Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maehle 20:45 - Jun 21 with 1663 viewsMattFinish

Looks a decent player. We weren't prepared to pay £10m for him
Maehle on 21:17 - Jun 21 with 1628 viewsA1079

Apparently we were/are interested in Damsgaard as are West Ham and Spurs but this was before tonight's goal. As the commentator said, the £15m price mark has probably just increased.
Maehle on 21:33 - Jun 21 with 1607 viewsMattFinish

Maehle on 21:17 - Jun 21 by A1079

Apparently we were/are interested in Damsgaard as are West Ham and Spurs but this was before tonight's goal. As the commentator said, the £15m price mark has probably just increased.

Trouble is anyone in competition with us to sign a player know we will only go to £10m
Maehle on 21:38 - Jun 21 with 1599 viewsA1079

I know Matt. We haven't really got a chance.

Have you just seen Denmark's third goal Matt? What a great attitude they have had as a team. Don't you wish England would just have a bl**dy go at goal sometimes?
Maehle on 21:40 - Jun 21 with 1598 viewsdirk_doone

He's out of our price range now. Why didn't we buy him before?

With a top limit of £10 mill, we just can't afford to buy Premier League class players any more, which means under our current ownership, realistically, we can't afford to stay in the top flight. The same thing happened to Sheffield United, the other PL team that had a minus or zero net spend over the last 5 years.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 21:49]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Maehle on 21:43 - Jun 21 with 1588 viewssaint22

Maehle on 21:38 - Jun 21 by A1079

Have you just seen Denmark's third goal Matt? What a great attitude they have had as a team. Don't you wish England would just have a bl**dy go at goal sometimes?

I was just thinking could you imagine England performing like this and putting a team to the sword endlessly running at teams
Not really
Maehle on 21:45 - Jun 21 with 1586 viewsBicester_North

A team the nation can really get behind

Unlike the England freaks so far

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Maehle on 21:46 - Jun 21 with 1581 viewssaint22

Maehle on 21:33 - Jun 21 by MattFinish

Trouble is anyone in competition with us to sign a player know we will only go to £10m

And anyone decent in the euros will be north of that so another long season of struggling ahead
Maehle on 22:04 - Jun 21 with 1554 viewssaintwizzler

Cheer up huns

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Maehle on 22:07 - Jun 21 with 1550 viewsA1079

Maehle on 21:45 - Jun 21 by Bicester_North

A team the nation can really get behind

Unlike the England freaks so far

You never know Bicester, England may have been stung into putting in a top display tomorrow night!
Maehle on 22:13 - Jun 21 with 1543 viewsA1079

Maehle on 22:04 - Jun 21 by saintwizzler

Cheer up huns

I am perfectly happy saintwizzler.

I enjoy good football and the Denmark Vs Belgium game, Portugal Vs Germany, Italy and tonight's game have been a joy to watch and admire. In fact some of the football in these Euros has been a joy. Even VAR has not got on my nerves like it normally does. After a season of being deflated by Saints, the Premier League in general and poor officials this tournament has been a breath of fresh air.............so far!
Maehle on 22:13 - Jun 21 with 1545 viewsMattFinish

Well I'm Dutch so I'm happy for now
Maehle on 22:22 - Jun 21 with 1531 viewsA1079

Maehle on 22:13 - Jun 21 by MattFinish

Well I'm Dutch so I'm happy for now

what a prat I am Matt. Queue everyone on here to agree with that!

Of course Matt. Yes you will be pleased. The Dutch have done well so far and have looked pretty good.
Maehle on 22:51 - Jun 21 with 1505 viewsBison

Maehle on 22:07 - Jun 21 by A1079

You never know Bicester, England may have been stung into putting in a top display tomorrow night!

No chance now as after tonight's results we guarantee qualification , hopefully he will rest Stirling and Kane now and give grealish and maybe the Everton kid a chance , I doubt it though as if they play well he will get criticised for dropping them next game. With nothing to play for you can be sure Macguire will play now for exactly the opposite reasons.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Maehle on 23:18 - Jun 21 with 1478 viewsSadoldgit

Maehle on 21:17 - Jun 21 by A1079

There have been a few players that have shone in international competitions over the years and have been snapped up in the top flight only to turn out to be unsuitable for our type of football. Tomas Brolin springs to mind at Leeds and Palace. Yes you are right
Maehle was linked to us for a while a year or two ago.Took his goal well.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 23:22]
Maehle on 08:40 - Jun 22 with 1352 viewsSaintNick

Maehle on 21:33 - Jun 21 by MattFinish

Why will we only go to £10 million ? There is no official upper limit to what we will pay, ok we won't pay £40 million, but if a player was £10 million and we had to push to £12 million then potentially we would.

Last summer we paid £12 million for KWP and £11 million apiece for Salisu & Diallo, so that shows there is no set limit.

We are looking at players in the £12-15 million bracket that cannot be denied as that is our target market, two reasons for that, firstly that is the type of player we traditionally do well when we sign them, we spot potential early and secondly over the past few years we have been hampered by having to pay high salary's to the likes of Lemina & Elyounouss and wages are a problem.

I would say that perhaps the wages are more a problem than the actual transfer fees, but with Hoedt & Gunn going that has freed up a lot for the coming season, over £100k a week off the wage bill.

