Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Spirit Of Shankly 21:48 - Apr 19 with 1696 viewsSaintNick

Not every Liverpool fan is a glory hunter, this is the statement from their supporters groups who are already mobilising against a European Super League

https://spiritofshankly.com/european-super-league-a-statement/?fbclid=IwAR3GT_m5

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The Spirit Of Shankly on 06:18 - Apr 20 with 1621 viewssolent_toffee

It’s been mentioned many times on here before that Liverpool aren’t just about the customer journey. What FSG represents is so far removed from the day to day life in city.

The way FSG has ruined the area of Anfield is also a disgrace, although I don’t think I ever heard Carragher piping up about that, I think SoS did but got nowhere. Maybe the writing was on the wall then.

I always thought it would be great to see a world without Liverpool, without derbies, without all the bollox of their cringey supporters. But having seen the devastation of some of my family and friends in the last 24 hours, it is horrific how they are having their club stolen from under them by FSG.

The sooner these scumbags are out of the game and the power returns to the fans, not customers, the healthier the game will be.

I honestly think that this government will throw the kitchen sink at stopping this joke of a league. Football has been crying out for reform for years with fans and communities at the heart of it, not pandering to the consumers who are as passionate about their football team as much as they are the new IPhone or the next Marvel film.
The Spirit Of Shankly on 07:21 - Apr 20 with 1596 viewssaintwizzler

The Spirit Of Shankly on 06:18 - Apr 20 by solent_toffee

It’s been mentioned many times on here before that Liverpool aren’t just about the customer journey. What FSG represents is so far removed from the day to day life in city.

The way FSG has ruined the area of Anfield is also a disgrace, although I don’t think I ever heard Carragher piping up about that, I think SoS did but got nowhere. Maybe the writing was on the wall then.

I always thought it would be great to see a world without Liverpool, without derbies, without all the bollox of their cringey supporters. But having seen the devastation of some of my family and friends in the last 24 hours, it is horrific how they are having their club stolen from under them by FSG.

The sooner these scumbags are out of the game and the power returns to the fans, not customers, the healthier the game will be.

I honestly think that this government will throw the kitchen sink at stopping this joke of a league. Football has been crying out for reform for years with fans and communities at the heart of it, not pandering to the consumers who are as passionate about their football team as much as they are the new IPhone or the next Marvel film.

The writing was on the wall when the Russian oil man created Chelsea FC.
Then came the shakermaker at Man City.

None of these owners give a flying fûck about the fans.
Soon be PPV games as with the introduction of VAR and it being run so poorly it’s sucked the excitement out of the game.
Goal, celebrate like fûck, hang on, 2 mins wait, goal disallowed, Ings’ bell end was offside.
Scrap it for offsides. Use it for penalties and red cards only.

It’s all geared up for the armchair fan now.

What next, 4 quarters so they can get more adverts in?!

Oh for the days of 3pm Saturday kick offs!!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

The Spirit Of Shankly on 07:57 - Apr 20 with 1573 viewssaintwizzler

The Spirit Of Shankly on 07:21 - Apr 20 by saintwizzler

The writing was on the wall when the Russian oil man created Chelsea FC.
Then came the shakermaker at Man City.

None of these owners give a flying fûck about the fans.
Soon be PPV games as with the introduction of VAR and it being run so poorly it’s sucked the excitement out of the game.
Goal, celebrate like fûck, hang on, 2 mins wait, goal disallowed, Ings’ bell end was offside.
Scrap it for offsides. Use it for penalties and red cards only.

It’s all geared up for the armchair fan now.

What next, 4 quarters so they can get more adverts in?!

Oh for the days of 3pm Saturday kick offs!!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

The Spirit Of Shankly on 13:32 - Apr 20 with 1464 viewsKennington

Unless we’re playing them, I really have zero interest in Liverpool. Had some great nights out there years ago, but that’s as far as it goes. It’s peculiar that a saints’ board has so many threads about Liverpool.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The Spirit Of Shankly on 14:02 - Apr 20 with 1440 viewsSaintNick

The Spirit Of Shankly on 13:32 - Apr 20 by Kennington

Unless we’re playing them, I really have zero interest in Liverpool. Had some great nights out there years ago, but that’s as far as it goes. It’s peculiar that a saints’ board has so many threads about Liverpool.

