Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit 21:09 - May 27 with 2103 viewsSaintNick

Opinions please

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 21:18 - May 27 with 1713 viewskingolaf

It’s ok.
Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 21:44 - May 27 with 1692 viewsSaintNick

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 21:18 - May 27 by kingolaf

It’s ok.

Care to elaborate, perhaps compare to some old kids or rate it against your favourite shirts

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 21:47 - May 27 with 1686 viewskingolaf

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 21:44 - May 27 by SaintNick

Care to elaborate, perhaps compare to some old kids or rate it against your favourite shirts

Better than some of the rubbish served up by Under Armour.

Got to be honest though, it’s not a patch on the Patrick Rank Xerox kit.
Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 21:59 - May 27 with 1671 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's ok from the front but doesn't look much different from previous striped shirts. Would prefer stripes on the back too, as from the back it looks like a Liverpool or Arsenal shirt. And what is all this rediculous stuff about being able to scan some parts of the shirt on your phone? Is the shirt microchiped or something? I won't be paying 55 pounds for it. I will wear my old shirt with stripes on, that aprt from the sponsor, looks almost identical.
[Post edited 27 May 2021 22:00]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 22:11 - May 27 with 1649 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

"meh" - it's a shirt, I wouldn't buy it regardless, but preferred to see the team in the sash kit. Always thought stripes looked crap, but hey ho.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 23:15 - May 27 with 1598 viewsSadoldgit

Not the best kit ever but we play in stripes and there isn’t much you can do with stripes. Am I correct in thinking it is a throw back to the kit 20 years ago when we moved to St Mary’s? In which case it makes sense. I’m not a fan of the sash but did like the last kit. I saw somewhere someone suggesting red and white halves which could be interesting further down the line and would be unique in the EPL.
Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 23:28 - May 27 with 1592 viewsclunk76

Its really disappointing. When Hummel was announced i reckon everyone thought that finally we'd get a bespoke kit but this is nothing more than a safe cheap template option. I guess its indicative of what to expect under the current financial drought. Also, for the nostalgic romantics, dont be fooled into thinking we returned to hummel for any other reason other than they are very, very cheap (although this wont be passed onto the customer). Having said that - they may be cheap, but the quality is very good. Far, far better than UA
Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 06:47 - May 28 with 1506 viewsTripleNiemi

I like it and am happy we have ditched Under Armour. If there is one niggle it is that the back is plain red and not striped, but that is down to PL or FA rulings no doubt.

Simple stripes and a nice design. That said i will never personally don one as being of 'older persuasion' it's simply not right for anyone other than kids to wear a replica shirt.

Looks like i am the only one thinks its reasonable.....
[Post edited 28 May 2021 6:51]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 07:35 - May 28 with 1469 viewsSalisburySaint

I think its ok

But my son who's the type its marketed at thinks its great
Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 08:25 - May 28 with 1434 viewsdwayne_dibley

shite

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 09:14 - May 28 with 1392 viewssaints__fan__73

Awful.

I understand to keep some happy we do have to have some home kits which are stripes but this one seems very generic and bland. If we 'have ' to, on occasion, have stripes I always prefer it if white is the prominent colour as with our 2011/12 promotion striped kit.

I will always prefer something like the Xerox kit to stripes but the best kit would be the sash (ironically it is the sash which is our traditional home kit.) I would be very happy if we went to a white shirt with red sash for our home kit every season.

Hopefully next year we'll see Hummel get a bit more adventurous and give us something like a re-boot of the 'Denmark' kit.
[Post edited 28 May 2021 9:16]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 09:52 - May 28 with 1352 viewsSadoldgit

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 06:47 - May 28 by TripleNiemi

I like it and am happy we have ditched Under Armour. If there is one niggle it is that the back is plain red and not striped, but that is down to PL or FA rulings no doubt.

Simple stripes and a nice design. That said i will never personally don one as being of 'older persuasion' it's simply not right for anyone other than kids to wear a replica shirt.

