Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European Super League 20:44 - Apr 18 with 7110 viewsSadoldgit

Here we go then!
European Super League on 15:27 - Apr 19 with 1256 viewssaints__fan__73

European Super League on 15:22 - Apr 19 by Sadoldgit

And we have every right to see them kicked out of the EPL. You seem to have a really big problem with EUFA. Take it out on them, not me.

If you could spell UEFA it would help.

Who are 'we'? The fans? What on earth do rights have to do with anything?

The PL will never kick out the Big 6 as their TV revenues rely on them being in the league.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

European Super League on 15:52 - Apr 19 with 1214 viewsSadoldgit

European Super League on 15:27 - Apr 19 by saints__fan__73

The PL will never kick out the Big 6 as their TV revenues rely on them being in the league.

Yes I made a typo, so sue me.
You really have thought this through have you. Do you honestly think that the TV rights will attract as much money for the Premiership once the new Europa league is established? Yes the TV rights money will drop as will wages and transfer fees in the Prem which many might see as a good thing. There are plenty of big clubs in the Championship who can keep the interest in Premiership football going, especially if it becomes more competitive. The EPL is not just Liverpool or Spurs. I don’t think you will find many of the fans of these clubs looking forward to being kicked out of the EPL.
European Super League on 16:03 - Apr 19 with 1200 viewssaints__fan__73

European Super League on 15:52 - Apr 19 by Sadoldgit

Yes I made a typo, so sue me.
You really have thought this through have you. Do you honestly think that the TV rights will attract as much money for the Premiership once the new Europa league is established? Yes the TV rights money will drop as will wages and transfer fees in the Prem which many might see as a good thing. There are plenty of big clubs in the Championship who can keep the interest in Premiership football going, especially if it becomes more competitive. The EPL is not just Liverpool or Spurs. I don’t think you will find many of the fans of these clubs looking forward to being kicked out of the EPL.

You're making no sense...

Why are fans of the Big 6 looking forward to being kicked out of the PL? It's not going to happen so why would they even be concerned?

Yes, of course the PL TV deal may decrease with the existence of a bigger mid-week league but this would pale into insignificance when compared to the massive fall which would happen if the Big 6 are not in it at all.

Try and understand what modern English football is. The PL is a league funded largely by the TV deals to allow people in foreign countries to follow their beloved Liverpool, Man Utd, etc.

Are you honestly saying that these fans will 'keep their interest going" in the PL, if it added the likes of Nottingham Forest and Derby County

If you want an accurate idea of how much interest there would be in foreign countries for a PL without the Big 6 then look at the money the FL gets from televising the Championship overseas.

European Super League on 16:26 - Apr 19 with 1186 viewsMytchettSaint

European Super League on 16:03 - Apr 19 by saints__fan__73

You're making no sense...

Why are fans of the Big 6 looking forward to being kicked out of the PL? It's not going to happen so why would they even be concerned?

Yes, of course the PL TV deal may decrease with the existence of a bigger mid-week league but this would pale into insignificance when compared to the massive fall which would happen if the Big 6 are not in it at all.

Try and understand what modern English football is. The PL is a league funded largely by the TV deals to allow people in foreign countries to follow their beloved Liverpool, Man Utd, etc.

Are you honestly saying that these fans will 'keep their interest going" in the PL, if it added the likes of Nottingham Forest and Derby County

If you want an accurate idea of how much interest there would be in foreign countries for a PL without the Big 6 then look at the money the FL gets from televising the Championship overseas.

It’s not a question of the PL tv deal money may decrease, it will plummet. Why would all the foreign tv markets worry about the PL and watch Man Utd v Burnley or Liverpool v Saints when they could buy and watch Man Utd v Barcelona instead with much more regularity? The PL would almost become a pointless side show to this Super League.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

European Super League on 16:36 - Apr 19 with 1171 viewssaints__fan__73

European Super League on 16:26 - Apr 19 by MytchettSaint

It’s not a question of the PL tv deal money may decrease, it will plummet. Why would all the foreign tv markets worry about the PL and watch Man Utd v Burnley or Liverpool v Saints when they could buy and watch Man Utd v Barcelona instead with much more regularity? The PL would almost become a pointless side show to this Super League.

