Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SAINTS SAFE!!!! 21:53 - May 10 with 1592 viewsCenturion

Yes....thanks Burnley.
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 21:54 - May 10 with 1570 viewsSadoldgit

Never in any doubt! 😉
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 21:55 - May 10 with 1561 viewsSlacker

Relief!

Now let's finish the season with some good results! Starting tomorrow.
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 21:56 - May 10 with 1539 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yep, we can only have hope for a better season next year with hopefully a new owner and investment.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 21:56 - May 10 with 1539 viewsCenturion

I never took it for granted.

Will enjoy the game against Palace now. Saints probably will win easily now.
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 21:56 - May 10 with 1537 viewssaint22

Phew!!!
Hooray
Maybe our lot can relax now and put On a bit of a show tomorrow night
Back in the stadium next season for PL football!!
COYS
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 22:01 - May 10 with 1494 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 07:04 - May 11 with 1203 viewsCity_boy

Whilst I was sure we would be ok, it is nice to get to this point and start putting this wretched season behind us.

We should never have been in this position. Granted we had injury problems earlier in the year, but once these eased, the rot and losing mentality had set in. It also highlighted the lack of depth in the squad and suitable replacements from the reserves coming through.

Ralf (who I am a supporter) was also culpable with his substitution policy and playing people out of position.

We still have many in the 1st team squad that are not premiership standard and have shown they are not going to make it to the next level or are past their sell by date . Now is the time to move them on.
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 07:14 - May 11 with 1186 viewsCity_boy

Question ? Now that we are safe.

For the last 4 games, do we;

a) play some of the bench warmers accepting we may lose them and finish 4th bottom,

or

b) stick with the 13/14 regulars that have been playing to get as high a possible in the league ?
Login to get fewer ads

SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 07:27 - May 11 with 1157 viewsTripleNiemi

SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 07:14 - May 11 by City_boy

a) play some of the bench warmers accepting we may lose them and finish 4th bottom,

or

b) stick with the 13/14 regulars that have been playing to get as high a possible in the league ?

Rest the first teamers as they need to prepare themselves for next seasons slog.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 07:27 - May 11 with 1156 viewskingslandstand1

or

B

Or do we want the history books to show yet another season where we JUST about stayed up again
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 08:44 - May 11 with 1062 viewsSalisburySaint

or

a) blood a few in remaining games but not all at same time, so I'd like the likes of Ferry, Watts and Jankewitz given a run out
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 10:06 - May 11 with 987 viewsSadoldgit

The most important thing now is next season. We need to ship out as much dead wood as possible over the summer and now is the perfect time to give some of the youngsters a try out and not just 5 minutes at the end of a game. I agree that they shouldn’t all be played at once though.
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 10:10 - May 11 with 985 viewsDorsetIan

or

Personally, I think that Ralph should be under pressure to show some real improvement in these final four games.

We've currently lost half of the games that we've played and 17 defeats already equals our record number since our return to the PL. We lost 18 the season we were relegated. And 13 of the current 17 were since 1st Jan.

For me, he needs to stop the rot before he starts p!ssing about thinking about next season.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 10:20 - May 11 with 971 viewsSadoldgit

But it really doesn’t matter if we win all of the remaining games if we continue to be poor next season. If the current crop of hopefuls aren’t up to it I’d rather that Ralph found out sooner than later. We keep hearing that Jankewitz has potential, well let’s find out. The rebuilding and reevaluation needs to start now.
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 10:36 - May 11 with 951 viewskingslandstand1

SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 10:10 - May 11 by DorsetIan

Personally, I think that Ralph should be under pressure to show some real improvement in these final four games.

We've currently lost half of the games that we've played and 17 defeats already equals our record number since our return to the PL. We lost 18 the season we were relegated. And 13 of the current 17 were since 1st Jan.

For me, he needs to stop the rot before he starts p!ssing about thinking about next season.

Have to agree with that
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 11:09 - May 11 with 922 viewsSadoldgit

With a fully fit first team we are a match for anyone. The rot started when we started to pick up injuries and suspensions. We need to find a way of getting results without key players (unless Semmens discovers a magic money tree). The only difference between us and Liverpool is that converted two of their chances. Had our chances fallen to Ings we probably would have come away from Anfield with a result. We put in a decent performance against Leicester. If we are to do some experimental tweaking I’d rather we did it now when the only thing at stake is prize money.
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 11:32 - May 11 with 900 viewsDorsetIan

SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 11:09 - May 11 by Sadoldgit

With a fully fit first team we are a match for anyone. The rot started when we started to pick up injuries and suspensions. We need to find a way of getting results without key players (unless Semmens discovers a magic money tree). The only difference between us and Liverpool is that converted two of their chances. Had our chances fallen to Ings we probably would have come away from Anfield with a result. We put in a decent performance against Leicester. If we are to do some experimental tweaking I’d rather we did it now when the only thing at stake is prize money.

It might have started with injuries and suspensions but it has continued for far too long and with too many abject performances for it to be dismissed as a temporary problem.

For me it reflects an underlying and fundamental malaise with the squad and the manager. Or at least he needs to demonstrate to me with 4 good performances and some wins that it isn't.

If, for example, we lose 3 of the final 4, which is roughly what we've being doing so far in 2021, do we really want to stick with Ralph into next season?

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and I want him to turn things around. But I don't want him to have the excuse of having experimented in the final games.

Play your best team, and let's see whether you and they can improve.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 11:41 - May 11 with 882 viewsbarry_sanchez

We're like an aged dog who's owner won't believe old rover is dying, the owner thinks rover can do an assault course but it reality rover follows through ever time he goes, Gao = no money, no money = relegation, our current squad is woeful, the 25 are dreadful.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 11:47 - May 11 with 867 viewsSadoldgit

SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 11:41 - May 11 by barry_sanchez

We're like an aged dog who's owner won't believe old rover is dying, the owner thinks rover can do an assault course but it reality rover follows through ever time he goes, Gao = no money, no money = relegation, our current squad is woeful, the 25 are dreadful.

And you are still spouting the same old mantra. I really think you need to find another club to support Barry. Try your local team, Liverpool. You are a good match for many of their supporters.
SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 12:01 - May 11 with 855 viewsbarry_sanchez

SAINTS SAFE!!!! on 11:47 - May 11 by Sadoldgit

And you are still spouting the same old mantra. I really think you need to find another club to support Barry. Try your local team, Liverpool. You are a good match for many of their supporters.

That mantra is true though you wet fanny, we are shite.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024