Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England match tonight 11:26 - Jun 22 with 1686 viewsBicester_North

Weird scenario with them now having already qualified, can’t see it inspiring them to attack and win the match as they are probably scared of getting France, Germany or Portugal
In round 2

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

England match tonight on 11:33 - Jun 22 with 1200 viewsBison

How come Chilwell and Mount have to isolate until next Monday after coming into 'contact' with Billy Gilmour but no-one from the Scotch team have too ? Surely you would think that he had had more contact with his own team mates then our 2 did for a brief while after the game Friday ?

I expect its got something to do with politics , you may laugh but if PHE slapped isolation orders on the Scotch team you could guarantee a vote for Scotch independence !!!

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

England match tonight on 12:02 - Jun 22 with 1165 viewsBerber

England match tonight on 11:33 - Jun 22 by Bison

How come Chilwell and Mount have to isolate until next Monday after coming into 'contact' with Billy Gilmour but no-one from the Scotch team have too ? Surely you would think that he had had more contact with his own team mates then our 2 did for a brief while after the game Friday ?

I expect its got something to do with politics , you may laugh but if PHE slapped isolation orders on the Scotch team you could guarantee a vote for Scotch independence !!!

Under the existing protocols, players in the squad bubble don't have to self isolate if another member gets a positive test result. However, the Chilwell/Mount contact was outside of the bubble, and was more than fleeting. I don't blame Southgate for making them isolate, as it risks infecting the rest of the squad. He hasn't played Chilwell, so what's the loss? Mount was turgid last time out, and I'd rather see Grealish and Foden in, so for me, no loss there either. If there is an issue in the Scottish squad, it will become apparent, and they will suffer for it in the knockout phase, but they are probably out after tonight anyway.
England match tonight on 17:49 - Jun 22 with 1090 viewsdirk_doone

England need to draw to get the coveted runners-up spot. It's trickier for the Czechs. A draw would leave them stuck at the top of the table. To avoid finishing top of the group, they have to lose but if Croatia win by 2 or more goals, they could overtake them on goal difference.

The final 10 minutes could be interesting. The managers will be telling their players what's happening in the other game and if it's a draw or 1-0 to Scotland, we could end up with both England and the Czechs trying to concede goals to avoid top spot. I'd expect the Czechs to keep it to 0-0 until the end and then let in a late goal, when they're sure that will make them runners-up. Dull but honest Gareth probably won't go in for such trickery.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 17:56]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

England match tonight on 17:56 - Jun 22 with 1083 viewsBison

England match tonight on 17:49 - Jun 22 by dirk_doone

England need to draw to get the coveted runners-up spot. It's trickier for the Czechs. A draw would leave them stuck at the top of the table. To avoid finishing top of the group, they have to lose but if Croatia win by 2 or more goals, they could overtake them on goal difference.

The final 10 minutes could be interesting. The managers will be telling their players what's happening in the other game and if it's a draw or 1-0 to Scotland, we could end up with both England and the Czechs trying to concede goals to avoid top spot. I'd expect the Czechs to keep it to 0-0 until the end and then let in a late goal, when they're sure that will make them runners-up. Dull but honest Gareth probably won't go in for such trickery.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 17:56]

Thanks Dirk , I was not looking forward to working out the permutations .

I now expect us to win about 6-0 , I do not think Mr Southgate or our team is that particularly tactically savvy.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

England match tonight on 19:23 - Jun 22 with 1015 viewsSadoldgit

Good to see Grealish starting at last. Hopefully we will see a more attacking performance now there is no pressure.
Good also to see Adams and Armstrong start tonight.
England match tonight on 20:51 - Jun 22 with 985 viewsdirk_doone

England match tonight on 19:23 - Jun 22 by Sadoldgit

Good to see Grealish starting at last. Hopefully we will see a more attacking performance now there is no pressure.
Good also to see Adams and Armstrong start tonight.

Grealish, Saka and Shaw have been excellent. Those three need to start every game.