It will, which will be great for clubs like us. The PL will be desperate to keep the Big 6 though, just to preserve any hope of getting some international tv money.

European Super League on 17:04 - Apr 19 with 1132 viewsNewdawn2014

What I will really miss is the chance to sing " you greedy, dirty, filthy fookers " at said teams , because they wont be there hear to it.
reap what you sow you money grabbing w-hores . ANGRY .
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 17:05]
European Super League on 17:43 - Apr 19 with 1091 viewsSadoldgit

European Super League on 16:36 - Apr 19 by saints__fan__73

It will, which will be great for clubs like us. The PL will be desperate to keep the Big 6 though, just to preserve any hope of getting some international tv money.

So what if their income decreases? Everyone cuts back, win-win. There is nothing stoping UEFA continuing to run European competitions. There used to be more variety with the Cup Winners Cup and Inter Cities Fairs cup. There are still plenty of quality teams here and in Europe without the “big” teams. If players can no longer represent their countries they might also think twice about signing up for the European circus. You seem certain that our big six won’t be kicked out. You are the only person I have come across today who thinks that.
European Super League on 18:34 - Apr 19 with 1047 viewsJaySaint

European Super League on 17:43 - Apr 19 by Sadoldgit

So what if their income decreases? Everyone cuts back, win-win. There is nothing stoping UEFA continuing to run European competitions. There used to be more variety with the Cup Winners Cup and Inter Cities Fairs cup. There are still plenty of quality teams here and in Europe without the “big” teams. If players can no longer represent their countries they might also think twice about signing up for the European circus. You seem certain that our big six won’t be kicked out. You are the only person I have come across today who thinks that.

Never forget the Anglo-Italian cup.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Login to get fewer ads

European Super League on 19:00 - Apr 19 with 1020 viewsBerber

European Super League on 09:48 - Apr 19 by saints__fan__73

Why? What has this to do with the PL?

Instead of playing in a mid-week Euro competition where UEFA takes most of the money, the clubs will instead play in a mid-week Euro competition where the clubs keep most of the money.

Why are moronic English football fans getting so angry and having such loyalty to UEFA? What has UEFA done to deserve this loyalty?

But if the clubs still aim to play in the PL, and one of them won it, they wouldn't be able to compete in two midweek competitions. Declining to represent the PL in European competitions is not a viable option, as it would breach the current UEFA and FIFA agreements, and no doubt the PL agreement with the clubs.

It is all probably a gambit to wrest more money for the clubs from UEFA (and FIFA). Given how unaccountable both those demonstrably corrupt organisations are, calling them to account would probably be a good thing. However, much like the EU, they remain blind to the fact that they don't necessarily have the support of their voting base.
European Super League on 19:48 - Apr 19 with 986 viewsBison

European Super League on 15:27 - Apr 19 by saints__fan__73

The PL will follow UEFA -

'Real Madrid, Manchester City and Chelsea will likely be banned from this season’s Champions League semi-finals, UEFA executive committee member Jesper Moller told broadcaster DR on Monday.

“The clubs must go, and I expect that to happen on Friday. Then we have to find out how to finish (this season’s) Champions League tournament,” said Moller, who is the head of the Danish FA. “There is an extraordinary executive committee meeting on Friday.”'

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

European Super League on 20:03 - Apr 19 with 962 viewsSaintsforeverj

So those 6 clubs, want guaranteed "champions league" football regardless of performance. A Leicester or an Everton could win the league but it won't mean a thing as the same teams will be in Europe regardless. Football games just for the fun of it and not to earn the right to qualify. If thus goes ahead, they would have to be thrown out of the league. You couldn't have a team at risk of relegation vs a team that doesn't need to try because it's in a super league regardless!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 20:06]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

European Super League on 20:35 - Apr 19 with 932 viewsButty101

Fair play to Klopp who has come out against the super league. Unlike the weaselly Chelsea manager

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

European Super League on 09:21 - Apr 20 with 811 viewssaints__fan__73

European Super League on 19:48 - Apr 19 by Bison

The PL will follow UEFA -

'Real Madrid, Manchester City and Chelsea will likely be banned from this season’s Champions League semi-finals, UEFA executive committee member Jesper Moller told broadcaster DR on Monday.

