Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third Covid Wave 10:36 - Jul 16 with 55448 viewsSadoldgit

Infection and hospital rates climbing rapidly. Death rates projected at 200 per day. Nearly 4m people at serious risk. New information coming out about the problems Covid cause the body if it doesn’t kill you. People laid up for the best part of a year with serious complications. Concern over the AstraZenica vaccine. Is it really wise to lift most of the restrictions on Monday? We have been told that we aren’t going back into another lockdown situation no matter what, but Whitty seems to think it might have to be on the cards.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 9:29]
Third Covid Wave on 10:17 - Jul 17 with 1414 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 09:00 - Jul 17 by Ron11

The covid passport is one key.
No passport (two jabs) no entry anywhere, end of story.
Boris is shit scared to do this because of the inevitable protests, but this can't can't go on forever.

What will be the next passport?
Flu passport?
Pompey passport?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Third Covid Wave on 11:03 - Jul 17 with 1389 viewsJellybaby

Third Covid Wave on 01:23 - Jul 17 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Agree with this in part.

There are now many companies (mine included) telling people to carry on as before and not rush back to the office. More people are carrying it and more people are ill, even those vaccinated and those companies that rely on people being present are being stung by illness. Rolls Royce was one I noticed that had huge illness and absence, but also the NHS is suffering again, because so many people are isolating and "non urgent" appointments and operations are being cancelled AGAIN.

When the f**k will people wake up? Avoid contact, wear masks, wash your hands, get vaccinated.

On that last point, the volume of anti vaccination type is astounding. If you're reading, you are a horrific human being, Get vaccinated.

I understand that emotions run high on this, but your last 2 paragraphs are reminiscent of fascist Nazism, do you want the unvaccinated to wear a Yellow star, do you want them to be rounded up and put into camps, read up on "Aktion T4" in 1938 Nazi Germany and you will see where this kind of thinking can lead. Historically when Politicians and medics come together it ends badly.

The behavioural insights team (nudge unit) that David Cameron set up in 2010 has been working overtime the last 18 months and been used to induce fear to control the masses, the trouble is this is like Frankenstein's monster and Is hard to reverse and now every human is considered a walking bio hazard. Face masks for the general public have little to no benefit in reducing transmission (every scientist knows this), they are part of the fear propaganda and used as a sign of conformity or worse as virtue signalling by those who have the need to feel superior.

Interestingly the UK seems particularly vaccine conformist compared to other parts of the world , former communist bloc countries, where citizens remember totalitarian control and coercion have kicked back much more, Bulgaria for example, it is suggested may struggle to reach 30% vaccination.

Lockdown forever may suit the risk averse, but you need to make your own arrangements - not make your fear the responsibility of others. Our children and young people have sacrificed so much - their friendships, their education, their fun, their futures, so that old and middle aged farts like us don't get ill and now we want them all to take an experimental vaccine that is more likely to harm them than Covid!

Should we suspend all living - all the things that bring us joy, all the things that are good for the soul, because some people have an irrational government and media induced fear?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 11:30]

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Third Covid Wave on 11:33 - Jul 17 with 1372 viewsdwayne_dibley

Third Covid Wave on 11:03 - Jul 17 by Jellybaby

I understand that emotions run high on this, but your last 2 paragraphs are reminiscent of fascist Nazism, do you want the unvaccinated to wear a Yellow star, do you want them to be rounded up and put into camps, read up on "Aktion T4" in 1938 Nazi Germany and you will see where this kind of thinking can lead. Historically when Politicians and medics come together it ends badly.

The behavioural insights team (nudge unit) that David Cameron set up in 2010 has been working overtime the last 18 months and been used to induce fear to control the masses, the trouble is this is like Frankenstein's monster and Is hard to reverse and now every human is considered a walking bio hazard. Face masks for the general public have little to no benefit in reducing transmission (every scientist knows this), they are part of the fear propaganda and used as a sign of conformity or worse as virtue signalling by those who have the need to feel superior.

