Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Italy 16:55 - Jul 9 with 970 viewsSadoldgit

Personally I’d love Southgate to finally throw off the shackles and go toe to toe with Italy. It might throw them as they will be expecting us to line up defensively. It isn’t going to happen though and I’m expecting the same team to start. We haven't been tested that much so far in the competition at the back so it will be interesting to see how we hold up against the Italians. Overall we have looked strong defensively but there were signs against Denmark that our midfield defensive unit was breakable which makes me wonder if he might start off with Henderson now that he has got a bit of game time under his belt? Phillips has covered a lot of ground so far and you have to wonder how much more has he got in the tank, but Rice is usually the one to make way. Decisions decisions.
England v Italy on 19:42 - Jul 9 with 928 viewsdwayne_dibley

make the Italians play in Plimsoles and they will only run backwards

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

England v Italy on 09:42 - Jul 11 with 824 viewsSadoldgit

Not heard much about injury news from the camp other than Saka picking up a knock. So, does he start with the same team and set up as the last game or load the team with full backs as earlier to counter the Italian attacking threat?
England v Italy on 10:03 - Jul 11 with 802 viewsDorsetIan

If Spain hadn’t been so poor with their finishing, they would have won. We won’t be so profligate, so it’s business as usual for me.

Keep it tight. Wait for them to tire. Hit them with our creative attackers in the second half.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

England v Italy on 10:21 - Jul 11 with 785 viewsRon11

When they're passing sideways and back in the first half, don't lose the ball.
Because the Italians will have it in the net.
They should go at them from the start, as one of the Italian players recently said, the England bench could have got to the final itself...
England v Italy on 10:28 - Jul 11 with 776 viewsA1079

I am a Saints and England, always have been and will be to the day I die.

I really wish the England team well today and that they give it their all on the pitch and if they do that, we cannot ask for more, whatever the outcome.

I had Italy down to win this tournament before it started. I do think they have that bit extra and they seem both confident and comfortable. They know how to win tournaments even if that means a bit of trickery mixed in with their natural skill and ability. We will have to be exceptional and keep our nerves and avoid being drawn into silly fouls which may lead to a sending off (as I do fear one or two of our players will be targetted). Clearly I hope my pre tournament prediction is wrong and if we take a chance when we get it and defend resolutely and not surrender the midfield then who knows.

By and large I have enjoyed this tournament. There have been some good games across the groups and knock out stages and the officiating has been infinitely better than what I have witnessed in our PL (bar the odd exception).

Do your best England.
England v Italy on 18:16 - Jul 11 with 697 viewsSadoldgit

I felt confident before the Denmark game but have no idea how this will play out. As said earlier, as long as we give it our best shot we can’t complain. It’s huge for us to get over the semi hurdle and get to a final at last so let’s enjoy it and hope that this is start of something special. We have a lot of young talent in this squad and it would be great to carry on building on this for the WC.
England v Italy on 09:20 - Jul 12 with 636 viewsdirk_doone

As you said, SOG: it wasn't going to happen.

I actually think that in our squad, we carried more of an attacking threat than Italy but Southgate didn't utilise it. .

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

England v Italy on 10:38 - Jul 12 with 595 viewsSadoldgit

England v Italy on 09:20 - Jul 12 by dirk_doone

As you said, SOG: it wasn't going to happen.

I actually think that in our squad, we carried more of an attacking threat than Italy but Southgate didn't utilise it. .

I hope that Southgate has a rethink about his tactics after this. He sets his teams up not to lose and has been very good at that, but the Italians set up to win and what a difference that makes. Kane is world class and Sterling not far behind him but neither was a threat after the first 20/30 minutes. We only showed an attacking commitment in the whole match against the Ukraine. Spain caused Italy all manner of problems by taking the game to them. Perhaps scoring so early worked against us as we seem to sit back and protect what we had. Italy’s moment grew and grew and you could see the equaliser coming. I don’t mind losing to penalties, it is one of those things that you can’t legislate for on the night and it a total lottery. What frustrates me is seeing so much creative talent sitting on the bench either unused or used too late.
Login to get fewer ads

England v Italy on 11:16 - Jul 12 with 567 viewsBazza

England v Italy on 10:38 - Jul 12 by Sadoldgit

I hope that Southgate has a rethink about his tactics after this. He sets his teams up not to lose and has been very good at that, but the Italians set up to win and what a difference that makes. Kane is world class and Sterling not far behind him but neither was a threat after the first 20/30 minutes. We only showed an attacking commitment in the whole match against the Ukraine. Spain caused Italy all manner of problems by taking the game to them. Perhaps scoring so early worked against us as we seem to sit back and protect what we had. Italy’s moment grew and grew and you could see the equaliser coming. I don’t mind losing to penalties, it is one of those things that you can’t legislate for on the night and it a total lottery. What frustrates me is seeing so much creative talent sitting on the bench either unused or used too late.

Good points but Kane world class? Not in this tournament or even this season?
England v Italy on 11:43 - Jul 12 with 546 viewsSadoldgit

England v Italy on 11:16 - Jul 12 by Bazza

Good points but Kane world class? Not in this tournament or even this season?

He has had his moments in this competition but we haven’t played to his strengths, in fact we have only really done so in the Ukraine match. I thought Southgate said at one point that he was building a team around Kane. Not in this competition he didn’t. Kane would not be out of place in any of the worlds top teams and I hope he gets a move to City this summer. He is wasted at Spurs.
England v Italy on 12:44 - Jul 12 with 524 viewsSadoldgit

Three England players racially abused after missing penalties. Fights between England supporters in the stadium after ticketless supporters try to break in. Fights in town centres after the game. What is wrong with some people in this country? Every country I have ever visited seem to be able to go out, have a drink and some fun and behave themselves. Add alcohol to some British people and they turn into complete a-holes.
England v Italy on 18:47 - Jul 12 with 486 viewsSadoldgit

Dover MP Natalie Elphicke sent a message saying that Marcus Rashford should have spent more time practising football than playing politics. Ok Natalie, perhaps your party should spend more time making sure that under privileged children have something to eat than shagging other people’s partners?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024