“The clubs must go, and I expect that to happen on Friday. Then we have to find out how to finish (this season’s) Champions League tournament,” said Moller, who is the head of the Danish FA. “There is an extraordinary executive committee meeting on Friday.”'

You are correct. UEFA will not ban the teams from this season's CL and the PL will never kick them out.

European Super League on 09:26 - Apr 20 with 808 viewssaints__fan__73

I'm the only person who doesn't think the PL will kick out the 6 teams that generate all of their revenue and without them they would be running a league on a par with the Championship? Really? You must know some right dullards.

European Super League on 09:53 - Apr 20 with 785 viewsSadoldgit

European Super League on 09:26 - Apr 20 by saints__fan__73

I'm the only person who doesn't think the PL will kick out the 6 teams that generate all of their revenue and without them they would be running a league on a par with the Championship? Really? You must know some right dullards.

Let’s see shall we. But I find it odd that you think that the football world will sit back and be dictated to by a handful of clubs. If you have bothered to read any other views the majority are in favour of kicking the greedy six out of the Premier League, so it looks like I am not the only “mad” one. UEFA are already talking about throwing clubs out of the final stages of the CL. Are they “mad” too?
European Super League on 10:29 - Apr 20 with 764 viewssaints__fan__73

European Super League on 09:53 - Apr 20 by Sadoldgit

Let’s see shall we. But I find it odd that you think that the football world will sit back and be dictated to by a handful of clubs. If you have bothered to read any other views the majority are in favour of kicking the greedy six out of the Premier League, so it looks like I am not the only “mad” one. UEFA are already talking about throwing clubs out of the final stages of the CL. Are they “mad” too?

The majority of who? Fans? That's fine but they are talking in moral terms.

The PL and UEFA have to think in financial terms. Kicking out the Big 6 would be financial suicide for the PL and I would be very surprised if UEFA kick the teams out of the CL as it would put them in huge trouble with their broadcasters and sponsors who keep their gravy train afloat if you tell them there is to be no CL final this season (or if there is it will be between teams already knocked out).

European Super League on 10:39 - Apr 20 with 757 viewsBison

European Super League on 10:29 - Apr 20 by saints__fan__73

The majority of who? Fans? That's fine but they are talking in moral terms.

The PL and UEFA have to think in financial terms. Kicking out the Big 6 would be financial suicide for the PL and I would be very surprised if UEFA kick the teams out of the CL as it would put them in huge trouble with their broadcasters and sponsors who keep their gravy train afloat if you tell them there is to be no CL final this season (or if there is it will be between teams already knocked out).

I suppose if you look at this as a siege then who can last the longest the 12 clubs currently of UEFA and FIFA. The $200 million each team get is a LOAN from JP Morgan . So if they not in EPL -

Winning the Premier League brings with it all sorts of concomitant financial rewards, but the immediate prize for the champions is currently in the region of £150 million ($182m).

Suddenly the $200m loan not so great. You may be right but I think the rest of world football will last out longer than the clubs , Real Madrid are 1billion in debt and playing at their training ground.

I can see City of Chelsea who dont need the money so much may say fek it and it will all fall down.

European Super League on 11:16 - Apr 20 with 730 viewssaints__fan__73

European Super League on 10:39 - Apr 20 by Bison

I suppose if you look at this as a siege then who can last the longest the 12 clubs currently of UEFA and FIFA. The $200 million each team get is a LOAN from JP Morgan . So if they not in EPL -

Winning the Premier League brings with it all sorts of concomitant financial rewards, but the immediate prize for the champions is currently in the region of £150 million ($182m).

