Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supoorters Must Never Give Up On The Game They Love 09:05 - May 4 with 369 viewsSaintsNews

Supoorters Must Never Give Up On The Game They Love 4th May 2021 09:01
The recent European Super League is make no mistake about it still simmering and could rise up again, but if the Premier League didn't learn last year when it first reared it's ugly head then it has now. 11

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Supoorters Must Never Give Up On The Game They Love on 09:53 - May 4 with 339 viewsDorsetIan

I am hoping that with the 6 potentially deserters now back with their tails between their legs, and with a bit of momentum now behind the supporter protests, now might be a time for a change for the better.

It doesn't seem to me like there is a simple answer but something more needs to be done to stop the money accumulating quite so obviously at the top. And ultimately I think that that needs to be a combination of government regulation (to ensure that football clubs cannot be operated purely for financial gain), stricter rules about owners (probably with some form of restriction on the % holdings of non-UK owners) and in the way the proceeds are distributed down the pyramid.

People say that football is first and foremost about the fans. The fans are hugely important but I don't think this is true. First and foremost, football should be a about a sporting competition between different teams. That's what all sport is about and just because it is a highly lucrative professional league, shouldn't matter.

If the regulators and rule-makers concentrate on making the sporting competition the best they can, then the fans and the money will always follow.

(P.S. I'm not holding my breath).

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Supoorters Must Never Give Up On The Game They Love on 10:18 - May 4 with 321 viewssaints__fan__73

Give up Nick. The PL has gone. It's long since stopped being an English sport for fans of the teams in it, it's now an international TV programme producer who makes billions from it's oversees TV rights.

Please don't try and say that those Man U fans were trying to take the game back for the fans. They weren't. They are just spoilt brats whose club lorded it up over everyone else for decades and now have to adjust to the fact that they are no longer winning trophies and their neigbours are now the best side in English football.

If an owner took over from the Glazers tomorrow and promised to give OGS a billion pounds to spend in the Summer those same fans with the yellow and green scarves who were smashing up Sky cameras at the weekend would be back outside OT chanting the new owner's name and bowing before him.

Ironically Nick, the only way to get the football back you want is for an ESL to come into being and then what is left of the PL will once again be for the fans not for TV,
[Post edited 4 May 2021 10:19]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024