Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer 09:25 - Jun 4 with 1648 viewsSaintsNews

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer 4th Jun 2021 09:20
Although it seems that Tottenham Hotspur may have gone a little cold on Jannik Vestergaard after the departure of Jose Mourinho, Leicester City are still linked, but the latest rumour is if he leaves Saints then it could be abroad. 15

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 09:48 - Jun 4 with 1626 viewsButty101

Keep him and flog Bednarek.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 10:27 - Jun 4 with 1594 viewssaint22

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 09:48 - Jun 4 by Butty101

Keep him and flog Bednarek.

Either/or
Though only if we have decent replacement lined up
Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 12:27 - Jun 4 with 1557 viewsdirk_doone

Burnley are asking £50 mill for Tarkowski. That will test Leicester's resources. They haven't spent more than £35 mill on a player before.

Will they still be interested in the cheap option, Vestergaard? I think we may struggle to find another club willing to pay £20mill for him.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 12:36 - Jun 4 with 1549 views1885_SFC

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 12:27 - Jun 4 by dirk_doone

Burnley are asking £50 mill for Tarkowski. That will test Leicester's resources. They haven't spent more than £35 mill on a player before.

Will they still be interested in the cheap option, Vestergaard? I think we may struggle to find another club willing to pay £20mill for him.

Despite expectations of incoming flak - I wouldn't be overly fussed if we sold Vestergaard or Bednarek... or both.

The clever part would be acquiring players better than both of them... which is where we struggle.

Old School is Cool

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 13:23 - Jun 4 with 1514 viewsBison

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 12:36 - Jun 4 by 1885_SFC

Despite expectations of incoming flak - I wouldn't be overly fussed if we sold Vestergaard or Bednarek... or both.

The clever part would be acquiring players better than both of them... which is where we struggle.

Bednarek has represented Poland at every level from U-16 to 30 First team appearances and holds the record in the Premiership by a long way for the most interceptions this year and he is only 25.

If he wasn't playing for us he would fit the bill for a player who tick all the boxes of the Southampton way , perhaps there is a good player in there and its our coaching of defenders that is the issue ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 13:35 - Jun 4 with 1506 viewsbenalisbroom

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 13:23 - Jun 4 by Bison

Bednarek has represented Poland at every level from U-16 to 30 First team appearances and holds the record in the Premiership by a long way for the most interceptions this year and he is only 25.

If he wasn't playing for us he would fit the bill for a player who tick all the boxes of the Southampton way , perhaps there is a good player in there and its our coaching of defenders that is the issue ?

100%. And for that, read the rest of the team. The way we play is very complicated and I think the players don’t like it, which is why their heads drop...
Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 14:00 - Jun 4 with 1488 views1885_SFC

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 13:23 - Jun 4 by Bison

To be fair, if we had better central defenders than Bednarek & Vestergaard, they'd have been poached by bigger clubs anyway.

I think Bednarek ran out of steam well before the end of the season - which is understandable given the way we play. Chopping and changing the rearguard didn't help his season either.

They will both be in the shop window during the Euros though. I keep reading reports that we "don't need to sell" this Summer... but if I had a penny for every time I've heard that over the years, I'd have £5.63 now.

Old School is Cool

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 14:29 - Jun 4 with 1472 viewsdirk_doone

Bednarek has to do a lot of extra work to cover for the slow, immobile Vestergaard the way that Fonte used to have to cover for Hooiveld. Salisu has the pace and energy to do his fair share of the work, which should make Bednarek look better next season. So, I agree with you that we should keep Bednarek.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 17:10]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 14:46 - Jun 4 with 1459 viewsSaintNick

Bednarek has the qualities, he just hasn't got the right partner, he needs a player who can read the game and cover in behind, with Vestergaard they are essentially the same type of player

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 16:17 - Jun 4 with 1405 viewsA1079

I would not sell Vestergaard unless we have a replacement in place otherwise it leaves us really short of cover again especially if Bednarek or Salisu get injured.

Prior to his injury this past season Vestergaard I thought was showing some real qualities both in defence and even in attack at set pieces but then the injury along with all the other team issues and he was not the same when he came back.

I would not sell him for the sake of selling him unless we are confident that we have the depth and quality that is better than what we have.
Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 18:17 - Jun 4 with 1342 viewsRon11

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 13:35 - Jun 4 by benalisbroom

100%. And for that, read the rest of the team. The way we play is very complicated and I think the players don’t like it, which is why their heads drop...

I totally agree, it's the way they're 'coached' to play.
I've lost count of how many times they've lost the ball to the opposition during the slow build up from the back with one smart pass too many, often resulting in utter panic in the defence and more pressure on the goalkeeper.
Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 18:46 - Jun 4 with 1323 viewskernow

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 18:17 - Jun 4 by Ron11

I've lost count of how many times they've lost the ball to the opposition during the slow build up from the back with one smart pass too many, often resulting in utter panic in the defence and more pressure on the goalkeeper.

Should we sell...,...? Whoever.
From what I read we're skint.
Do we have a choice?
Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 22:20 - Jun 4 with 1253 viewsSadoldgit

Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 18:17 - Jun 4 by Ron11

I have seen plenty of EPL players doing the same thing all season with other teams, do they all hate it? Makes you wonder why they don’t all go and play elsewhere. We aren’t the only team who play out from the back. We aren’t the only team who make mistakes when we do so.
Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 03:34 - Jun 5 with 1198 viewswemarch

Sell him and replace him with a younger gun compete with Salisu. We need fund and get rid of lazy pussy. He will be released for free next year as I don't see him put name down on a new deal. This means loss of assets, perhaps the likes of Bertrand, Ings and Ves all this kind.

Ves lacks a few quality like concentration, desire to win and aggression, etc. We may also need to look into our defensive coaching staff and rebuild a stronger coaching structures.

I saw news that saints released11 players yesterday? and agree 100% we should bring in players with desire, quality, huge potential to lay our foundations who we were. For some reason, most of our current players have lost this identity and became dead wood or bad oranges. we need some refreshing actions to make us and potential club buyers believe who we are is still who we were.
Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 07:12 - Jun 5 with 1167 viewsMattFinish

Gao will sell Vestergaard because we have Salisu and Stephens. Trouble is Stephens is Championship level at best and Salisu is an inexperienced kid who was out injured for half the season. We have no back up.

Gao will sell any player if he gets a bid and all we'll get in place is fringe players on loan from other mid table PL clubs or Championship clubs who no-one else wants
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 7:13]
Should Southampton Sell Jannik Vestergaard This Summer on 08:50 - Jun 5 with 1126 viewsprofessor_peach

If SFC are going to sell players and not replace them with similar or better quality then SFC will be in a relegation scrap. Is Hasenhüttl the man to manage the team in such circumstances? Mind you SFC probably can't afford to replace him either so it's an irrelevant point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024