This isnt a thread about Liverpool it is about what Liverpool fans have done to protest against the European Super League an issue which affects southampton

The Spirit Of Shankly on 14:56 - Apr 20 with 1412 viewsKennington

The Spirit Of Shankly on 14:02 - Apr 20 by SaintNick

This isnt a thread about Liverpool it is about what Liverpool fans have done to protest against the European Super League an issue which affects southampton

Looks suspiciously Liverpool related to me, particularly as it’s about Liverpool fans.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The Spirit Of Shankly on 19:58 - Apr 21 with 1286 viewscynicalsaint

The Spirit Of Shankly on 14:56 - Apr 20 by Kennington

Looks suspiciously Liverpool related to me, particularly as it’s about Liverpool fans.

Godwins Law.

Thread closed.
The Spirit Of Shankly on 20:25 - Apr 21 with 1245 viewsSaintsforeverj

The Spirit Of Shankly on 14:02 - Apr 20 by SaintNick

Other fans have also protested against the super league and you make no mention of them. Rediculous that you keep posting about Liverpool on a Saints site, a club that has done us nothing but harm. Proper Saints fans arn't interested in them. If you love them and their fans so much go and support them or I'm sure you probably already do. You criticise the Saints fans and say how great Liverpool fans are,on a Saints site!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 21:00]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

The Spirit Of Shankly on 08:14 - Apr 22 with 1129 viewsbarry_sanchez

I live in Liverpool, how can I hate the fans they’re my friends, neighbours and co workers, the club is a shit house corp though that does nothing for the locals, local area or anything to help local fans get ticket legally, they may make weak attempts but they don’t. Everton do far more for the community, any red in Liverpool will say the same worth their salt, Liverpool FC look away from Liverpool for commercial interest.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

The Spirit Of Shankly on 08:26 - Apr 22 with 1118 viewsSaintNick

The Spirit Of Shankly on 20:25 - Apr 21 by Saintsforeverj

Other fans have also protested against the super league and you make no mention of them. Rediculous that you keep posting about Liverpool on a Saints site, a club that has done us nothing but harm. Proper Saints fans arn't interested in them. If you love them and their fans so much go and support them or I'm sure you probably already do. You criticise the Saints fans and say how great Liverpool fans are,on a Saints site!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 21:00]

I have made mention of other fans , Chelsea for instance.

Where have Liverpool done us nothing but harm ?

Back in the 2005-2008 period as were cash strapped they loaned us players, that was helping us not harming us, their only crime has been wanting to buy our players, at times they have not behaved well in doing that and I have taken them to task when that has been the case.

If proper Saints fans arent interested in them , then why do I keep seeing them go on and on about them not just on here but social media.

I would have loved to have put up a story and pictures of Saints supporters stood outside St Mary's protesting, but trouble is no one did they just moaned about it on social media.

I have run this site now online for 21 years , most of the Liverpool stuff on here is not instigated by me, I only get involved reactively .

I haven't actually directly criticised Saints supporters much on here, most of them are brilliant, but some like you it seems have a fixation with Liverpool and can't bear to hear their name mentioned.

The Spirit Of Shankly on 13:15 - Apr 22 with 1052 viewsbarry_sanchez

The Spirit Of Shankly on 08:26 - Apr 22 by SaintNick

Back in the 2005-2008 period as were cash strapped they loaned us players, that was helping us not harming us, their only crime has been wanting to buy our players, at times they have not behaved well in doing that and I have taken them to task when that has been the case.

If proper Saints fans arent interested in them , then why do I keep seeing them go on and on about them not just on here but social media.

I would have loved to have put up a story and pictures of Saints supporters stood outside St Mary's protesting, but trouble is no one did they just moaned about it on social media.

I have run this site now online for 21 years , most of the Liverpool stuff on here is not instigated by me, I only get involved reactively .

I haven't actually directly criticised Saints supporters much on here, most of them are brilliant, but some like you it seems have a fixation with Liverpool and can't bear to hear their name mentioned.

Maybe, they value their clubs more? Maybe its a class thing? Southampton FC I think since the departure from the Dell lost an awful lot, now its mums, dads and families going which is great but that space isn't available to take up in many of the bigger clubs as they never give up their seasons, Goodison maybe but their support is definitely more North End working class as opposed to Liverpools South end posher roots so blokes on matchday are still en masse.
We're a very quiet club in the league, I think if we went down it would create a more militant and strangely defensively proud attitude as the premier league day trippers and families wouldn't go.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

The Spirit Of Shankly on 13:35 - Apr 22 with 1034 viewssolent_toffee

The Spirit Of Shankly on 13:15 - Apr 22 by barry_sanchez

Maybe, they value their clubs more? Maybe its a class thing? Southampton FC I think since the departure from the Dell lost an awful lot, now its mums, dads and families going which is great but that space isn't available to take up in many of the bigger clubs as they never give up their seasons, Goodison maybe but their support is definitely more North End working class as opposed to Liverpools South end posher roots so blokes on matchday are still en masse.
We're a very quiet club in the league, I think if we went down it would create a more militant and strangely defensively proud attitude as the premier league day trippers and families wouldn't go.

