Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man U / Liverpool protests 16:08 - May 2 with 3892 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fans blocking the hotel entrance where the players are. Fans saying they will stop games going ahead, until the glaziers are out. Well, that's one way to get rid of your owner!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-953495
[Post edited 2 May 2021 16:10]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Man U / Liverpool protests on 16:55 - May 2 with 3246 viewskingslandstand1

From what I saw it looked like a bunch of kids wanting to get on the tele! Well, those on the pitch were, but now the concern is the players getting from their hotel to the ground so how is that going to help the cause
Man U / Liverpool protests on 17:37 - May 2 with 3199 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man U / Liverpool protests on 16:55 - May 2 by kingslandstand1

From what I saw it looked like a bunch of kids wanting to get on the tele! Well, those on the pitch were, but now the concern is the players getting from their hotel to the ground so how is that going to help the cause

Match called off. I assume the intention is a warning from fans that they have the power to prevent games from happening and that would obviously cause a big problem for the clubs owners if they can't fulfil their fixtures. They want their owners out and are forcing it I guess.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 17:38]

Man U / Liverpool protests on 17:40 - May 2 with 3179 viewsSaintal7

Fair play to them. Every United fan in Manchester turned up !
Man U / Liverpool protests on 17:49 - May 2 with 3154 viewsBicester_North

Fantastic words from Gary Neville and Keane, they are placing the blame firmly at the greed of modern day football.

I don’t like Man U but hats off to them, and GN especially is bang on with his comments on the state of modern football.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Man U / Liverpool protests on 17:54 - May 2 with 3138 viewskingslandstand1

My worry is that it will set a precedent for elsewhere and you won't get new owners in before next Saturday!
Like some of the other recent "peaceful" protests that hit the headlines, it will attract those there just for the fights etc
But they achieved their goal, to get this game called off. But to carry on doing so until the owners are out? That could be interesting
Man U / Liverpool protests on 19:08 - May 2 with 3000 viewsTripleNiemi

Would they still be dripping if they were top of the league? I doubt it....
[Post edited 2 May 2021 19:12]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Man U / Liverpool protests on 19:11 - May 2 with 2996 viewsTripleNiemi

Man U / Liverpool protests on 17:49 - May 2 by Bicester_North

Fantastic words from Gary Neville and Keane, they are placing the blame firmly at the greed of modern day football.

I don’t like Man U but hats off to them, and GN especially is bang on with his comments on the state of modern football.

Completely agree but just say the Glazers sell up, what do these fans want? Would they be happy with a 'British' owner who might only be a millionaire? Personally i think that most clubs supporters have been protesting at the backhanded way these clubs tried to breakaway from the domestic set up, today though this is more to do with United fans being unhappy at not contending for the league having still been allowed to spend gazillions by the Glazers.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 19:24]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Man U / Liverpool protests on 20:33 - May 2 with 2880 viewskingslandstand1

Man U / Liverpool protests on 19:08 - May 2 by TripleNiemi

Would they still be dripping if they were top of the league? I doubt it....
[Post edited 2 May 2021 19:12]

That's what Souness said with his Lpool hat on and got a quick rebuke from Roy Keane with his Utd hat on
Login to get fewer ads

Man U / Liverpool protests on 22:34 - May 2 with 2776 viewsA1079

Gao and Kat must be relieved that they do not have anything to worry about with Saints supporters.

I am not sure what Man U supporters want. They may not like the Glazers but they have not exactly been tight on investment on and off the pitch. But, I am not a football economist and I guess they may know more than I do. I get a bit tired though with all this constant attention with Liverpool and Man Utd. There always seems to be some sort of drama surrounding one or other of these clubs. The cynical in me suggests it may have been orchestrated to stop the title going to City today.
Man U / Liverpool protests on 22:39 - May 2 with 2770 viewsSaintal7

Is that the same Neville and Keane that would have been earning a hundred grand + a week at United.?
Man U / Liverpool protests on 23:27 - May 2 with 2724 viewsBicester_North

Man U / Liverpool protests on 22:39 - May 2 by Saintal7

Is that the same Neville and Keane that would have been earning a hundred grand + a week at United.?

This is a fair point, they both coined it in and reaped the rewards of the premier league deal which was when football started to go down the shitter.

However, it’s good to see the main faces at a TV station that has been a plague on football go against the money grabbing side of the game. Yes they are still earning big bucks themselves but at least it adds momentum to the fans kicking off against the corporate wipeout.

I wouldn’t care if they lose their jobs and Sky sports go deservedly bankrupt for the part they’ve played in it all, but I do feel Neville in particular has come to a realisation that it’s rotten.

Maybe he should resign from his job with Sky if he wants to really make a proper statement. Won’t happen though.

Man U / Liverpool protests on 23:31 - May 2 with 2720 viewsBicester_North

Man U / Liverpool protests on 22:34 - May 2 by A1079

Gao and Kat must be relieved that they do not have anything to worry about with Saints supporters.

