Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints not selling any stars 09:05 - Apr 11 with 2981 views1teeminants

Due to recent sponsorship deal. I like the sound of this. Let’s see what happens.

Ings and Vestergaard going nowhere apparently.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-tottenha

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Saints not selling any stars on 09:35 - Apr 11 with 2254 viewsSaintNick

7 .5 million a year isn't going to make too much difference in whether we keep either although it will be handy, but it is only about the same as we got from Virgin and LC sport for the past 5 years

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints not selling any stars on 10:14 - Apr 11 with 2213 views1teeminants

Saints not selling any stars on 09:35 - Apr 11 by SaintNick

7 .5 million a year isn't going to make too much difference in whether we keep either although it will be handy, but it is only about the same as we got from Virgin and LC sport for the past 5 years

The report Says it’s our biggest sponsorship deal in history. You can only put up what’s being reported whether it’s true or not is another matter. Obviously if Ings and Vestergaard are desperate to go ,player power says they will it’s nice to hear Ralph say they won’t be sold. ( If he did)

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Saints not selling any stars on 16:21 - Apr 11 with 2077 viewsSaintNick

Saints not selling any stars on 10:14 - Apr 11 by 1teeminants

The report Says it’s our biggest sponsorship deal in history. You can only put up what’s being reported whether it’s true or not is another matter. Obviously if Ings and Vestergaard are desperate to go ,player power says they will it’s nice to hear Ralph say they won’t be sold. ( If he did)

Its the biggest but not by much

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints not selling any stars on 16:58 - Apr 11 with 2039 viewsBison

Saints not selling any stars on 16:21 - Apr 11 by SaintNick

Looks very interesting though as we are getting paid bonus's in BitCoin........

"Southampton’s shirt sponsor has offered to pay them performance bonuses in the cryptocurrency Bitcoin after extending its partnership with the club.

Coingaming Group, whose Sportsbet.io brand became Saints’ main partner at short notice after they abruptly dropped LD Sports just before the start of the season, agreed a deal for a further three years.

Hailing the sponsorship agreement as the biggest in the club’s history, Southampton said it “also includes the option for the club to be paid certain performance-based bonuses in Bitcoin at the end of each season, allowing the club the opportunity to take advantage of the new, high-growth currency if it feels it will bring significant future benefits”.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Saints not selling any stars on 02:11 - Apr 12 with 1866 viewswashington_saint

Saints not selling any stars on 16:21 - Apr 11 by SaintNick

Which means its the biggest
Saints not selling any stars on 08:20 - Apr 12 with 1773 viewsKennington

Saints not selling any stars on 16:58 - Apr 11 by Bison

"Southampton’s shirt sponsor has offered to pay them performance bonuses in the cryptocurrency Bitcoin after extending its partnership with the club.

Coingaming Group, whose Sportsbet.io brand became Saints’ main partner at short notice after they abruptly dropped LD Sports just before the start of the season, agreed a deal for a further three years.

Hailing the sponsorship agreement as the biggest in the club’s history, Southampton said it “also includes the option for the club to be paid certain performance-based bonuses in Bitcoin at the end of each season, allowing the club the opportunity to take advantage of the new, high-growth currency if it feels it will bring significant future benefits”.

At least they’re not getting paid in free bets. Personally I don’t like these betting firms advertising and as soon as it’s banned and treated like tobacco advertising the better.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Saints not selling any stars on 09:03 - Apr 12 with 1733 viewsJaySaint

Saints not selling any stars on 08:20 - Apr 12 by Kennington

At least they’re not getting paid in free bets. Personally I don’t like these betting firms advertising and as soon as it’s banned and treated like tobacco advertising the better.

that is ridiculous

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Saints not selling any stars on 09:26 - Apr 12 with 1706 viewsBerber

Saints not selling any stars on 08:20 - Apr 12 by Kennington

Absolutely. It is a vacuous industry leeching off a natural desire to "get something for nothing".
Login to get fewer ads

Saints not selling any stars on 09:28 - Apr 12 with 1699 viewsSadoldgit

Saints not selling any stars on 16:58 - Apr 11 by Bison

Better than the Monopoly money from LD Sports I suppose. Do we have to worry about who we can’t afford to buy with cryptocurrency now? It was bad enough in old money.
Saints not selling any stars on 10:13 - Apr 12 with 1661 viewsKennington

