Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... 09:57 - Jul 5 with 7708 viewsblambo

Danny Ings turns down new 4y contract at Southampton. Deal would’ve made him best-paid player in #SaintsFC history but 28yo wants to test himself at higher level. Club must decide whether to sell this summer or lose for free in 2022
@TheAthleticUK
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 16:24 - Jul 5 with 1273 viewskingslandstand1

This may already have been raised below, but according to Adam Blackmore talking on Solent, that is not the case and is a case of while a comparative quiet day for England, now is the time to raise the subject again. Also it coincides with 1st day back to training

Also, have the club had any serious interest shown for him from one of the top 4 clubs which is where he believes he should be? Blackmore seems to think he'll still be here on day 1 of the new season and may go on a free next season but that will also depend on his form of course

But what does anyone on here know anyway, just thoughts, and I'd have thought AB has more sources than a lot
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 16:25 - Jul 5 with 1272 viewskingslandstand1

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 13:28 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

It would be a fair question if loads of players were queuing up to leave. Only one has left so far and that was at the end of his contract.

And we have splashed out £6m on a left back from Brest to show serious ambition ..............
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 16:27 - Jul 5 with 1256 viewsI_would

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 16:21 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

I have no idea if that would be the case, but given that every penny made by the club is spent by the club I would be very surprised if he started asset stripping now. If he wants top dollar for the club he needs it to be competitive. It makes more sense to improve the playing squad to make the acquisition more attractive to would be investors.

What will make the club more attractive to would be investors would be to fix the defensive errors, cut out the 9-0 b******s and stop achieving negative stat records. Ralph needs to junk the press and start to get some steady results instead of the up and down roller coaster ride we've had to endure ever since he's been here.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 16:29 - Jul 5 with 1259 viewsSadoldgit

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 16:25 - Jul 5 by kingslandstand1

And we have splashed out £6m on a left back from Brest to show serious ambition ..............

I think it is more than that isn’t it? Also it isn’t about the transfer fee, it is about the quality of the player and by all account he is a good signing.
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 16:29 - Jul 5 with 1258 viewsMattFinish

I don't necessarily blame him. Are the club showing that they match his ambition?
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 16:50 - Jul 5 with 1232 viewsSadoldgit

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 11:15 - Jul 5 by barry_sanchez

I remember having a discussion to SOG about greed and money, he couldn't get his head around the fact that players aren't bothered about clubs like Southampton if they believe they can play at another higher level, we're a stepping stone and that is all there is to it and the only way that will change is if we pay well over the odds and that is something we've never done at this level.

So you believe that if we offered more than Manchester City players would rather come to us than go there? I am sure money is a factor but you can’t tell me that top players would rather play for a mid table or relegation threatened team than play in the top flight for a few extra quid.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 16:56]
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 17:02 - Jul 5 with 1214 viewsTripleNiemi

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 14:10 - Jul 5 by dirk_doone

It's nothing unique to Premier League clubs. Championship players leave for bigger clubs and more money too.

The Premier League has helped produce the strongest England squad ever. Playing in the best league in the world gives our players an advantage.

I understand that most of us on here had our youth back in the last century but for youngsters today, yearning for the days of terraces, muddy pitches, teams with British players only, heavy boots and balls is like yearning for working down the pits, national service and outside toilets.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 14:48]

Not bad then hey, only taken 30 years of PL footy for the England Squad to see these fruits you mention

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 17:12 - Jul 5 with 1199 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings has been tapped up. And the latest is that he is off to West Ham or Spurs. This would have been going on since Christmas, and that's why he suddenly turned from a world class player to useless as soon as his head was turned. It probably affected the entire squad too.

He needs to go. Keep him here for his last year of his contract and all we will get is a player not wanting to be here, thinking about his next big move.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 17:18]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 17:36 - Jul 5 with 1167 viewsTripleNiemi

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 17:12 - Jul 5 by Saintsforeverj

Ings has been tapped up. And the latest is that he is off to West Ham or Spurs. This would have been going on since Christmas, and that's why he suddenly turned from a world class player to useless as soon as his head was turned. It probably affected the entire squad too.

He needs to go. Keep him here for his last year of his contract and all we will get is a player not wanting to be here, thinking about his next big move.