Looks like i am the only one thinks its reasonable.....
[Post edited 28 May 2021 6:51]

I think you are right. I think that there is an odd ruling that the numbers and names have to be printed on block colours on the back. God knows why as long as they are legible?
Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 10:42 - May 28 with 1335 viewssaint22

Would have preferred all over stripes and would happily have seen the sash shirt a la this season again
Its ok, not special, as it was Hummel I was expecting the old school half & half which would have been very nice
Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 10:58 - May 28 with 1332 viewsKennington

Looks fine to me. Really like Hummel as a brand so all good. Will look forward to buying it
in around 6 months time when it’s been reduced to £20.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 11:36 - May 28 with 1313 viewsTimSaint

It is basically a copy of the Saints Own Brand kit we wore for the last season at the Dell. I am a little disappointed with it to be honest.

When it was announced that UA were being ditched 2 years early and that Hummel were going to be our new kit suppliers, there seemed to be a lot of optimism and they gave the potential for some great new designs, as they did with us in the 80s and 90s.

Instead they took a 'safe' option and went for a revamped old kit. I can partly see why they did it, due to 20 years anniversary of the last game at the Dell, but it is neither inspiring or a new design that was to be expected.

UA went for a revamp with the Patrick/Rank Xerox/Keegan kit a few seasons back and pulled it off very well. I don't think this Hummel kit has the same attributes. Perhaps we will be blown away when they announce the Away Kit(s) !!

......and maybe the revamped Denmark 80's kit will be released this time next year ?

TimSaint

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 12:03 - May 28 with 1292 viewsChesham_Saint

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 09:14 - May 28 by saints__fan__73

Awful.

I understand to keep some happy we do have to have some home kits which are stripes but this one seems very generic and bland. If we 'have ' to, on occasion, have stripes I always prefer it if white is the prominent colour as with our 2011/12 promotion striped kit.

I will always prefer something like the Xerox kit to stripes but the best kit would be the sash (ironically it is the sash which is our traditional home kit.) I would be very happy if we went to a white shirt with red sash for our home kit every season.

Hopefully next year we'll see Hummel get a bit more adventurous and give us something like a re-boot of the 'Denmark' kit.
[Post edited 28 May 2021 9:16]

Agree with you 73 as I’m a big fan of the sash as it’s distinctive and is part of our heritage. I’m not so sure about a reboot of the old Danish strip though...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 12:03 - May 28 with 1293 viewsMonksway

Ok. It won't be remembered as anything special. Let's hope Brentford lose to Swansea.
Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 13:34 - May 28 with 1244 viewsstmichael

Seriously would'nt wear it round the house.
OK for football but not as a fashion garment or to wear anywhere else but a football match.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 15:28 - May 28 with 1209 viewssaint22

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 13:34 - May 28 by stmichael

Seriously would'nt wear it round the house.
OK for football but not as a fashion garment or to wear anywhere else but a football match.

Why would you wear a football shirt anywhere but at a football match if you are over 16?
Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 18:35 - May 28 with 1148 viewsChesham_Saint

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 15:28 - May 28 by saint22

Why would you wear a football shirt anywhere but at a football match if you are over 16?

Give David Mellor a call - he seemed to find an alternative use for his Chelsea shirt back in the day...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 21:20 - May 28 with 1094 viewskernow

Totally underwhelmed by the sight of another red and white striped kit. Not much to get the juices flowing there. Sash fan here who remembers the 125th anniversary and success on the pitch.
Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 22:12 - May 28 with 1052 viewsSadoldgit

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 18:35 - May 28 by Chesham_Saint

Give David Mellor a call - he seemed to find an alternative use for his Chelsea shirt back in the day...

Gross on so many levels! 😩
Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 23:04 - May 28 with 1020 viewsdirk_doone

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 22:11 - May 27 by Gennaro_Contaldo

"meh" - it's a shirt, I wouldn't buy it regardless, but preferred to see the team in the sash kit. Always thought stripes looked crap, but hey ho.

I agree. I like the sash best and it sets us apart from other teams.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 07:48 - May 30 with 855 viewscocklebreath

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 09:52 - May 28 by Sadoldgit

I think you are right. I think that there is an odd ruling that the numbers and names have to be printed on block colours on the back. God knows why as long as they are legible?

It seems saints are the only club that listen to the rules, check out the Newcastle shirt.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 07:56 - May 30 with 841 viewssaint22

Whats Everyone Think Of The New Kit on 07:48 - May 30 by cocklebreath

It seems saints are the only club that listen to the rules, check out the Newcastle shirt.

And let’s see what Brentford do shall we?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024