Saints not selling any stars on 09:03 - Apr 12 by JaySaint

that is ridiculous

In what way? Gambling is a scourge on the modern game. It dominates advertising and in the main causes huge misery. Even if people win a lot then betting firms are notorious for suspending and closing accounts. Happened to a mate of mine who after three big IPL cricket wins had his account closed. How can that be? They’ll take loser’s money all day and don’t care where that money is coming from but don’t like winners. Look too at high streets that are packed with bookies, full of down and outs wasting their money. Not saying gambling should be banned, it is just shouldn’t be advertised.

Saints not selling any stars on 11:44 - Apr 12 with 1623 viewsJaySaint

Saints not selling any stars on 10:13 - Apr 12 by Kennington

In what way? Gambling is a scourge on the modern game. It dominates advertising and in the main causes huge misery. Even if people win a lot then betting firms are notorious for suspending and closing accounts. Happened to a mate of mine who after three big IPL cricket wins had his account closed. How can that be? They’ll take loser’s money all day and don’t care where that money is coming from but don’t like winners. Look too at high streets that are packed with bookies, full of down and outs wasting their money. Not saying gambling should be banned, it is just shouldn’t be advertised.

what next, banning adverts for chocolate or fast food companies?

We had virgin media on our shirts, I have zero doubt that if you scratch the surface you could find something insanely objectionable about them.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 11:44]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Saints not selling any stars on 12:23 - Apr 12 with 1603 viewsSadoldgit

Saints not selling any stars on 11:44 - Apr 12 by JaySaint

We had virgin media on our shirts, I have zero doubt that if you scratch the surface you could find something insanely objectionable about them.

Did you object to the banning of cigarette advertising too? Advertising for gambling will be eventually banned too and it can’t come soon enough. It is an addiction and it ruins lives, just like smoking. Yes, we need advertising revenue but we really should not be promoting gambling.
Saints not selling any stars on 12:48 - Apr 12 with 1574 viewsfranniesTache

Saints not selling any stars on 11:44 - Apr 12 by JaySaint

Interestingly they'd already be banned - to a degree - as there's a ban on advertising fast food/junk food to children, i'm not sure the degree that's been tested in court but there's a pretty strong cases that a football team would be deemed as a place where they would be advertising to children so in breach of the current laws.
Saints not selling any stars on 12:50 - Apr 12 with 1573 viewsSonicBoom

Agreed. You go to a game or even the pub now and people obsess over betting.

The most laughable thing is the betting companies promoting responsible gambling. When the fun stops , stop. That is just PR to look like they care.
For people with real problems that must be ridiculous. Would you say to a heroin addict "Hey when you've had enough, just stop".
Saints not selling any stars on 12:51 - Apr 12 with 1572 viewsBison

Saints not selling any stars on 12:23 - Apr 12 by Sadoldgit

Did you object to the banning of cigarette advertising too? Advertising for gambling will be eventually banned too and it can’t come soon enough. It is an addiction and it ruins lives, just like smoking. Yes, we need advertising revenue but we really should not be promoting gambling.

I see you have found another group of people to keep you awake worrying at night SoG's. Free will is such a bummer thank god you are about to ensure all the idiots are protected from themselves.

You are TUI's very own Mary Whitehouse.

[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 12:53]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Saints not selling any stars on 14:49 - Apr 12 with 1510 viewsKennington

Saints not selling any stars on 12:51 - Apr 12 by Bison

I see you have found another group of people to keep you awake worrying at night SoG's. Free will is such a bummer thank god you are about to ensure all the idiots are protected from themselves.

No ones saying ban gambling, smoking or eating shît from Maccies. It’s simply these types of things imo don’t have a connection with professional sport. Big tobacco, gambling and fast food (including food producers that mainly fill their products with sugar and salt) are huge lobbyists and that’s why there are ridiculous self regulated schemes. If you look objectively at it, it really is absurd that they are anywhere near sport. A few years ago around the Olympics, I worked in a job that included running large scale community events. The only viable sponsor for this that came forward was Coke. My view was that it’s ridiculous to have them as a sponsor as it went against the whole idea of fitness and activity, My chief exec thought differently and I left that role soon after. I stand by my position though, as if you take their money you’re legitimising them.