Good on him if Spurs or WHU as at least they are a bigger club. Had visions of him going to Brentford

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 17:41 - Jul 5 with 1156 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 17:36 - Jul 5 by TripleNiemi

Good on him if Spurs or WHU as at least they are a bigger club. Had visions of him going to Brentford

Brentford wouldn't triple his wages so he wouldn't go there. Spurs and WHU won't win anything but they will pay him well.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 17:43]

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 18:17 - Jul 5 with 1115 viewsSadoldgit

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 17:12 - Jul 5 by Saintsforeverj

Seriously! 😂 He has hardly been useless since Christmas and you would assume that he would be keen to play well to get into the England squad. As for “tapping up” what are players agents there for if not to look for a lucrative next contract for their client. Logic dictates that there are constant conversations going on between clubs and agents. Neither clubs are playing in the big competition this season coming and may well not be playing in it the season after either. Where does that leave him if his dream is to play against the top European clubs?
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 18:23 - Jul 5 with 1109 viewskingslandstand1

Just proves (assuming true) yet again WALOB it is about him only moving to one of the Manchester/really big clubs to prove he can play at that higher level. As I said earlier, and Alex Crook said, the club haven't received any offers or enquiries about him from the big boys so only the crooks at WHL and W Ham are up for it. Sell him now but screw whoever wants him

Fair play to Danny Murphy for saying it as it is
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 18:31 - Jul 5 with 1098 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 18:17 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

Seriously! 😂 He has hardly been useless since Christmas and you would assume that he would be keen to play well to get into the England squad. As for “tapping up” what are players agents there for if not to look for a lucrative next contract for their client. Logic dictates that there are constant conversations going on between clubs and agents. Neither clubs are playing in the big competition this season coming and may well not be playing in it the season after either. Where does that leave him if his dream is to play against the top European clubs?

He may well have wanted to play well to get in the England squad but subconsciously, not necessarily on purpose, his head has obviously been turned by agents, discussions whatever, affecting his performances. It's surely possible he has been "distracted" by all of this. And money plays a part. A lucrative contract to see out his career is naturally appealing. This will only continue all next year if he stays, constant rumours and in my opinion, constant rumours about our best player leaving, won't be helpful to the team. And ofcourse, he wouldn't want to get injured or have his dream move ruined. So in my opinion, we should sell him now, get some money, get a replacement and move on rather than losing him for nothing.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 18:34]

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 18:48 - Jul 5 with 1082 viewsSadoldgit

Our slump in form wasn’t down to Danny Ings. You could probably assume that his dip in form was down to the fact that the team was playing well.
The club hold his contract and if they want to keep him for another year
He will be staying no matter what anyone else says. I would expect him to carry on giving it his all until he moves on.

I have just heard the Danny Murphy comments, he is just guessing that Ings has been “tapped up”. He knows no more than you or I so let’s not present his opinion as fact!
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 18:53]
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 19:56 - Jul 5 with 1011 viewsbarry_sanchez

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 13:27 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

So if it was all about greed why didn’t he sign the contract for more money and insist that it had a get out clause? He could have been earning more money for months. If the club weren’t prepared to insert a sell out clause he could have signed anyway and done a Virgil. If he goes to Everton or Villa (which I doubt) you may have a point. If he goes to where he will get European football you don’t. You tar everyone with the same brush Barry. Just because you might sell out to the highest bidder, it doesn’t mean that everyone is like that. If we keep him to his contract his chances of getting a big move will be less next year. If you are a top player, why wouldn’t you want to play in the biggest competitions?

You've agreed with me there, he'll go to where the money is regardless of trophies, if you have money it gives you a far far higher chance of getting them, why did anyone go to Man City 10 years ago? Or Chelsea 15 years ago?
Money, we've never had it and we never will so we'll always sell and be average in the top tier at the very best.
I accept that, the World is unfair, shite and made up of have and have nots, football is no different, sorry to break that to you Bambi.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:00 - Jul 5 with 1007 viewsbarry_sanchez

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 16:50 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

So you believe that if we offered more than Manchester City players would rather come to us than go there? I am sure money is a factor but you can’t tell me that top players would rather play for a mid table or relegation threatened team than play in the top flight for a few extra quid.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 16:56]

You can bet your bollocks to a barndance if we offered a massive amount he'd stay and call it a project.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:03 - Jul 5 with 1007 viewsRon11

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 18:48 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

Our slump in form wasn’t down to Danny Ings. You could probably assume that his dip in form was down to the fact that the team was playing well.
The club hold his contract and if they want to keep him for another year
He will be staying no matter what anyone else says. I would expect him to carry on giving it his all until he moves on.

