Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR at the Euros 20:33 - Jun 19 with 1127 viewsSaintsforeverj

Just seen VAR award Spain a goal that was onside. No lines, no fuss, really quick decision. Doesn't seem to be any lines, just a look at the players and a judgement made quickly. A real lesson to the PL - it really doesn't have to be so difficult to implement!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 20:34]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

VAR at the Euros on 20:43 - Jun 19 with 1096 viewsSadoldgit

The officials and the use of VAR has been excellent so far, apart from the penalty decision against Lovren. You are right. We need to be to be learning lessons here.
VAR at the Euros on 21:17 - Jun 19 with 1073 viewsSadoldgit

Having just typed that another poor penalty decision for Spain!
VAR at the Euros on 21:22 - Jun 19 with 1062 viewssaint22

VAR at the Euros on 21:17 - Jun 19 by Sadoldgit

But that was the referee who decided having looked at it
And to be fair he hasn’t been very good
VAR at the Euros on 21:26 - Jun 19 with 1058 viewsSaintsforeverj

VAR at the Euros on 21:17 - Jun 19 by Sadoldgit

I thought the penalty was debatable, but at least the ref is making the decision, not a line or someone elsewhere. Good to see the ref go to the monitor. If the ref gets it wrong, after seeing it on the monitor, he can take responsibility. At least it is not VAR (the lines, the man in an office somewhere) making the decision, as seems to be in the PL. The use of VAR at the euros is much better, even if a few refs make bad individual decisions.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 21:27]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

VAR at the Euros on 09:20 - Jun 20 with 905 viewsBuenosSaint

VAR at the Euros on 21:26 - Jun 19 by Saintsforeverj

I thought the penalty was debatable, but at least the ref is making the decision, not a line or someone elsewhere. Good to see the ref go to the monitor. If the ref gets it wrong, after seeing it on the monitor, he can take responsibility. At least it is not VAR (the lines, the man in an office somewhere) making the decision, as seems to be in the PL. The use of VAR at the euros is much better, even if a few refs make bad individual decisions.

Im pretty sure the lines etc are being used but they are not showing the public till after the decision is made.

I saw the shot with the lines for the Spain goal later and he was clearly played onside.

Main thing is they are doing it quickly and efficiently. Been a breath of fresh air.

Poll: The Long Future

VAR at the Euros on 10:09 - Jun 20 with 876 viewsSadoldgit

VAR at the Euros on 21:26 - Jun 19 by Saintsforeverj

I agree that it was debatable. I didn’t give it a second thought when it happened. The ball had gone and he did catch him a bit late afterwards but that happens all the time in the outfield and often goes unpunished. There was no advantage in the “foul” but yes, there was contact. It is a contact sport though so are we at the point where you can’t physically touch an opponent in the area? It was less of a penalty than the trip on Stirling for me but I agree, at least the ref made a call based on what he saw.
VAR at the Euros on 10:11 - Jun 20 with 874 viewsBazza

VAR at the Euros on 09:20 - Jun 20 by BuenosSaint

Im pretty sure the lines etc are being used but they are not showing the public till after the decision is made.

I saw the shot with the lines for the Spain goal later and he was clearly played onside.

Main thing is they are doing it quickly and efficiently. Been a breath of fresh air.

I agree, especially with your last sentence. Premier League var officials being shown up. How often do you see an PL ref check the on pitch screen?
VAR at the Euros on 10:48 - Jun 20 with 845 viewsBerber

VAR at the Euros on 10:11 - Jun 20 by Bazza

I agree, especially with your last sentence. Premier League var officials being shown up. How often do you see an PL ref check the on pitch screen?

Weren't they English officials doing the VAR for this match?
Login to get fewer ads

VAR at the Euros on 13:45 - Jun 20 with 766 viewsdwayne_dibley

VAR at the Euros on 10:11 - Jun 20 by Bazza

because they have been instructed not to use the screen by the Refs Assoc

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

VAR at the Euros on 18:16 - Jun 20 with 691 viewsSadoldgit

If that stamp on the foot was a sending off why didn’t the guy get sent off last night for doing the same thing when he gave away the penalty? Didn’t he just get a yellow?
VAR at the Euros on 22:58 - Jun 20 with 625 viewscocklebreath

VAR at the Euros on 18:16 - Jun 20 by Sadoldgit

If that stamp on the foot was a sending off why didn’t the guy get sent off last night for doing the same thing when he gave away the penalty? Didn’t he just get a yellow?

Double jeopardy old boy

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

VAR at the Euros on 21:34 - Jun 26 with 413 viewsBicester_North

Noticed when there’s an English ref and VAR in the Italy match tonight the decisions take about 10 times longer than in other matches

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024