You can’t get a ticket for love nor money at Goodison now. There are almost 32k season ticket holders, with around 3k going to members for each game and they get snapped up straight away.

I only got my season ticket a few years back at the last minute because my brother is friends with Rob Elstone, the ex chairman and I got bumped up the waiting list, truth be told I wasn’t on the waiting list.

Without that I’d never be able to get to a game.

I think it will be the same at BMD. There’s now a 20k season ticket waiting list.

We do love our mediocrity us Evertonians.
The Spirit Of Shankly on 13:41 - Apr 22 with 1019 viewsbarry_sanchez

Oh you can get a ticket, I don't know if half and half are still sold, the reds used to love that to take the piss, on our estate theres a block of people who go and there's always a spare but that said I don't know of a bigger club than Everton that's still has such a large following home and away in a 2 team City, especially with the others success of late, they're insufferable, if my kids can't be Saints I hope they opt for Everton for many reasons, the only thing wrong is the colour!

The Spirit Of Shankly on 13:43 - Apr 22 with 1017 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The Spirit Of Shankly on 13:15 - Apr 22 by barry_sanchez

It did didn't it? The support home and away when in div 2 and div 3 were far better - noisier, more passionate and closer. Even when Saints were crap under the Dutch duo.

Since being promoted, it didn't even creep back, it was evident straight away that the non-hardcore support was back.

But in terms of the hardcore support, Saints definitely have a much smaller base than the likes of Everton and Newcastle. But is that surprising?

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

The Spirit Of Shankly on 15:44 - Apr 22 with 969 viewssolent_toffee

The Spirit Of Shankly on 13:41 - Apr 22 by barry_sanchez

Oh you can get a ticket, I don't know if half and half are still sold, the reds used to love that to take the piss, on our estate theres a block of people who go and there's always a spare but that said I don't know of a bigger club than Everton that's still has such a large following home and away in a 2 team City, especially with the others success of late, they're insufferable, if my kids can't be Saints I hope they opt for Everton for many reasons, the only thing wrong is the colour!

You’ve not been able to get a half season ticket for about six years. If you want a ticket then the only way to get one (pre pandemic) was to go via Stubhub. But I’m sure around the time of COVID hitting Everton pulled the plug on this. Possibly with an impending Derby coming up that most blues were looking to swerve and sell their tickets to the red tourists for obscene amounts of money (im too bitter to do that, I’d rather the seat was left empty!)

There are still spared knocking about when people can’t go like. We have a number of season tickets in our family, but there’s always a list of who to give it to on a Saturday morning, when one us can’t make it.

Away tickets are nigh on impossible to get unless you go every game, I always get one for SMS but only because our leader is able to do trade offs throughout the season, to his credit.

Defo have your kids brought up to be blue, it’s character building. They will also develop great resilience and have low expectations (when it comes to football anyway!)
The Spirit Of Shankly on 16:45 - Apr 22 with 939 viewsbarry_sanchez

The Spirit Of Shankly on 13:43 - Apr 22 by Gennaro_Contaldo

It did didn't it? The support home and away when in div 2 and div 3 were far better - noisier, more passionate and closer. Even when Saints were crap under the Dutch duo.

Since being promoted, it didn't even creep back, it was evident straight away that the non-hardcore support was back.

But in terms of the hardcore support, Saints definitely have a much smaller base than the likes of Everton and Newcastle. But is that surprising?

No, not at all, we've a great support but its not angry and demanding like other clubs, no way would other clubs put up with the shite we put up with without going into total meltdown, for a start our owner hasn't ever set out the goals of the club, no aspiring club would do that well maybe only Ashley at Newcastle and he is vehemently hated, location, populace and money all play a part, living up here with young kids its tough to get to too many games but I've seen the changes over the years, we're a nice club not a scary one, great for PR shite for anything else really.

