Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Champions League Final 17:51 - May 28 with 4810 viewsBlue

I know a lot of you aren't interested in it, but for those that are, who do you want to win it tomorrow, and why?

Also, anyone know anywhere decent to watch it, in town? Otherwise might have to be the Keys in Totton

Still stood in the Kippax

Champions League Final on 18:59 - May 28 with 3149 viewssolent_toffee

No brainer, I want City to win. I’ve got no issues with City, enjoy watching them play, their fans aren’t arseholes despite the success and are genuinely having a ball. I’ve been to the last handful of EFL finals and city fans were great, as opposed to United against Saints who were whoppers. Plus I love watching Foden play, my brother coached him as a kid and I buzz off how my brother and his lad have watched him develop and are dead proud of him.

That and it winds up FC Dignity and Class.

Oh and it’s against Chelsea.
Champions League Final on 19:33 - May 28 with 3113 viewsWinchesterExile

I have good news and bad news. The good news is I would go with City anytime. The bad news is that it’s probably because I can’t f*I king stand the rest of the big 6. Having said that City fans know what it’s like to be in div 3 like us which is why they’re not as nobby as the rest.

Good luck City
Champions League Final on 21:25 - May 28 with 3042 viewskernow

Champions League Final on 19:33 - May 28 by WinchesterExile

I have good news and bad news. The good news is I would go with City anytime. The bad news is that it’s probably because I can’t f*I king stand the rest of the big 6. Having said that City fans know what it’s like to be in div 3 like us which is why they’re not as nobby as the rest.

Good luck City

Manchester City because it's time they lifted this pot.
Champions League Final on 21:37 - May 28 with 3032 viewsSadoldgit

City for me too. Pep deserves it after the work he has put into building to this moment as as others say, of the big 6 City are the least odious.
Champions League Final on 21:44 - May 28 with 3025 viewskingslandstand1

Being honest I'd go slightly towards City but not too bothered as I like both managers, both teams play decent football and haven't got any real kn*bs playing for them

The reason for edging towards City is that they haven't won this pot
Champions League Final on 21:48 - May 28 with 3019 viewsDENZY

I would like City to win. They always bought big numbers down here even when they were shìt. They are much more likable than the red side of Manchester.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Champions League Final on 22:04 - May 28 with 3007 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Man City for me too. Chelsea are supported by knob heads.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Champions League Final on 22:10 - May 28 with 3001 viewsA1079

I would edge towards City though I have no problem with either club. But City fans and club, despite their success have so far not become arrogant obnoxious tw*ts like some clubs. Unlike Liverpool or United they have thus far kept a sense of dignity and feet on the ground.
But, both play good football and generally a pleasure to watch - which is probably the kiss of death and it will end up being a dull match.
Login to get fewer ads

Champions League Final on 22:12 - May 28 with 3001 viewssaintwizzler

More interest in Brentford v Swansea than The FFP final

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Champions League Final on 01:22 - May 29 with 2945 viewsTimSaint

Don't mind really, as long as it is not a boring game. If I had to pick 1, it would be City. I know a few City fans and it would mean more to them than the Chelsea fans I know, as they haven't won it before.

I'm watching it with a couple of mates who support Chelsea, so it would be fun to see them lose, as I also watched the FA Cup final with the same guys (on our Vets football tour in Germany) when Arsenal beat them 4 years back.

TimSaint

Champions League Final on 04:51 - May 29 with 2916 views1teeminants

Yep definitely another one for City.

I always find it cringeworthy when Our fans sing” where were you when you were sh**t ? “ to City fans as I’m old enough to remember them having large numbers in the lower leagues. I’ve often managed to strike up conversation with City fans in pubs at Soton whereas I’ve found Chelsea, Spurs ,United fans in your face and very arrogant. I know you shouldn’t generalise but you can only go on your own experiences.

I’ve never had a problem with City.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Champions League Final on 07:46 - May 29 with 2857 viewsdarthvader

City for me . As i agree with most above
For their fans .
Plus had a few 'near misses' with cfc fans in the historic past which always erks me so.. fook them

keep the faith coyr

Champions League Final on 08:24 - May 29 with 2832 viewsSadoldgit

When I used to work for The Guardian I often used to visits the office in Deansgateso got to know lots of Mancs well. The story is that City fans are locals whereas the United fans are mostly from outside of Manchester, many in the Home Counties as we know. I don’t know one City supporter who isn’t from Manchester whereas I know plenty of United fans who live in Kent and Surrey. Makes me a bit of a plastic myself as I was born in London but at least I chose a team to support when we were in the old second division with no glory history so can’t be accused of cherry picking!
Champions League Final on 08:52 - May 29 with 2812 viewsSalisburySaint