On one hand yes the financial crisis in football is affecting us as it is all clubs, but on the other hand we run as a business so our debts are not as high as many clubs and our wage bill is coming down fast.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Maehle on 09:04 - Jun 22 with 1342 viewsBerber

In the last two windows, we haven't been able to sell some of the high earners, either loaning out or paying up their contracts. That is cash out of the door, not cash coming in. I don't think we had the funds to buy any more players. I don't have any beef about Diallo or Salisu, so in terms of prioritisation, I guess RH knows his options, and Semmens draws the line.

We could make similar arguments about Targett. We need him now, but when we sold, he looked a bit more of a luxury. Players often shine at these tournaments only to reveal their true standards later, and to use a Danish example, Arsenal spaffed a fortune up against the wall for John Jensen (who? remember him?)
Maehle on 11:10 - Jun 22 with 1279 viewsdirk_doone

Maehle on 08:40 - Jun 22 by SaintNick

Why will we only go to £10 million ? There is no official upper limit to what we will pay, ok we won't pay £40 million, but if a player was £10 million and we had to push to £12 million then potentially we would.

Last summer we paid £12 million for KWP and £11 million apiece for Salisu & Diallo, so that shows there is no set limit.

We are looking at players in the £12-15 million bracket that cannot be denied as that is our target market, two reasons for that, firstly that is the type of player we traditionally do well when we sign them, we spot potential early and secondly over the past few years we have been hampered by having to pay high salary's to the likes of Lemina & Elyounouss and wages are a problem.

I would say that perhaps the wages are more a problem than the actual transfer fees, but with Hoedt & Gunn going that has freed up a lot for the coming season, over £100k a week off the wage bill.

On one hand yes the financial crisis in football is affecting us as it is all clubs, but on the other hand we run as a business so our debts are not as high as many clubs and our wage bill is coming down fast.

Hasenhuttl: "We'll look to sign players for £10million or less."

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19224893.hasenhuttl-look-sign-players-10millio

Maehle on 14:21 - Jun 22 with 1218 viewsdirk_doone

The Finnish goalkeeper, LukáÅ¡ Hrádecký, was very impressive. Bayer Leverkusen got him on a free transfer but they've given him a 5-year contract until 2023 so I doubt that we could get him, even with a £10 million bid.

Maehle on 15:02 - Jun 22 with 1200 viewsKennington

We’ve been in the premier league for nine years, yet we have less money than ever before. No wonder there’s so much apathy around the club, it’s an absolute joke. And if anyone blames signings made four or so years ago that are only just coming to an end they’re missing the point. We’ve been grossly mismanaged for so long off the pitch it’s pretty depressing stuff.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Maehle on 20:19 - Jun 22 with 1154 viewsMattFinish

Maehle on 08:40 - Jun 22 by SaintNick

I think Gao told Ralph there will be no signings over £10m.
Maehle on 23:06 - Jun 22 with 1118 viewsBicester_North

Maehle on 15:02 - Jun 22 by Kennington

We’ve been in the premier league for nine years, yet we have less money than ever before. No wonder there’s so much apathy around the club, it’s an absolute joke. And if anyone blames signings made four or so years ago that are only just coming to an end they’re missing the point. We’ve been grossly mismanaged for so long off the pitch it’s pretty depressing stuff.

Sadly the Premier league is a sea of dog excrement. Players and agents are as much at the top of the shit pile as the owners. Greed and wretched people swamp everything about it. Saints owner is a secondary cog in the PL turd machine.

Bellend players and agents rule the roost, and the rotting anuses in the sport media drive it all on.

Hopefully fan apathy transmits to TV companies losing revenue but numbskull social media newbie knobends who love Sky Sports and FIFA on the PlayStation keep it all going.

All our PL TV money gone on giving average players and agents a life of freakishly ridiculous luxury

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Maehle on 07:43 - Jun 23 with 1070 viewsTripleNiemi

Maehle on 15:02 - Jun 22 by Kennington

Remember the days when we were looking to move from the Dell that it was sold to us and the councils that we had to increase our capacity in order to compete? Fcuk me, perhaps now we need a stadium the size of the Nou camp.....

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Maehle on 08:18 - Jun 23 with 1055 viewsMattFinish

Maehle on 11:10 - Jun 22 by dirk_doone

Hasenhuttl: "We'll look to sign players for £10million or less."

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19224893.hasenhuttl-look-sign-players-10millio

It's not the transfer strategy of a PL club, apart from perhaps Norwich and look what happened to them and will probably happen again this season.
Maehle on 10:52 - Jun 23 with 1027 viewsSadoldgit

Maehle on 23:06 - Jun 22 by Bicester_North

Sadly the Premier league is a sea of dog excrement. Players and agents are as much at the top of the shit pile as the owners. Greed and wretched people swamp everything about it. Saints owner is a secondary cog in the PL turd machine.

Bellend players and agents rule the roost, and the rotting anuses in the sport media drive it all on.

Hopefully fan apathy transmits to TV companies losing revenue but numbskull social media newbie knobends who love Sky Sports and FIFA on the PlayStation keep it all going.

All our PL TV money gone on giving average players and agents a life of freakishly ridiculous luxury

Don’t beat around the bush Bicester, tell us what you really think! 😂
I agree though, the money has ruined the game. I don’t mind quality players making a decent living but it has gone way beyond that. And why do footballers have to be set up for life when the rest of us have to work until past 65? What’s stopping them getting another job once their football career ends?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024