Interestingly the UK seems particularly vaccine conformist compared to other parts of the world , former communist bloc countries, where citizens remember totalitarian control and coercion have kicked back much more, Bulgaria for example, it is suggested may struggle to reach 30% vaccination.

Lockdown forever may suit the risk averse, but you need to make your own arrangements - not make your fear the responsibility of others. Our children and young people have sacrificed so much - their friendships, their education, their fun, their futures, so that old and middle aged farts like us don't get ill and now we want them all to take an experimental vaccine that is more likely to harm them than Covid!

Should we suspend all living - all the things that bring us joy, all the things that are good for the soul, because some people have an irrational government and media induced fear?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 11:30]

would really help with climate change

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Third Covid Wave on 13:12 - Jul 17 with 1339 viewssaint22

Third Covid Wave on 10:16 - Jul 17 by JaySaint

Lockdown forever then?

With BoJo and his ship of fools in 'charge' that looks likely
Could you have more failings in one year?
Third Covid Wave on 13:38 - Jul 17 with 1327 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 13:12 - Jul 17 by saint22

With BoJo and his ship of fools in 'charge' that looks likely
Could you have more failings in one year?

what should we do, then. Lockdown forever?
COVID is here to stay, like countless other ailments.

[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 14:09]

Third Covid Wave on 14:28 - Jul 17 with 1282 views1885_SFC

Two days before 'freedom day'... and Health Secretary Sajid Javid tests positive for Covid.

Marvelous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57874744

Old School is Cool

Third Covid Wave on 14:34 - Jul 17 with 1272 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 14:28 - Jul 17 by 1885_SFC

Two days before 'freedom day'... and Health Secretary Sajid Javid tests positive for Covid.

Marvelous.

😩😂. Karma?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 14:35]
Third Covid Wave on 14:38 - Jul 17 with 1264 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 13:38 - Jul 17 by JaySaint

what should we do, then. Lockdown forever?
COVID is here to stay, like countless other ailments.

[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 14:09]

It’s not a question of staying in lockdown for ever. It is about how we come out of it. A controlled release has to be safer than a free for all surely? We have already seen how it spreads in recent large gatherings.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 16:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Third Covid Wave on 16:38 - Jul 17 with 1228 viewssaint22

Third Covid Wave on 14:28 - Jul 17 by 1885_SFC

Marvelous.

And he is double jabbed
All going swimmingly
Third Covid Wave on 16:52 - Jul 17 with 1219 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 16:38 - Jul 17 by saint22

And he is double jabbed
All going swimmingly

Of course it is. He only has the sniffles.

Third Covid Wave on 17:00 - Jul 17 with 1207 viewsSadoldgit

Third Covid Wave on 16:52 - Jul 17 by JaySaint

Of course it is. He only has the sniffles.

But what if you passed it on to someone before he isolated who gets it worse? For all those who only get sniffles there are some who get long Covid or die.
Third Covid Wave on 17:06 - Jul 17 with 1202 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 17:00 - Jul 17 by Sadoldgit

But what if you passed it on to someone before he isolated who gets it worse? For all those who only get sniffles there are some who get long Covid or die.

Shall we lockdown forever then? This ain't going away

Third Covid Wave on 17:13 - Jul 17 with 1194 viewsSaintsforeverj

Third Covid Wave on 17:00 - Jul 17 by Sadoldgit

From what I understand, it's mostly the unvaccinated who die. Even one jab is something like 80 per cent effective at preventing death. It's 96 per cent for double jabbed and all over 50s and vulnerable have been offered this. All over 18's have been offered a jab, so if they catch it and die because they chose not to be jabbed, that is their choice.

People can choose their own risk now, whereas they couldn't 6 months ago. If you are elderly and double jabbed, you are 96 per cent protected. If you are under 40 and have had one jab, you are also highly unlikely to die or be ill. It's those unvaccinated (a few young but again unvaccinated older people) who get ill or die and that is for the most part, their choice. This is the whole point of the vaccine rollout, that it should mean restrictions arn't needed any more.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 17:33]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Third Covid Wave on 17:32 - Jul 17 with 1174 viewsBerber

Third Covid Wave on 08:41 - Jul 17 by DorsetIan

You’ve completely missed the point.