Saints not selling any stars on 14:49 - Apr 12 with 1508 viewsSadoldgit

Saints not selling any stars on 12:51 - Apr 12 by Bison

Free will sounds great doesn’t it, until you factor in human beings. Especially human beings with addictive compulsions. Should we encourage people to kill themselves by ingesting poisons or lose their families savings by gambling them away? These things are out there and people wilth free will will seek them out if they want them, why the need to advertise unless it is to draw even more people in? Would you be so happy if we were being supported by the local knocking shops or sweat shops? The club is supposed to reflect decent family values is it not? Do you think that taking money from fools and get rich quick merchants on a daily basis upholds family values?

Oh, and don’t worry, I don’t stay awake at night worrying about it. It is just an expression of a view on a football forum 😉
Saints not selling any stars on 16:55 - Apr 12 with 1461 viewsfranniesTache

Saints not selling any stars on 14:49 - Apr 12 by Sadoldgit

Free will sounds great doesn’t it, until you factor in human beings. Especially human beings with addictive compulsions. Should we encourage people to kill themselves by ingesting poisons or lose their families savings by gambling them away? These things are out there and people wilth free will will seek them out if they want them, why the need to advertise unless it is to draw even more people in? Would you be so happy if we were being supported by the local knocking shops or sweat shops? The club is supposed to reflect decent family values is it not? Do you think that taking money from fools and get rich quick merchants on a daily basis upholds family values?

Oh, and don’t worry, I don’t stay awake at night worrying about it. It is just an expression of a view on a football forum 😉

You can, and should, nudge people in the right direction of healthier lifestyle choices, be that through taxation or perks or other means.

But ultimately should someone decide they want to do something that harms themselves (but not others) then i see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to do that, if they know the risks it's up to them.
Saints not selling any stars on 17:21 - Apr 12 with 1449 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints not selling any stars on 16:55 - Apr 12 by franniesTache

You can, and should, nudge people in the right direction of healthier lifestyle choices, be that through taxation or perks or other means.

But ultimately should someone decide they want to do something that harms themselves (but not others) then i see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to do that, if they know the risks it's up to them.

This is the fine balance isn't it. I tend to agree, that if knowing the risks, someone chooses to smoke, drink, eat too much, that is their choice and they should be able to make that choice. But you could argue that someone choosing to smoke, drink, gamble etc affects others. I. E drunks being violent, smokers costing the NHS, gamblers having mental health problems which then affects others. I can see both sides but certainly don't think we should be advertising something which is clearly unhealthy or damaging.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 17:23]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints not selling any stars on 19:51 - Apr 12 with 1389 viewscocklebreath

I’d sell the fooking lot

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints not selling any stars on 19:53 - Apr 12 with 1388 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Saints not selling any stars on 19:51 - Apr 12 by cocklebreath

I’d sell the fooking lot

I was going to say "what stars?"

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Saints not selling any stars on 19:58 - Apr 12 with 1382 viewscocklebreath

Saints not selling any stars on 19:53 - Apr 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I’d actually keep Armstrong and Adams that’s it

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints not selling any stars on 20:01 - Apr 12 with 1375 viewscynicalsaint

Saints not selling any stars on 19:53 - Apr 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

There is a queue forming for Redmond. I can't see us turning down the type of offers we'll be getting in the summer - as much as i would like us to.
Saints not selling any stars on 20:10 - Apr 12 with 1356 views1885_SFC

I'd like to see us sponsored by...

Old School is Cool

Saints not selling any stars on 20:47 - Apr 12 with 1314 viewsKennington

Saints not selling any stars on 20:01 - Apr 12 by cynicalsaint

There is a queue forming for Redmond. I can't see us turning down the type of offers we'll be getting in the summer - as much as i would like us to.

Fine with Redmond going. He’s a 1 good game in 7 or 8 type of player. Nothing has really changed in that regard other than he’s recently had two good games in a row. His level is lower premier league/top of the championship and that is evidenced over many seasons. Only reason a bigger club would want him is if they need more English players.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024