The Spirit Of Shankly on 18:17 - Apr 22 with 913 viewsSadoldgit

The Spirit Of Shankly on 16:45 - Apr 22 by barry_sanchez

No, not at all, we've a great support but its not angry and demanding like other clubs, no way would other clubs put up with the shite we put up with without going into total meltdown, for a start our owner hasn't ever set out the goals of the club, no aspiring club would do that well maybe only Ashley at Newcastle and he is vehemently hated, location, populace and money all play a part, living up here with young kids its tough to get to too many games but I've seen the changes over the years, we're a nice club not a scary one, great for PR shite for anything else really.

Here you go again. jeez you are a stuck record Barry. Gao is trying to sell the club, that is his plan for the club. Prior to that the aim was to stay up and try and improve on last season. What would you prefer? Some kind of b/s about Champions League football in five years? Clubs like us aim to stay up and hope for a good cup run. You really don’t need someone telling you that every year do you?
The Spirit Of Shankly on 18:23 - Apr 22 with 912 viewscocklebreath

My son plays for an under 8 team in Basingstoke and I’m amazed how few kids have a team, they all seem to support 4 or 5 teams and have all the shirts. I think me and one other dad (spurs fan) have a club which we make our kids support. I always thought when you have a kid they automatically support your team. Weird world.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The Spirit Of Shankly on 19:59 - Apr 22 with 863 viewsBlue

"have a fixation with Liverpool"

The absolute irony in those words!

You're the bell that went on a rant in a reply to me, about something unrelated to a post I made, by bigging up Liverpool fans.

As I said back then, you're a joke.

Still stood in the Kippax

The Spirit Of Shankly on 22:07 - Apr 22 with 829 viewsSaintsforeverj

Liverpool fans have never experienced being in the lower leagues or the struggles that we have. We have nothing in common with them. They tapped up our players, and they are just an arrogant elite club miles away from here, and part of the elite few with millions of glory hunting fans across the world. What is to like about that?

If you want to praise a set of fans, then maybe look at Man City, who have fans who have at least experienced some suffering and were there in their numbers in league 1 equivalent. None of their fans throw missiles at coaches and I am yet to witness any of them in the home end at St Mary's.

Even better, start a thread about the loyal Norwich fans loyal Plymouth fans or those brilliantly loyal Bolton fans which would have more merit and would be of more interest to lots of us I'm sure. I prefer the underdog. It's easy to support a club who wins everything. I'm fed up of hearing about Liverpool and their fans who enjoy winning things most years, cheering on greedy players on hundreds of thousands a week, then complaining about an unfair society. Crazy about Salah, who earns 350 000 pounds a week for kicking a ball, but they vote for socialism up there. They are the biggest hypocrites in the country. What is to like?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 22:27]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

The Spirit Of Shankly on 22:12 - Apr 22 with 818 viewsbarry_sanchez

The Spirit Of Shankly on 18:17 - Apr 22 by Sadoldgit

Here you go again. jeez you are a stuck record Barry. Gao is trying to sell the club, that is his plan for the club. Prior to that the aim was to stay up and try and improve on last season. What would you prefer? Some kind of b/s about Champions League football in five years? Clubs like us aim to stay up and hope for a good cup run. You really don’t need someone telling you that every year do you?

Hows the selling going? I'd prefer a bit of honesty, a bit like
"I'm here to clean Chinese money and when Beijing said the pull the pin I did but no one wants to buy as I invested nothing and the team are shite"

The Spirit Of Shankly on 22:19 - Apr 22 with 803 viewsSadoldgit

The Spirit Of Shankly on 22:12 - Apr 22 by barry_sanchez

Hows the selling going? I'd prefer a bit of honesty, a bit like
"I'm here to clean Chinese money and when Beijing said the pull the pin I did but no one wants to buy as I invested nothing and the team are shite"

Funnily enough billionaires aren’t queuing up to by average Premier League football clubs. If you were selling your house, would you be happy to let it go below the price you wanted for it?
The Spirit Of Shankly on 12:23 - Apr 24 with 668 viewsbarry_sanchez

The Spirit Of Shankly on 22:19 - Apr 22 by Sadoldgit

Funnily enough billionaires aren’t queuing up to by average Premier League football clubs. If you were selling your house, would you be happy to let it go below the price you wanted for it?

Depends how much I wanted to move, do you think before you type?

The Spirit Of Shankly on 14:39 - Apr 24 with 626 viewsButty101

The Spirit Of Shankly on 22:19 - Apr 22 by Sadoldgit

It’s only worth what someone will pay

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

The Spirit Of Shankly on 15:06 - Apr 24 with 601 viewsHeisenberg

Looks like Liverpoool are not going to finish in the top 4 this season. Mmmm. If there was only another way they could get to play the top clubs in Europe.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024