Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad 12:10 - Jul 12 with 804 viewsSaintsNews

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad 12th Jul 2021 12:08
When the England squad was announced I felt that Gareth Southgate had made a grave error of judgement in the balance of the squad and had gone for the flavour's of the month rather than those who could offer experience of just something different, sadly I have been proved right. 8

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 13:23 - Jul 12 with 758 viewsI_would

Let's all talk about the small number of numb-nuts who spewed some racial abuse rather than ask the 'manager' why he hates Grealish and won't play him when Italy were there for the taking in normal time. Let's also ask him why he put Henderson on when we needed to win the game. We would have had a better chance of winning if the crowd picked the starting 11 and subs. Go Southgate, I never want to see you again.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 13:23]

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 13:53 - Jul 12 with 729 viewsSadoldgit

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 13:23 - Jul 12 by I_would

Let's all talk about the small number of numb-nuts who spewed some racial abuse rather than ask the 'manager' why he hates Grealish and won't play him when Italy were there for the taking in normal time. Let's also ask him why he put Henderson on when we needed to win the game. We would have had a better chance of winning if the crowd picked the starting 11 and subs. Go Southgate, I never want to see you again.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 13:23]

Found someone else to hate until the new season begins and you can start on JWP again?
Bizarre post as usual. Do you really think he doesn’t use Grealish more because he actually hates him?
As for the people who racially abused three England players and the other morons who probably should not be allowed out after 8pm, why shouldn’t they be called out for their behaviour? You call people out all of the time for their lack of ability, according to you, at football, isn’t racially abusing another human being worse?
England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 14:01 - Jul 12 with 722 viewsI_would

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 13:53 - Jul 12 by Sadoldgit

Found someone else to hate until the new season begins and you can start on JWP again?
Bizarre post as usual. Do you really think he doesn’t use Grealish more because he actually hates him?
As for the people who racially abused three England players and the other morons who probably should not be allowed out after 8pm, why shouldn’t they be called out for their behaviour? You call people out all of the time for their lack of ability, according to you, at football, isn’t racially abusing another human being worse?

Shut your face and put me on ignore.

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 15:32 - Jul 12 with 678 viewsSadoldgit

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 14:01 - Jul 12 by I_would

Shut your face and put me on ignore.

Classy as ever.
England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 16:37 - Jul 12 with 644 viewssaints__fan__73

You're having a laugh aren't you Nick?

"When the England squad was announced I felt that Gareth Southgate had made a grave error of judgement in the balance of the squad and had gone for the flavour's of the month rather than those who could offer experience of just something different, sadly I have been proved right."

We just got to the final of a major competition for the first time since '66 and lost out to the lottery that is a penalty shoot-out and yet you were 'proved right'? How very Alan Partridge of you.

What on earth does this drivel mean?

"Southgate took too many players who were never ever going to get a game in this tournament unless there was a freak run of injuries and thus six players went to this tournament with England and never kicked a ball in anger, three of those players were goalkeepers for God's sake."

So we had an extra keeper brought in as Henderson was injured and obviously none of those 3 played as Pickford wasn't injured. What the f'k do you mean by 'for God's sake?' You do actually realise that the tournament rules are that you have to take 3 keepers don't you?!

And the squads were allowed to be 26 men instead of 23 due to COVID and even then we only had 3 outfield players, White, Chillwell and Coady who did not get onto the pitch.

I've no idea how you are using any of this to beat Southgate with. You should be happy he didn't pick JWP as, if he did, he would have been one of the penalty takers and, given his record doing this for us, there is a very good chance he would have missed!

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 17:32 - Jul 12 with 593 viewsRon11

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 16:37 - Jul 12 by saints__fan__73

"When the England squad was announced I felt that Gareth Southgate had made a grave error of judgement in the balance of the squad and had gone for the flavour's of the month rather than those who could offer experience of just something different, sadly I have been proved right."

We just got to the final of a major competition for the first time since '66 and lost out to the lottery that is a penalty shoot-out and yet you were 'proved right'? How very Alan Partridge of you.

"Southgate took too many players who were never ever going to get a game in this tournament unless there was a freak run of injuries and thus six players went to this tournament with England and never kicked a ball in anger, three of those players were goalkeepers for God's sake."

So we had an extra keeper brought in as Henderson was injured and obviously none of those 3 played as Pickford wasn't injured. What the f'k do you mean by 'for God's sake?' You do actually realise that the tournament rules are that you have to take 3 keepers don't you?!

And the squads were allowed to be 26 men instead of 23 due to COVID and even then we only had 3 outfield players, White, Chillwell and Coady who did not get onto the pitch.

