Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalties or Golden Goal? 09:20 - Jul 12 with 793 viewsgrumpy

Golden Goal for me.
Sick of the pain of Penalties and its not fair on the players.
Penalties or Golden Goal? on 09:30 - Jul 12 with 777 viewsHeisenberg

The way Southgate sets his teams up we would still be playing under the golden goal rule.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Penalties or Golden Goal? on 09:32 - Jul 12 with 777 viewscocklebreath

Can someone work out how bad our record is? Saints and England together. I can think of the win at Old Trafford for saints and JPT against Norwich, a win against Spain for England. Is that it?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Penalties or Golden Goal? on 09:48 - Jul 12 with 746 viewsSadoldgit

I agree that penalties are unfair on the players but don’t like the golden goal either. Maybe it should be decided on match stats (most shots on goal etc) but that would be a huge anti climax at the end of the game whilst the statto’s got their act together. For their faults, penalties do provide a dramatic end to a match. Great for the neutrals but nerve shredding for fans. The best players in the world miss pens. These three guys will have to live with this for the rest of their lives.
Penalties or Golden Goal? on 10:21 - Jul 12 with 716 viewspjt50

Personally I like penalties. Win or lose they're great drama & a real test of skill & nerve.

You could make it fairer to the players (if you really wanted to) by using a hockey-style one-on-one or a shot from the edge of the D. Then there'd be less expectation on the player to score.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Penalties or Golden Goal? on 10:29 - Jul 12 with 705 viewsSadoldgit

Penalties or Golden Goal? on 10:21 - Jul 12 by pjt50

Personally I like penalties. Win or lose they're great drama & a real test of skill & nerve.

You could make it fairer to the players (if you really wanted to) by using a hockey-style one-on-one or a shot from the edge of the D. Then there'd be less expectation on the player to score.

Very true. What I struggle with is that it is a team game but if you miss the sudden death penalty all the responsibility suddenly becomes yours. It was heartbreaking seeing Saka’s reaction last night. Rashford and Sancho looked like they wanted the ground to open up and swallow them. Then they get the racial abuse heaped on top for good measure. They took the best team on the competition to the wire and should be proud. Instead they have probably locked themselves away. I don’t know what the answer is but anything has to be better than the toss if a coin.
Penalties or Golden Goal? on 12:07 - Jul 12 with 667 viewsDorsetIan

There must be some other options. How about...

'golden second goal'. If get a two goal lead in extra time that's it.

Or 'golden half'. If you're leading at half time of extra time that's it.

Or 'Dutch golden goal' (after the concept of a Dutch Auction) when, you start extra time with 11 players, there's no half time, and each team loses one player every 5 mins (picked by the other side's manager) until it's only the goalies left.

Or 'no goalie extra time' - self-explanatory.

Or 'manager one-on-one' - ditto.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Penalties or Golden Goal? on 18:06 - Jul 12 with 613 viewsBuenosSaint

Penalties or Golden Goal? on 12:07 - Jul 12 by DorsetIan

There must be some other options. How about...

'golden second goal'. If get a two goal lead in extra time that's it.

Or 'golden half'. If you're leading at half time of extra time that's it.

Or 'Dutch golden goal' (after the concept of a Dutch Auction) when, you start extra time with 11 players, there's no half time, and each team loses one player every 5 mins (picked by the other side's manager) until it's only the goalies left.

Or 'no goalie extra time' - self-explanatory.

Or 'manager one-on-one' - ditto.

Love 'em Dorset. Particularly the reducing of players every 5 minutes. It would be classic.....

Poll: The Long Future

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024