I have just heard the Danny Murphy comments, he is just guessing that Ings has been “tapped up”. He knows no more than you or I so let’s not present his opinion as fact!
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 18:53]

Of course he's been tapped up.
As were the likes of Van Dijk, Lovren, Mane, etc etc.
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:29 - Jul 5 with 986 viewsSadoldgit

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:00 - Jul 5 by barry_sanchez

You can bet your bollocks to a barndance if we offered a massive amount he'd stay and call it a project.

I think you find you will be singing soprano at the next choir session Barry.
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:39 - Jul 5 with 973 viewsSadoldgit

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:03 - Jul 5 by Ron11

Of course he's been tapped up.
As were the likes of Van Dijk, Lovren, Mane, etc etc.

I’m not sure what you mean by tapped up Ron? Why wouldn’t he look at his options with a year left on his contract and why wouldn’t other clubs be checking out the situation with a quality player like Ings?
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 21:11 - Jul 5 with 922 viewsgrumpy

Without Ings goals we would be playing in the Championship next season.
Good luck to him because he is going to need it with his injury record.
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 21:29 - Jul 5 with 903 viewsBison

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 18:17 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

There are some fans who are angry with Ings

there are some fans who really don't give a toss and fed up with all things Saints

Then there is Ings's dad and....SoG's !

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 21:40 - Jul 5 with 885 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:39 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

I’m not sure what you mean by tapped up Ron? Why wouldn’t he look at his options with a year left on his contract and why wouldn’t other clubs be checking out the situation with a quality player like Ings?

He means that Ings has been speaking to other clubs without permission and therefore unlawfully or he has listened to them (although we all know it goes on), but with Ings it's disappointing that he doesn't want to stay at the club he supports for a weekly wage bigger than any player has ever had before at the club. Am I and others not allowed to be disappointed that he doesn't want to stay with the biggest wage ever paid to a Southampton player and help us like Le Tiss did?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 21:44]

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 21:40 - Jul 5 with 886 viewsRon11

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:39 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

I said 'tapped up' because he's been displaying the same attitude on the pitch as the other names I mentioned, and as we do all know, VD went off the rails (he was obviously tapped), the likes of Lovren, 'my head's already in Liverpool'....even back as far as Kenwynne Jones, they had all had a word in the ear, and all turned sulky....even Ryan Bertrand
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 21:47 - Jul 5 with 877 views1885_SFC

Say what you like but it all comes down to money and f@ck all else. This "wanting to win things" bullshít doesn't wash with me. Greed is the answer... even when the world has been changed by Covid and many people have re-evaluated their lives.

If you want proof - look no further than Ricky Lambert. A true & honest player if ever there was one. He loved playing football... and that's the difference. He was a world away from these money-grabbing, so-called 'supporter of the club' modern types...

Old School is Cool

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 22:01 - Jul 5 with 860 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 21:47 - Jul 5 by 1885_SFC

Say what you like but it all comes down to money and f@ck all else. This "wanting to win things" bullshít doesn't wash with me. Greed is the answer... even when the world has been changed by Covid and many people have re-evaluated their lives.

If you want proof - look no further than Ricky Lambert. A true & honest player if ever there was one. He loved playing football... and that's the difference. He was a world away from these money-grabbing, so-called 'supporter of the club' modern types...

And Ings has already done the big club experience. We bought him, gave him regular first team football because he hardly played at his so called big club. He wasn't good enough for them. They had other super stars. He will go to a so called big club, get injured probably, in and out of the team, last a year or two and be replaced by some other superstar. He would be loved and adored here forever if he stayed and first on the team sheet. But no, he wants to go. That's his choice, but it's disappointing after being offered a massive salary at the club he supports.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 22:05]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024