Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am convinced Premiership Coaches 20:56 - May 18 with 1285 viewsgrumpy

have sussed us out.
Soak up the pressure from the pretty stuff we play in the first half and try and not concede then in the second come on strong and watch us fall back as we run out of steam and ideas.
I've seen a few teams do that this season.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 20:57]
I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 21:03 - May 18 with 1255 viewsSaintsforeverj

Not aggressive enough up front. Weak headers straight at gk, shots over the bar or side netting, whereas they just whacked it in the net. We like to pass it 1 million times before trying to find the net.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 21:19 - May 18 with 1238 viewsRon11

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 21:03 - May 18 by Saintsforeverj

Not aggressive enough up front. Weak headers straight at gk, shots over the bar or side netting, whereas they just whacked it in the net. We like to pass it 1 million times before trying to find the net.

Is the passing it a million times not what they are being told to do?
I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 21:27 - May 18 with 1225 viewsBicester_North

There is definitely a pattern of running out of steam. Our lot looked f*cked after 70 minutes.

If we don’t go at least 1 up in the first half it’s always a concern.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 21:28 - May 18 with 1219 viewsSaintsforeverj

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 21:19 - May 18 by Ron11

Is the passing it a million times not what they are being told to do?

Not sure Ron. Any time we do shoot we miss. So maybe they pass instead as they don't believe we will score. I can't see why the manager would say pass it and pass it until you create the perfect goal but who knows.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 22:54 - May 18 with 1143 viewsA1079

I have been saying it for a long while.

We run around largely like headless chickens in the first half with loads of possession and a few chances, which we normally fail to take and then the 2nd half we run out of steam and the opposition beat us.

We don't seem to have learnt all season.

Add into the mix that we have an appalling conversion rate. We slate our defenders but our front men are completely supine. Without Ings we offer nothing.

We don't have a sticking plaster for the close season we have major surgery or next season is going to be even more painful than this.
I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 23:13 - May 18 with 1133 viewsRon11

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 22:54 - May 18 by A1079

I have been saying it for a long while.

We run around largely like headless chickens in the first half with loads of possession and a few chances, which we normally fail to take and then the 2nd half we run out of steam and the opposition beat us.

We don't seem to have learnt all season.

Add into the mix that we have an appalling conversion rate. We slate our defenders but our front men are completely supine. Without Ings we offer nothing.

We don't have a sticking plaster for the close season we have major surgery or next season is going to be even more painful than this.

I didn't hear what Hassenhutl had to say about it after the game.
No doubt it was very interesting and plausible.
I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 23:40 - May 18 with 1120 viewsDorsetIan

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 23:13 - May 18 by Ron11

I didn't hear what Hassenhutl had to say about it after the game.
No doubt it was very interesting and plausible.

Heard him on the radio when driving home but to be honest I wasn’t listening. He was crap tonight and once again directly responsible for defeat imo with his unfathomable substitution decisions and allowing us to play with 10 men for 90 by not taking Djenepo off. Nobody was passing to him. The players know there’s little point him being on the pitch even if Ralph is blind to it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 08:50 - May 19 with 905 viewsSadoldgit

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 23:40 - May 18 by DorsetIan

Heard him on the radio when driving home but to be honest I wasn’t listening. He was crap tonight and once again directly responsible for defeat imo with his unfathomable substitution decisions and allowing us to play with 10 men for 90 by not taking Djenepo off. Nobody was passing to him. The players know there’s little point him being on the pitch even if Ralph is blind to it.

I don’t understand the negativity. I thought we played well last night. Leeds are a good side and we played them off the park in the first half and more than matched them in the second. The difference was that we gifted them a soft goal and then left the defence exposed chasing an equaliser. Yes, the finishing was poor last night but Leeds defended well and we have just scored 6 in 2 games so it isn’t as if we can’t score. I also thought that Vestergaard was superb last night. We are not going down. Lighten up guys. With the right recruitment over the summer we can have a decent season.
Login to get fewer ads

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 09:41 - May 19 with 874 viewsgrumpy

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 08:50 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

I don’t understand the negativity. I thought we played well last night. Leeds are a good side and we played them off the park in the first half and more than matched them in the second. The difference was that we gifted them a soft goal and then left the defence exposed chasing an equaliser. Yes, the finishing was poor last night but Leeds defended well and we have just scored 6 in 2 games so it isn’t as if we can’t score. I also thought that Vestergaard was superb last night. We are not going down. Lighten up guys. With the right recruitment over the summer we can have a decent season.

'I don’t understand the negativity'
Seriously! we have let in 65 goals that is only 5 more than West Brom. who have let in more than any other in the Premiership this season.
We did not play Leeds off the park, we lost.
This season has been painful, losing another game 9-0
Running around like headless chickens in the first half and running out of steam and ideas in the second.

Reasons to be cheerful.......NONE
I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 10:16 - May 19 with 833 viewsSadoldgit

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 09:41 - May 19 by grumpy

'I don’t understand the negativity'
Seriously! we have let in 65 goals that is only 5 more than West Brom. who have let in more than any other in the Premiership this season.
We did not play Leeds off the park, we lost.
This season has been painful, losing another game 9-0
Running around like headless chickens in the first half and running out of steam and ideas in the second.

Reasons to be cheerful.......NONE

I was talking about last night’s game. We are a mid table team and we have finished mid table. There have been ups and downs this season but that what you get when you are average.
I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 10:27 - May 19 with 823 viewsDorsetIan

I am convinced Premiership Coaches on 10:16 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

I was talking about last night’s game. We are a mid table team and we have finished mid table. There have been ups and downs this season but that what you get when you are average.

The concern is that with this manager/team 'averaging' doesn't seem to be appropriate.

This season and in this particular game we have been both very good and very poor.

I think that this volatility is in part down to the manager, and that makes me think that maybe someone else could get consistently better performances out of this group.

There were enough signs yesterday to think that we could have won, had Ralph played his cards a better.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024