Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Italy v Spain 09:16 - Jul 6 with 1003 viewsSadoldgit

Form would indicate that Italy should beat Spain tonight and that would set up a cracking final assuming we beat Denmark. Spain aren’t at their best though but are still winning matches so can’t be written off easily. Our defence hasn’t been properly tested yet and on paper, Spain would probably be the most winnable match. Thoughts?
Italy v Spain on 09:44 - Jul 6 with 985 viewsSalisburySaint

Spain would be my preferred opponents should we reach the final.

Not only do I think they are more beatable, but also don't think they would sell their ticket allocation, so I might get chance to go to final
Italy v Spain on 20:05 - Jul 6 with 891 viewsSadoldgit

So irritating! Why don’t they raise the flag for offside straight away?
Italy v Spain on 20:24 - Jul 6 with 872 viewsButty101

Italy v Spain on 20:05 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

So irritating! Why don’t they raise the flag for offside straight away?

Both look good and move the ball quickly. Shame neither can finish as it could be 1-1 by now.
It’s a lot better football than England’s slow back and sideways stuff

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Italy v Spain on 21:25 - Jul 6 with 834 viewsSadoldgit

Cracking game, both sides going for it hell for leather.
Italy v Spain on 21:38 - Jul 6 with 825 viewsSadoldgit

Excellent! Spain have equalised! Let’s hope for extra time.
Italy v Spain on 21:46 - Jul 6 with 814 viewssaint22

Italy v Spain on 20:24 - Jul 6 by Butty101

Both look good and move the ball quickly. Shame neither can finish as it could be 1-1 by now.
It’s a lot better football than England’s slow back and sideways stuff

If dullard Gareth cAn figure a plan to stop either of these two then he deserves a knighthood
Italy v Spain on 21:51 - Jul 6 with 805 viewsButty101

Italy v Spain on 21:46 - Jul 6 by saint22

If dullard Gareth cAn figure a plan to stop either of these two then he deserves a knighthood

Two very good side’s.

Winner of this semi has to be favourite.
Again well reffed, let’s hope the premiership learns from this tournament

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Italy v Spain on 22:06 - Jul 6 with 797 viewssaint22

Italy v Spain on 21:51 - Jul 6 by Butty101

Two very good side’s.

Winner of this semi has to be favourite.
Again well reffed, let’s hope the premiership learns from this tournament

As long as Dean Moss Marriner Friend etc ref it won’t matter what the Prem do
It just underlines how awful they are
Login to get fewer ads

Italy v Spain on 22:12 - Jul 6 with 792 viewsSadoldgit

Before this game I was hoping that Spain would go through but they are looking a bit useful so hopefully Italy will go through now.
Italy v Spain on 22:48 - Jul 6 with 762 viewsdirk_doone

Italy v Spain on 22:12 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

Before this game I was hoping that Spain would go through but they are looking a bit useful so hopefully Italy will go through now.

Italy haven't been behind in a game for years, let alone lost one.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Italy v Spain on 22:52 - Jul 6 with 751 viewsSadoldgit

Both teams put in a brilliant performance and on that showing either one would be tough to play in the final. Well done Italy. Hopefully we shall be meeting them on Sunday.
Italy v Spain on 23:06 - Jul 6 with 733 viewsDorsetIan

I think Italy are all about swagger. Once Spain equalised the wind went out of their sails completely. And the goal Spain scored was well worked like the goals England have been scoring.

They're beatable.

As are the Danes. Their big centre back looks a bit flat footed on the turn. And the guy they've got in midfield isn't as good as he thinks he is.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Italy v Spain on 07:13 - Jul 7 with 670 viewscocklebreath

Glad Italy won, Spain were the better side and I think they would have passed us off the park. Italy are beatable

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Italy v Spain on 09:48 - Jul 7 with 609 viewsdirk_doone

I was gutted that Spain lost because, they have a lot of mediocre players and I think we'd have definitely beaten them. Their finishing was terrible. They have one of the worst sets of strikers in the tournament.

As for the 'all swagger" Italian team, they've swaggered their way through a three-year, 33 match unbeaten run, in which they've never even fallen behind for a second. It will be an incredible achievement if England manage to beat them. The glimmer of hope is that they will be depleted by injuries to 2 of their best players: Spinazzola and Chiesa. But, they've still got the likes of Insigne, Chiellini, Immobile and Verratti and their team spirit is formidable.

Once England beat Germany and showed how good they were, Belgium and Italy were the only 2 teams I thought might beat them and, of course, Italy knocked out Belgium.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 10:09]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Italy v Spain on 13:28 - Jul 7 with 542 viewsDorsetIan

Italy v Spain on 09:48 - Jul 7 by dirk_doone

I was gutted that Spain lost because, they have a lot of mediocre players and I think we'd have definitely beaten them. Their finishing was terrible. They have one of the worst sets of strikers in the tournament.

As for the 'all swagger" Italian team, they've swaggered their way through a three-year, 33 match unbeaten run, in which they've never even fallen behind for a second. It will be an incredible achievement if England manage to beat them. The glimmer of hope is that they will be depleted by injuries to 2 of their best players: Spinazzola and Chiesa. But, they've still got the likes of Insigne, Chiellini, Immobile and Verratti and their team spirit is formidable.

Once England beat Germany and showed how good they were, Belgium and Italy were the only 2 teams I thought might beat them and, of course, Italy knocked out Belgium.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 10:09]

What I mean by 'swagger' is that confidence seems to play a big part in how they go about things. Look at the way Chiellini was joking around before the penalties - that's not normal.

And looking at their unbeaten run, few of those games have been against top nations. They've had the win against Belgium, a win against The Netherlands in the The Nations League in Amsterdam and a couple of draws, against Portugal and The Netherlands.

The other interesting thing is that having not conceded in the 11 games before the knock out games here, they have now conceded in each of their last 3 games. And as you say, were it not for Spain's abysmal finishing they would have conceded more yesterday.

So tough yes, but working up to their unbeaten run coming to an end!

But let's worry about Denmark first!...

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024