Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! 15:02 - May 17 with 7143 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/may/kwadwobaahtojoinwatford/

The last line confirming release list due in next 48 hours.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 15:12 - May 17 with 5668 viewsDaley_Lama

That released list in full.

Released.

Somebody
Him
You know who
That fellow
Mr Undisclosed

We would like to thank all of the above for their time and effort while at Undisclosed AFC and wish them all the best for the future.

Offered new somethings

Someone
A Person

Etc etc etc

Poll: DF in or out

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 15:14 - May 17 with 5647 viewsCleedale

Good luck Baah - some of your tricks and, (in my opinion), 3 wordly goals will no doubt live forever in the memories of most Dale fans.

You deserve the chance to take what hopefully will be a better option - especially 5 years!!; thought we only handed those out?!
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 15:40 - May 17 with 5487 viewsSaxonDale

Difficult to comment without knowing the exact fee but a player joining a Premier League club on a 5 year deal for 6 figures is a robbery with the way transfer fees have gone over the last few years.
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 15:52 - May 17 with 5445 viewsBrierls

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 15:40 - May 17 by SaxonDale

Difficult to comment without knowing the exact fee but a player joining a Premier League club on a 5 year deal for 6 figures is a robbery with the way transfer fees have gone over the last few years.

It's not difficult to comment...

He was out of contract.
He wasn't signing a new (improved) contract.
We'd be due compensation if he moved to an English club.
We'd be due fcuk all if he moved to a club outside England.
Watford have paid a fee to sign him now and avoid a free for all in the summer. The fee is more than we'd have got in compensation.
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:01 - May 17 with 5379 viewselectricblue

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 15:52 - May 17 by Brierls

He was out of contract.
Watford have paid a fee to sign him now and avoid a free for all in the summer. The fee is more than we'd have got in compensation.

I think its a good deal considering the peanuts Dale would have recieved after 1st july.....
6 figures is better than nout......

Now use that money for improved contract offers.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:10 - May 17 with 5327 viewsSaxonDale

He was out of contract.

'The fee is more than we'd have got in compensation'- Whilst that initial statement might be true there is no talk of any sell-ons in the deal, something which is pretty usual (20%) in any fee that goes to a tribunal.

Whilst I agree with your reasoning for the majority I think that sums up what a joke the compensation system is at the moment more than anything else. If Baah plays even 10 Premier League games for Watford over 5 years there then a fee >1 million is a snip.

Edit- Don't believe this 'jumped the queue' idea either. If Baah knew a preferred foreign club were in for him he'd have waited and signed for them 1 month later. He'll have gone to Watford as they'll have been his preferred option.

Double Edit- Foreign clubs could also have signed him on a pre-existing contract since January so there's no jumping the queue their either.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 16:22]
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:15 - May 17 with 5285 viewsSuddenLad

He was out of contract.

Much better deal than we might have got in other circumstances. Fair play to the club for getting it sorted.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:23 - May 17 with 5249 views442Dale

Fees and transfer deals to one side, he’s been awful since January and it’s noticeable there’s not much in the way of “what do we do to replace him?” talk which always happens when we lose a player to a big club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:32 - May 17 with 5165 viewsDaleiLama

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:23 - May 17 by 442Dale

Fees and transfer deals to one side, he’s been awful since January and it’s noticeable there’s not much in the way of “what do we do to replace him?” talk which always happens when we lose a player to a big club.

The timing of which, tbf, coincided with the failed medical @ City, which probably came as a shock to all parties. It must have affected a young kid massively psychologically and the resulting collapse of the deal and his confidence is entirely forgivable in my book. I felt he started to show some signs of his mojo returning towards the end but not enough to help us sadly.

I feel this is a big win-win under the circumstances.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:36 - May 17 with 5144 viewsalbert_park

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:23 - May 17 by 442Dale

When City allegedly came in for him, I thought that a big fee was on its way but since then he has been garbage. I hope he improves by training with better players. All the best Kwadwo.
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:55 - May 17 with 5051 viewsAtThePeake

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:10 - May 17 by SaxonDale

'The fee is more than we'd have got in compensation'- Whilst that initial statement might be true there is no talk of any sell-ons in the deal, something which is pretty usual (20%) in any fee that goes to a tribunal.