England match tonight on 20:52 - Jun 22 with 983 viewsBicester_North

England match tonight on 20:51 - Jun 22 by dirk_doone

Grealish, Saka and Shaw have been excellent. Those three need to start every game.

Agree with you. Best 3 so far. Even Kane was getting forward a bit towards the end of the second half
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 20:52]

England match tonight on 21:34 - Jun 22 with 948 viewsBicester_North

Back to the usual Gareth football in this half.

Set pieces are terrible which was a strength in the last tournament.

Main positive is 3 clean sheets so far

Login to get fewer ads

England match tonight on 21:53 - Jun 22 with 931 viewsSaintsforeverj

England match tonight on 21:34 - Jun 22 by Bicester_North

Back to the usual Gareth football in this half.

Set pieces are terrible which was a strength in the last tournament.

Main positive is 3 clean sheets so far

Southgate may just know what he is doing. Won the group, loads of clean sheets, effective unit, he gets the result, albeit boring. Grealish though was excellent. Great to see him play tonight. But France, Portugal, or Germany next 😉

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

England match tonight on 21:58 - Jun 22 with 924 viewsBicester_North

England match tonight on 21:53 - Jun 22 by Saintsforeverj

Southgate may just know what he is doing. Won the group, loads of clean sheets, effective unit, he gets the result, albeit boring. Grealish though was excellent. Great to see him play tonight. But France, Portugal, or Germany next 😉

If England get through the second round then you can’t argue with Southgate and the ponces group performance

Lose and the knives will be out 🔪

England match tonight on 21:59 - Jun 22 with 923 viewsSadoldgit

Great to see what the squad is capable of 1st half but bloody hell, that 2nd half dragged. Southgate has got the results he needed but you do have to wonder if we have enough in the tank to duke it out with the big boys. Better teams than the Czechs would have made more of our lethargic 2nd half.
England match tonight on 22:11 - Jun 22 with 906 viewsSaintsforeverj

England match tonight on 21:58 - Jun 22 by Bicester_North

If England get through the second round then you can’t argue with Southgate and the ponces group performance

Exactly. The next game for England is massive and will be the best indication of our chances under Southgate.

England match tonight on 22:14 - Jun 22 with 897 viewsdirk_doone

It's going to be tough as it looks like that result means we'll be playing Germany. Another penalty shootout?

England match tonight on 22:21 - Jun 22 with 885 viewsdirk_doone

We have to hope that he can't bring in Mount to replace Grealish in the next game and that he doesn't bring on his favourite sub, Rashford, to miss the crucial penalty in the shootout against the Germans.

England match tonight on 22:26 - Jun 22 with 876 viewsBicester_North

England match tonight on 22:21 - Jun 22 by dirk_doone

We have to hope that he can't bring in Mount to replace Grealish in the next game and that he doesn't bring on his favourite sub, Rashford, to miss the crucial penalty in the shootout against the Germans.

We can only hope. I think Southgate will be desperate to bring the coward Mount back into the fray.

And Rashford should be well down the order after Sako’s performance
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 22:28]

England match tonight on 22:31 - Jun 22 with 869 viewsSaintsforeverj

England match tonight on 22:14 - Jun 22 by dirk_doone

It's going to be tough as it looks like that result means we'll be playing Germany. Another penalty shootout?

Mind you, Germany would be better than facing France or Portugal I would think.

England match tonight on 22:35 - Jun 22 with 860 viewssaintwizzler

Winning breeds confidence.
Win every game.

Job done.
Topped the group without breaking sweat.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🦁🦁🦁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

England match tonight on 22:37 - Jun 22 with 860 viewsBicester_North

England match tonight on 22:31 - Jun 22 by Saintsforeverj

Mind you, Germany would be better than facing France or Portugal I would think.

Could easily be France if they draw with Portugal and Germany beat Hungary

England match tonight on 22:39 - Jun 22 with 856 viewsDorsetIan

England match tonight on 22:11 - Jun 22 by Saintsforeverj

Exactly. The next game for England is massive and will be the best indication of our chances under Southgate.

