Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Boy (Not Ings) 11:29 - Jun 28 with 1036 viewsTimSaint

For those on here with a forces background or interest, may I refer you to a film called 'Danny Boy' that was on BBC2 recently - and is available on catch up or if you search for it on Sky etc.

It is about a soldier (Brian Wood) who was in the battle of Danny Boy (Amarah, Iraq, 2004) who was later accused of war crimes and mistreating of prisoners etc, so tells of his 10 year fight to clear his name.

Quite interesting and based on his book 'Double Crossed'.

I think there are a few on here that would be interested in the book and/or film, so check it out and let me know what you think.
(I know Brian from a few football tours to Germany).

TimSaint

Danny Boy (Not Ings) on 18:41 - Jun 28 with 932 viewsUlsterBaz

Cheers, I’ll catch up with that on the iPlayer.
Danny Boy (Not Ings) on 19:36 - Jun 28 with 906 viewsSaintal7

Excellent film. Made me furious knowing what that scumbag solicitor was trying to do they really are lowest of the low . Great that it turned out right in the end thankfully
Danny Boy (Not Ings) on 21:27 - Jun 30 with 775 viewsRon11

I read the book a while back, an excellent presentation of what happened and what he was put through by people who are not fit to lick his (or any other service man/woman's) boots.
Having worked in oil & gas in a few dodgy locations, I've been looked after by quite a few British ex special forces and ex military guys. Some of them went back as far Northern Ireland and The Falklands, and to a man none of them trusted politicians.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024