Whilst I agree with your reasoning for the majority I think that sums up what a joke the compensation system is at the moment more than anything else. If Baah plays even 10 Premier League games for Watford over 5 years there then a fee >1 million is a snip.

Edit- Don't believe this 'jumped the queue' idea either. If Baah knew a preferred foreign club were in for him he'd have waited and signed for them 1 month later. He'll have gone to Watford as they'll have been his preferred option.

Double Edit- Foreign clubs could also have signed him on a pre-existing contract since January so there's no jumping the queue their either.

Agree re: jumping the queue. Baah and his agent knew other clubs would be interested in a month's time, there was zero obligation to sign for Watford unless they thought it was the right fit. If it's a certainty that the compensation fee would be less than this transfer fee then the only explanation is that they've paid extra just to avoid the hassle of going to a tribunal.

Tangled up in blue.

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 17:00 - May 17 with 5019 viewsD_Dale

According to the Watford Observer:

He will officially become a Watford player at the beginning of July after his deal with Rochdale expires.

It is understood that Dale will receive a small compensation package of around £100,000 while sell-on percentages have also been agreed.
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 17:21 - May 17 with 4929 views1907

Listening to Steven Davies’ Undr The Cosh interview last week, rather interestingly & appropriately he referenced leaving Tranmere to sign for Derby when his contract expired. He also stated that he believed the fee Tranmere eventually received was £1.2million! Maybe it’s not always better to avoid a tribunal.
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 17:46 - May 17 with 4799 viewsEllDale

I like the lad and wish him well. An exciting prospect.
Like others have remarked however his form fell off a cliff after the end of January.
Was he bit of a one-trick pony in December and January when he made his name though?
I'm sure he's got other tricks in his locker but it seemed to me that he basically liked to cut inside from the left and shoot with his right foot, with quite spectacular results on occasions.
There was never any inclination to go to the byline though and he looked out of place when played in other areas of the pitch such as down the right or playing as a second striker. And teams learned to double mark him on the left which wasn't surprising given the exposure that his goals were given.
At the moment though I'd rather he went to provide some cash flow rather than Rathbone or Humphrys!
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 18:21 - May 17 with 4642 viewsThacks_Rabbits

They like him enough to give him a 5 year deal so I guess paying a few extra grand to make sure they get him makes sense, rather than potentially losing out. City obviously quickly lost interest or they would have been back in for him, particularly if he was only 150k or so.

He probably has more chance of making us a decent sell on down at Watford with all of there decent facilities so I can’t say I am too bothered to be losing him, his overall impact on games was in general not great.

What I really want to know is why the big secret over retained and released, the players have been told so stop fecking about and just tell us. Got to say this stinks of Bottomley playing games again, perhaps not happy we moan at him on here.

There is no reason why it could not be released now, again shite communication from the club that want to improve fan relations - yeah right.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 18:24 - May 17 with 4633 viewsShun

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:10 - May 17 by SaxonDale

I did wonder about sell-on clauses. I appreciate the Watford Observer have reported sell-ons are included but it’s usually something our club is quick to publish, and there’s no mention of it in our report.

Still, I’m pleasantly surprised we managed to get a 6-figure fee given a tribunal would probably not have given us that much. We desperately need those sell-ons though.
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 18:38 - May 17 with 4550 viewsblackdogblue

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 18:21 - May 17 by Thacks_Rabbits

They like him enough to give him a 5 year deal so I guess paying a few extra grand to make sure they get him makes sense, rather than potentially losing out. City obviously quickly lost interest or they would have been back in for him, particularly if he was only 150k or so.

He probably has more chance of making us a decent sell on down at Watford with all of there decent facilities so I can’t say I am too bothered to be losing him, his overall impact on games was in general not great.