T&T is meant to avoid large surges. It’s meant to nip them in the bud when numbers are low. It clearly hasn’t done that this time (or any time).

Kicking in when numbers are already through the roof is pointless imo. Especially when the govt otherwise seems very happy for the thing to let rip. It just puts heathy people out of action economically and does very little to control a virus which is already out of control.

It’s like every smoke alarm in your house going off because every single room is on fire. Too late and absolutely nothing to be pleased about.

Of course I get the point. T&T can only operate if people get tested. They may get pinged and are advised to test. If they don't test, and don't isolate they will spread the virus and there is not much anyone can do about it as follow up checks are sporadic. The risk takers who attended the football games and gatherings did little to protect themselves or others, and cannot be relied on to do the right thing if they get symptoms or pinged.

Children at school get two tests a week, in the interim, they could develop the virus with or without symptoms. The vast majority of this wave, early on was driven by children.

A third of all cases are asymptomatic.

Other than enforcing a tight lockdown, which nobody wants, this variant is going to spread no matter what we do. I take your point about T&T being developed, and is best applied early on in waves. However, people were taking the app off their phones before this wave kicked off. There is a significant "I'm not playing" contingent, which also includes most of the non vaxers probably. I'm not saying their is no basis for your argument, but it is far from as causal as you seem to imply. You need to look at the causes, not just the symptoms.
Third Covid Wave on 17:36 - Jul 17 with 1163 viewscocklebreath

Third Covid Wave on 17:06 - Jul 17 by JaySaint

Shall we lockdown forever then? This ain't going away

Are you an anti vaxxer?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Third Covid Wave on 17:38 - Jul 17 with 1159 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 17:36 - Jul 17 by cocklebreath

Are you an anti vaxxer?

Not at all. I have had Jab 1 and just want the country to open up. This is getting ridiculous now.

1.2m people tested per day, 50k+ positiuves cases, around 50 die.

that is remarkably good stats for a disease.

Third Covid Wave on 17:39 - Jul 17 with 1157 viewskentsouthampton

"hospital rates climbing rapidly"

1,224 admissions last week, that's nearly one person per hospital, some of you just love being gaslit.
Third Covid Wave on 17:40 - Jul 17 with 1152 viewsJaySaint

This is how stupid it is all getting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57865404?at_custom2=twitter&at_custom

Third Covid Wave on 17:42 - Jul 17 with 1146 viewskentsouthampton

Third Covid Wave on 17:36 - Jul 17 by cocklebreath

Are you an anti vaxxer?

He's right it's not going away, it will become endemic and younger people will catch it several times in their lifetimes, you can either hide away and ruin your life chances or get on with your life, I know which route I'm going down.
Third Covid Wave on 18:14 - Jul 17 with 1115 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 17:32 - Jul 17 by Berber

Of course I get the point. T&T can only operate if people get tested. They may get pinged and are advised to test. If they don't test, and don't isolate they will spread the virus and there is not much anyone can do about it as follow up checks are sporadic. The risk takers who attended the football games and gatherings did little to protect themselves or others, and cannot be relied on to do the right thing if they get symptoms or pinged.

Children at school get two tests a week, in the interim, they could develop the virus with or without symptoms. The vast majority of this wave, early on was driven by children.

A third of all cases are asymptomatic.

Other than enforcing a tight lockdown, which nobody wants, this variant is going to spread no matter what we do. I take your point about T&T being developed, and is best applied early on in waves. However, people were taking the app off their phones before this wave kicked off. There is a significant "I'm not playing" contingent, which also includes most of the non vaxers probably. I'm not saying their is no basis for your argument, but it is far from as causal as you seem to imply. You need to look at the causes, not just the symptoms.