I am not sure what Man U supporters want. They may not like the Glazers but they have not exactly been tight on investment on and off the pitch. But, I am not a football economist and I guess they may know more than I do. I get a bit tired though with all this constant attention with Liverpool and Man Utd. There always seems to be some sort of drama surrounding one or other of these clubs. The cynical in me suggests it may have been orchestrated to stop the title going to City today.

To be fair to Man U they have always had a good hardcore support that epitomise the working class element of football. We may hate them because of various battles over the years but their away lot have always remained very good as far as backing the team
vocally and representing Manchester/Salford

That lot would always pack out an away end whether they were playing Barcelona or Gillingham.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 23:32]

Man U / Liverpool protests on 23:40 - May 2 with 2713 viewsBicester_North

Liverpool on the other hand, like to cry and whinge about everything. Their away support is flakey, touristy, and seem to think the whole world is against them. They are utterly obsessed with their self perceived role as the victims of football, and their away fans are full of people that moan, whimper, and grass up other fans, while they commit cowardly acts like throwing bricks at buses.

They are the pompey of the north.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 23:41]

Man U / Liverpool protests on 23:41 - May 2 with 2713 viewsRon11

Carragher was spitting feathers
Man U / Liverpool protests on 07:22 - May 3 with 2620 viewsdixiefrog

Supposed Man U fans displaying the same degree of arrogance as it’s owners ‘we’re Man U we’ll do whatever we like’. Hope the footballing world realises that this freak show in no way represents my club and the wider English Football League.

Poll: Which is the greatest crisp of all time?

Man U / Liverpool protests on 08:15 - May 3 with 2591 viewsdwayne_dibley

who gives a toss, it was funny

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Man U / Liverpool protests on 11:48 - May 3 with 2482 viewsclunk76

Can you imagine how much 5h1t we'd get into if this happened to Saints, with the FA throwing the book at us for failing to control fans / bringing the game into disrepute. Guarantee Utd will get away scot free...
Man U / Liverpool protests on 12:47 - May 3 with 2450 viewskingslandstand1

Man U / Liverpool protests on 11:48 - May 3 by clunk76

Can you imagine how much 5h1t we'd get into if this happened to Saints, with the FA throwing the book at us for failing to control fans / bringing the game into disrepute. Guarantee Utd will get away scot free...

They'll get a fine and slap on the wrist. Should be deducted 10 points and Sky should sue them for lost revenue. Can't say the problems were away from the ground, they got in FFS!
Man U / Liverpool protests on 13:26 - May 3 with 2431 viewsSaintsforeverj

What is the likelyhood of Liverpool fans getting our game with them posponed this weekend? They won't like Man U grabbing all the headlines.

Man U / Liverpool protests on 13:56 - May 3 with 2395 viewskingslandstand1

Man U / Liverpool protests on 13:26 - May 3 by Saintsforeverj

What is the likelyhood of Liverpool fans getting our game with them posponed this weekend? They won't like Man U grabbing all the headlines.

And give us the 3 points by default! I'll take that
Man U / Liverpool protests on 13:57 - May 3 with 2391 viewsSaintsforeverj

Man U / Liverpool protests on 13:56 - May 3 by kingslandstand1

And give us the 3 points by default! I'll take that

Absolutely 😏😁

Man U / Liverpool protests on 14:55 - May 3 with 2358 viewsSadoldgit

Man U / Liverpool protests on 11:48 - May 3 by clunk76

Not sure how they can let United get away with it. Whether the sanctions will be seen as tough enough is another matter, but I would think that a massive fine and the loss of the three points should be a bare minimum.
Man U / Liverpool protests on 16:51 - May 3 with 2310 viewsBlue

Bunch of slapped @rses.

united's fans are only protesting because they aren't guaranteed to win something every season any more, they can't handle it, spoilt brats, they are only £50m-ish behind us in recent spending. Was ok when it was only them could afford to do it though.

It gives me great pleasure knowing it's (mainly) City that are stopping them. What was it slur alex said? "Not in my lifetime.....".

Still stood in the Kippax

Man U / Liverpool protests on 19:31 - May 3 with 2205 viewsbarry_sanchez

Man U / Liverpool protests on 23:31 - May 2 by Bicester_North

To be fair to Man U they have always had a good hardcore support that epitomise the working class element of football. We may hate them because of various battles over the years but their away lot have always remained very good as far as backing the team
vocally and representing Manchester/Salford

That lot would always pack out an away end whether they were playing Barcelona or Gillingham.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 23:32]

Both Liverpool and United have a good away support, I don't think you know how difficult it actually is to get an away ticket for them.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Man U / Liverpool protests on 20:09 - May 3 with 2172 views1576

Going to be plenty of banning orders handed out there. OB will have a field day
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024