What I really want to know is why the big secret over retained and released, the players have been told so stop fecking about and just tell us. Got to say this stinks of Bottomley playing games again, perhaps not happy we moan at him on here.

There is no reason why it could not be released now, again shite communication from the club that want to improve fan relations - yeah right.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 19:18 - May 17 with 4401 viewsboromat

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:55 - May 17 by AtThePeake

Agree re: jumping the queue. Baah and his agent knew other clubs would be interested in a month's time, there was zero obligation to sign for Watford unless they thought it was the right fit. If it's a certainty that the compensation fee would be less than this transfer fee then the only explanation is that they've paid extra just to avoid the hassle of going to a tribunal.

I'm also not sure how the tribunal fees work. Potentially they have to be paid in full straight away. Where as transfer fees are normally paid in instalments based on the contract length. This could also be a reason for Watford wanting to do a deal rather than go to tribunal. Especially when you see they've given him a 5 year contract. If the £100k is true that's only £20k a year we'll receive.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 20:40 - May 17 with 4182 views49thseason

Cant see Watford being bothered about forking out the whole 100K Its chump change for them and if they didn't want to be bothered with Tribunals I cant see them wanting to pay us £20k a year for 5 years. Anyway if Bottomley is half the business man he thinks he is he will no doubt have negotiated hard for the full amount up front! At least that's what he will tell us!
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 00:01 - May 21 with 3220 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:15 - May 17 by SuddenLad

Much better deal than we might have got in other circumstances. Fair play to the club for getting it sorted.

......and it will cover the CEO's salary for another year, hopefully

What's not to like then..
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 09:51 - May 21 with 3005 viewsChaffRAFC

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 16:15 - May 17 by SuddenLad

How do we know the deal would be better than a tribunal deal? Why would Watford pay for him now when they can get him cheaper from a tribunal? They don't owe any favours.

Stinks of someone wanting to make it look like we got a decent deal to avoid potential criticism of the value of the deal.

If you take Luke Matheson's deal, the fact Baah has played 44 games for us, Luke only played 31 games, Baah is an exciting wide attacker and yet we've probably ended up with what? 12-14% of what we got for Matheson?

Trying to save face for being unable to get Baah on a longer deal?

I don't trust a single statement that comes out of the club anymore.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 09:56 - May 21 with 2989 viewsboromat

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 09:51 - May 21 by ChaffRAFC

How do we know the deal would be better than a tribunal deal? Why would Watford pay for him now when they can get him cheaper from a tribunal? They don't owe any favours.

Stinks of someone wanting to make it look like we got a decent deal to avoid potential criticism of the value of the deal.

If you take Luke Matheson's deal, the fact Baah has played 44 games for us, Luke only played 31 games, Baah is an exciting wide attacker and yet we've probably ended up with what? 12-14% of what we got for Matheson?

Yes hard to know isn't it.

Like I said earlier the only thing I can think is Watford are paying a little bit more but get to pay it over 5 years of the contract rather than all at once via tribunal but just a guess and you could then argue that's a deal in Watford's favour as surely we need money now and not over 5 years.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 10:09 - May 21 with 2972 viewsSuddenLad

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 09:51 - May 21 by ChaffRAFC

Because we would have got bugger all if his contract ran down to the expiry date. And I agree 100% with other comments you make.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 10:24]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 10:24 - May 21 with 2949 viewsChaffRAFC

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 10:09 - May 21 by SuddenLad

Because we would have got bugger all if his contract ran down to the expiry date. And I agree 100% with other comments you make.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 10:24]

No, it would have gone to a tribunal because we offered him a deal.

We don't know what we would have got from a tribunal.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 10:28 - May 21 with 2930 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 10:24 - May 21 by ChaffRAFC

No, it would have gone to a tribunal because we offered him a deal.

We don't know what we would have got from a tribunal.

Correct....suspect the Club did not want to be exposed to a lengthy tribunal and took the easy option of ££££££££££££££.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024