Suddenly the $200m loan not so great. You may be right but I think the rest of world football will last out longer than the clubs , Real Madrid are 1billion in debt and playing at their training ground.

I can see City of Chelsea who dont need the money so much may say fek it and it will all fall down.

The Big 6 will still be getting PL prize money. No way they will be kicked out by the PL for joining a mid-week league given that they are already in one.

European Super League on 11:25 - Apr 20 with 726 viewsIanSouthstander

Thats a good point you make about players thinking twice about jeopardising their international careers. Take out all the international stars from those 6 clubs and what will be left. I can see most of these players slapping in transfer requests as they value their long term international careers over a short term financial gain.
European Super League on 11:37 - Apr 20 with 718 viewssaints__fan__73

European Super League on 11:25 - Apr 20 by IanSouthstander

Thats a good point you make about players thinking twice about jeopardising their international careers. Take out all the international stars from those 6 clubs and what will be left. I can see most of these players slapping in transfer requests as they value their long term international careers over a short term financial gain.

Are you serious? Players sacrificing hundreds of thousands of pounds of weekly wages in order to play for their countries for free? Yep, that's going to happen.

Players already feign injury to avoid international call ups.

European Super League on 11:50 - Apr 20 with 707 viewsSadoldgit

European Super League on 11:37 - Apr 20 by saints__fan__73

Are you serious? Players sacrificing hundreds of thousands of pounds of weekly wages in order to play for their countries for free? Yep, that's going to happen.

Players already feign injury to avoid international call ups.

You are very cynical aren’t you? Do you really think that most players only play for their countries for money? I believe that most players would happily represent their countries free. I also think that players would play for their clubs in reduced wages. What would you rather do for the same money, work in an office or kick a ball around?
European Super League on 12:17 - Apr 20 with 689 viewsBison

European Super League on 11:16 - Apr 20 by saints__fan__73

The Big 6 will still be getting PL prize money. No way they will be kicked out by the PL for joining a mid-week league given that they are already in one.

Whether they are kicked out of PL or not the prize money will be drastically reduced as they have already said they will play weakened teams in their national Leagues which reduces the pull of the PL as it will be Top 6 in name only as all the 'stars' will be playing mid week.

Also everyone of their players contracts will automatically be void as it wont be a FIFA sanctioned tournament so if they were inclined the players could walk or sign a new non FIFA deal and there goes their right to play in the UEFA or FIFA Comps.

Also dont coaches have to have UEFA of FIFA badges ? So thats another weapon that could be used by the the authorities , you coach in that league you get a ban from any of our tournaments , given the life of a football manager that would be a risky business.

Rednapp managing Spurs
Mark Hughes back to City or United
Sammy Lee for Liverpool
Ruud Gullitt back to Chelsea.

[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 12:36]

European Super League on 12:29 - Apr 20 with 680 viewssaints__fan__73

European Super League on 11:50 - Apr 20 by Sadoldgit

You are very cynical aren’t you? Do you really think that most players only play for their countries for money? I believe that most players would happily represent their countries free. I also think that players would play for their clubs in reduced wages. What would you rather do for the same money, work in an office or kick a ball around?

Do you mis-understand everything? I have no idea what that gibberish means. Players only play for their countries for money? Really? You do realise they are not actually paid to play internationals don't you? (at least not anything other than a nominal fee which is about 2 hours work of what their clubs pay them).

No idea what your last point is, do you think the ESL is some form of office based work for players?

European Super League on 12:34 - Apr 20 with 675 viewsfranniesTache

If it was up to me i'd kick them out the league and force their hand, it's going to happen anyway at some point and they're going to use it as a stick to give themselves more power and money in the meantime, so f*ck it, rip off the plaster and get on with it.
European Super League on 13:06 - Apr 20 with 652 viewsTripleNiemi

European Super League on 12:34 - Apr 20 by franniesTache

If it was up to me i'd kick them out the league and force their hand, it's going to happen anyway at some point and they're going to use it as a stick to give themselves more power and money in the meantime, so f*ck it, rip off the plaster and get on with it.

1000000% this

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024