Yes, how we think about the last three games will depend on how we perform in the next.

Has Southgate shown genius pragmatism to get throw the group with no goals conceded, to then unleash a fantastic performance with a win against a top side?

Or have we just witnessed three dull as ditchwater games, leading to another early bath against the first decent team we meet?

I seriously hope it's the former, because having to suffer those three games with nothing to show for it, is going to be hard to take.

My concern is that, for me, we have built absolutely no momentum in those last three games.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

England match tonight on 22:42 - Jun 22 with 854 viewsBicester_North

England match tonight on 22:35 - Jun 22 by saintwizzler

Winning breeds confidence.
Win every game.

Job done.
Topped the group without breaking sweat.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🦁🦁🦁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

F*ck topping the group and/or getting through, we do that nearly every time

Beat a top team in the knockouts and then we can properly believe in the overpaid bunch of pricks from a population of about 55 million who have their arses wiped by premier league club handymen

England match tonight on 23:18 - Jun 22 with 834 viewsSaintsforeverj

England match tonight on 22:39 - Jun 22 by DorsetIan

Yes, how we think about the last three games will depend on how we perform in the next.

Has Southgate shown genius pragmatism to get throw the group with no goals conceded, to then unleash a fantastic performance with a win against a top side?

Or have we just witnessed three dull as ditchwater games, leading to another early bath against the first decent team we meet?

I seriously hope it's the former, because having to suffer those three games with nothing to show for it, is going to be hard to take.

My concern is that, for me, we have built absolutely no momentum in those last three games.

Under other managers, we have arguably been more exciting but we always go out in the later rounds, perhaps because they used too much energy in the earlier rounds. It just might be possible hopefully, that England have saved their energy for the later rounds by taking this pragmatic approach and saving the top players like Grealish for later on. (I assume this might be the plan). We look very good defensively, but ofcourse haven't yet met the best teams. We shall see. I would take 1 nil all the way, if we get to the final. Next match as has been said, will tell us everything.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 23:19]

England match tonight on 23:47 - Jun 22 with 805 viewssaintwizzler

England match tonight on 22:42 - Jun 22 by Bicester_North

F*ck topping the group and/or getting through, we do that nearly every time

Beat a top team in the knockouts and then we can properly believe in the overpaid bunch of pricks from a population of about 55 million who have their arses wiped by premier league club handymen

I went through Bicester North on the way home tonight x

England match tonight on 23:58 - Jun 22 with 800 viewsBicester_North

England match tonight on 23:47 - Jun 22 by saintwizzler

I went through Bicester North on the way home tonight x

Did you see saint22 on the platform waiting for the Marylebone train after a clandestine meeting in the Cotswolds?

England match tonight on 01:03 - Jun 23 with 778 viewsDorsetIan

England match tonight on 23:18 - Jun 22 by Saintsforeverj

Under other managers, we have arguably been more exciting but we always go out in the later rounds, perhaps because they used too much energy in the earlier rounds. It just might be possible hopefully, that England have saved their energy for the later rounds by taking this pragmatic approach and saving the top players like Grealish for later on. (I assume this might be the plan). We look very good defensively, but ofcourse haven't yet met the best teams. We shall see. I would take 1 nil all the way, if we get to the final. Next match as has been said, will tell us everything.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 23:19]

Yes, topping the group and feeling really positive about things has got us nowhere in the past. So perhaps it’s time to try feeling underwhelmed by the group stage performances.

Winners Portugal finished third in third group in 2016 with three draws/points.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

England match tonight on 07:28 - Jun 23 with 723 viewssaintwizzler

England match tonight on 23:58 - Jun 22 by Bicester_North

Did you see saint22 on the platform waiting for the Marylebone train after a clandestine meeting in the Cotswolds?

He’d been to Clarkson’s farm shop.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024