I've no idea how you are using any of this to beat Southgate with. You should be happy he didn't pick JWP as, if he did, he would have been one of the penalty takers and, given his record doing this for us, there is a very good chance he would have missed!

So what did Henderson contribute when he came on?
They got to the final of a major competition and were against an Italian side that were certainly not the greatest that's ever been by a long shot.
They took an early lead, but at this level, surely Southgate knew this would not be enough.Seemingly not.
Dropping Kane back deep with the rest seemed an insane decision to me. Inevitably, Italy got in the box more and in it went. From then on, especially when he brought the anonymous Henderson instead of Grealish, there was only going to be one winner....using 'cold' players who had only just come on to take penalties was bizarre at the very least, and an insult to the fantastic efforts of Pickford in the England goal.
Defeat snatched from the jaws over an overwhelming victory.
You can't blame the players....
England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 08:27 - Jul 13 with 484 viewsSadoldgit

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 16:37 - Jul 12 by saints__fan__73

Re your comment about JWP and penalties, apparently although people were calling out for Grealish, he had only taken 1 penalty in a competitive match before. He hit the bar! It’s interesting to hear how the penalty takers were picked and the planning that went into it. It just goes to show that no matter how much thought and planning that goes into something, the human element will usually throw you a curve ball. I guess you can over plan or overthink situations and there are times when gut instinct needs to kick in. Still, what’s done is done. Hopefully another few lessons have been learned and we will be stronger for the WC which will bring stronger tests.
England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 10:08 - Jul 13 with 445 viewsI_would

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 08:27 - Jul 13 by Sadoldgit

Re your comment about JWP and penalties, apparently although people were calling out for Grealish, he had only taken 1 penalty in a competitive match before. He hit the bar! It’s interesting to hear how the penalty takers were picked and the planning that went into it. It just goes to show that no matter how much thought and planning that goes into something, the human element will usually throw you a curve ball. I guess you can over plan or overthink situations and there are times when gut instinct needs to kick in. Still, what’s done is done. Hopefully another few lessons have been learned and we will be stronger for the WC which will bring stronger tests.

Should never have got past normal time. Lesson learned, get rid of Southgate pronto or WC will be the same result or worse with him. Let's have a form team rather than Southgate's favourites. I never ever, ever, thought I'd say it but Ward would have been actually better than Rice or Phillips. They were profligate in possession, Phillips squandered several good chances to wrap it up where Kane created some room for him and Phillips can't tackle or defend, Rice not so bad but very negative.

Southgate had penalties in mind right from their training sessions. When we know we will lose penalties in advance what's the point? We've got the attacking players to win the games for the first time in ages, get it done in normal time. Horrible watch under Southgate like a dental appt. Won't be watching the WC if he's still up there making a pig's ear. No point.

Login to get fewer ads

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 11:08 - Jul 13 with 442 viewssaints__fan__73

I'm still eagerly awaiting Nick's response for why he was attacking Southgate for taking 3 keepers to the tournament (as he had to be rule) and then replacing one of those when he was injured (as he had to do by rule).

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 16:37 - Jul 13 with 368 viewsSadoldgit

England Defeat Highlights Deficiencies In The Squad on 10:08 - Jul 13 by I_would

Should never have got past normal time. Lesson learned, get rid of Southgate pronto or WC will be the same result or worse with him. Let's have a form team rather than Southgate's favourites. I never ever, ever, thought I'd say it but Ward would have been actually better than Rice or Phillips. They were profligate in possession, Phillips squandered several good chances to wrap it up where Kane created some room for him and Phillips can't tackle or defend, Rice not so bad but very negative.

Southgate had penalties in mind right from their training sessions. When we know we will lose penalties in advance what's the point? We've got the attacking players to win the games for the first time in ages, get it done in normal time. Horrible watch under Southgate like a dental appt. Won't be watching the WC if he's still up there making a pig's ear. No point.

Both Rice and Phillips did the job that they were selected for and I thought they both did it well. We were missing a creative midfielder and that is why I was frustrated that Grealish didn’t get more game time. I am not Souhgate’s biggest fan as for me he is too cautious too often. Having said that he has conducted himself admirably, he created an amazing team spirit in the squad and has taken us to a semi final and now a final, something no one has been able to do for 55 years, so to slag him off is a bit stupid really isn’t it? He certainly deserves the opportunity to take us one step further in the World Cup and he will have plenty of support. He would be the first one to admit that he made mistakes, but if he learns from those and becomes a better manager, that’s all we can ask of anybody in that job. To manage the expectations of England fans is a pretty thankless task most of the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024