Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Wright and domestic violence 09:07 - May 7 with 520 viewsSadoldgit

There was a very moving programme in the BBC last night about Wright’s experience in growing up with domestic violence. It explained a great deal about his own volatile behaviour as a player and was quite an emotional watch. Not only was he abused by his step father, but his mother also abused him. Fortunately his brother did what he could to help and Wright also had a school teacher who became a father figure to him so he wasn’t without support, but growing up in one room in that atmosphere must have been the stuff of nightmares. He was even made to stand and face the wall when his favourite programme, MotD, was on.
My brother met him in an airport waiting room a few years back. My brother is a Fulham supporter and he said that Wright could not have been more down to Earth and friendly and they catcher about football for ages.
When he was on I’m A Celebrity there seemed to be a more edgy, introverted and depressive side to his nature and that was fully revealed last night. A lot of abused children grow up to be abusers themselves but he clearly has a family that it completely different to the one he grew up with and it is with all credit to him that he didn’t end up going off the rails as many of his peers did.
It is a very moving programme and I urge you to watch on catch up if you didn’t see it last night.
Ian Wright and domestic violence on 12:56 - May 7 with 460 viewsA1079

Totally agree SOG. You just don't know do you what people can be going through. We all make a judgement on someone (myself included) on what we see or perceive and label people all too readily but we don't know sometimes what is in the background. It is a credit to Ian Wright that he is the person he is and has always come across as grounded, honest and straight-forward.
Ian Wright and domestic violence on 17:40 - May 7 with 400 viewskernow

Despite being extremely annoying as an Arse, always scoring against us and with attitude, he has grown on me and comes across well nowadays.

They say your background moulds your character but he's done well from a troubled and negative upbringing .

Wrighty's all right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024