City for me

Even though both are moneybags teams, always admired the City fans who stuck with team when they went down to third tier, as opposed to Chelsea fans many of whom are jonny come lately’s, remember watching Saints there with 8,000 in ground in early 90’s, 1,000 of whom were Saints fans

Good luck Blue
Champions League Final on 09:32 - May 29 with 2780 viewsSonicBoom

Id prefer city as Chelsea fans are generally unpleasant and Mason Mount is from pompey!
That said if you are financed by an oil rich state, bought the best manager and a pantheon of the most expensive players, then winning the CL is almost the minimum requirement. It kind of takes the edge off as an achievement.
That said I love watching De Bruyne and I think he deserves it.
Champions League Final on 09:39 - May 29 with 2773 viewsSaintsforeverj

Champions League Final on 22:12 - May 28 by saintwizzler

Quite right. Brentford v Swansea is far more important than a corporate cup final between two massively rich clubs who are only good because they have spent millions or billions in city's case.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 9:41]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Champions League Final on 09:43 - May 29 with 2765 viewsBicester_North

Champions League Final on 21:44 - May 28 by kingslandstand1

Being honest I'd go slightly towards City but not too bothered as I like both managers, both teams play decent football and haven't got any real kn*bs playing for them

The reason for edging towards City is that they haven't won this pot

No real knobs playing for them?

You must’ve forgotten about Mount, the skate plastic w@nksta

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Champions League Final on 12:04 - May 29 with 2716 viewsMytchettSaint

Champions League Final on 22:12 - May 28 by saintwizzler

Absolutely this.

As for the rest of you - slurp slurp f*cking slurp....

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Champions League Final on 12:45 - May 29 with 2693 viewsBicester_North

Biggest match today is Solihull v Eastleigh

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Champions League Final on 13:04 - May 29 with 2689 viewsBison

Shitty for me. I briefly dabbled with them back in the day when Micky C went there. Also as a kid Joe Corrigan was the best keeper I ever saw. Also the fans dont have that sense of entitlement like the other 'Big' clubs , they won the lottery , good on them.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Champions League Final on 13:39 - May 29 with 2666 viewsTripleNiemi

No brainer, City everyday of the week. Loathe United and Liverpool and always will, right up there with my biggest hate of Spurs.

City can win all the trophies for the next ten years and it wouldn’t bother me. Most of their fans know what it’s like to have been relegated and in the lower leagues. Whilst it’s not the fault of United or Liverpool that they have a major following of plastics, they are generally self entitled twerps. Always liked Arsenal to be fair as I considered them a well run outfit. Paid the price for years of funding their stadium, but they did things correctly imho.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Champions League Final on 13:49 - May 29 with 2657 viewsSaintsforeverj

Champions League Final on 13:39 - May 29 by TripleNiemi

No brainer, City everyday of the week. Loathe United and Liverpool and always will, right up there with my biggest hate of Spurs.

City can win all the trophies for the next ten years and it wouldn’t bother me. Most of their fans know what it’s like to have been relegated and in the lower leagues. Whilst it’s not the fault of United or Liverpool that they have a major following of plastics, they are generally self entitled twerps. Always liked Arsenal to be fair as I considered them a well run outfit. Paid the price for years of funding their stadium, but they did things correctly imho.

Agree with this. City have bought their success, so nothing clever about it really but I agree, I hope City win everything if it stops Liverpool, Man U, Spurs, Chelsea. Those clubs all have plastic, annoying, self entitled, in your face, idiot fans.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 13:49]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Champions League Final on 13:57 - May 29 with 2646 viewsSadoldgit

Champions League Final on 13:04 - May 29 by Bison

Shitty for me. I briefly dabbled with them back in the day when Micky C went there. Also as a kid Joe Corrigan was the best keeper I ever saw. Also the fans dont have that sense of entitlement like the other 'Big' clubs , they won the lottery , good on them.

Probably the nearest I came to having a second team back in the 70’s. Was a big fan of Colin Bell and the way they played football. The red and black striped 2nd kit was pretty cool too.
Champions League Final on 18:17 - May 29 with 2553 viewsChesham_Saint

City for me, no question but out of all the London teams I’d probably prefer Chelsea to say, Spurs or Arsenal....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Champions League Final on 21:13 - May 29 with 2480 viewsBison

If you didnt know you its free on BT Sport chsnnel on YOUTUBE. So csn do on PC or if you have SKY go to Apps / YOUTUBE / type BT Sport search and its showing live for free

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024