No, I don’t think you have.

It’s nothing to do with T&T being developed.

It’s all to do with T&T only making sense when it has a chance to control the spread (I.e. when cases are very low) and it being completely pointless (shutting the door after the horse has bolted) and economic madness, to keep applying it in the same way when cases are going crazy like this. Especially if, as you say, a lot of the people who are spreading it won’t be using the T&T app anyway. Just means that sensible people are more likely to get pinged and I’d guess that they‘d be less likely to have it (because they are following the rules). So you end up with thousands isolating - in most cases for no good reason. All attempts to open up the economy will then be defeated by T&T shutting it down by isolating so many workers, while T&T does pretty much f*ck all to slow the spread.

T&T has been so sh1t. I’ll give Sajid Javid one thing. He was very very quick to block Dido Harding from applying to head up the NHS, saying it would be totally inappropriate. A moment of sanity from a government that otherwise seems to prefer having the most useless waste of space in any given role.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Third Covid Wave on 18:59 - Jul 17 with 1093 viewsSteveMoron

Whatever people's reason for remaining unvaccinated, whether it's skepticism or because they simply hate needles or they are influenced by people like our very own MLT, many will sadly die. Pleased it won't be on my conscience.
Get vaccinated ASAP.
Third Covid Wave on 19:08 - Jul 17 with 1081 viewsdwayne_dibley

Third Covid Wave on 18:59 - Jul 17 by SteveMoron

Whatever people's reason for remaining unvaccinated, whether it's skepticism or because they simply hate needles or they are influenced by people like our very own MLT, many will sadly die. Pleased it won't be on my conscience.
Get vaccinated ASAP.

Amen to that

I notice that those who do not get vaccinated and then catch covid suddenly want the NHS to treat them.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Third Covid Wave on 19:34 - Jul 17 with 1067 viewsBerber

Third Covid Wave on 18:14 - Jul 17 by DorsetIan

No, I don’t think you have.

It’s nothing to do with T&T being developed.

It’s all to do with T&T only making sense when it has a chance to control the spread (I.e. when cases are very low) and it being completely pointless (shutting the door after the horse has bolted) and economic madness, to keep applying it in the same way when cases are going crazy like this. Especially if, as you say, a lot of the people who are spreading it won’t be using the T&T app anyway. Just means that sensible people are more likely to get pinged and I’d guess that they‘d be less likely to have it (because they are following the rules). So you end up with thousands isolating - in most cases for no good reason. All attempts to open up the economy will then be defeated by T&T shutting it down by isolating so many workers, while T&T does pretty much f*ck all to slow the spread.

T&T has been so sh1t. I’ll give Sajid Javid one thing. He was very very quick to block Dido Harding from applying to head up the NHS, saying it would be totally inappropriate. A moment of sanity from a government that otherwise seems to prefer having the most useless waste of space in any given role.

Ah, so you think T&T should stop all activities until the numbers come down to manageable numbers? Do even less than they are now? They have no value to add currently? Just depend on those who think they have it to tale a lateral flow test and act as they see fit? Or are you suggesting that we just lock up tight again to mitigate the spread? With R at 1.2-1.4 at present, lockdown would be the only way to control it. What exactly should T&T be doing? Or are you just having a whinge? That is OK by the way. How will new variants be picked up and tracked if T&T don't proactively isolate the most identifiably risky parts of the population?

We would have been delighted if all these pinged people isolated in January, closing down the economy as you say. I don't remember the economy shutting down though, apart from the air travel and hospitality businesses, and frankly, that is where most of the whinging is coming from as I read it. I'll grant that there are other areas being impacted like one of the London Tube lines, but is it anything disastrous? The sensible business leaders are now saying "more home working then,' which seems eminently sensible. There are virologists saying that hospitals are easily able to cope currently, and suggesting that the modelling looks like they will continue to manage.

But there is no media mileage on those stories though. There is lots of information available to anyone who cares to dig it out and analyse it, the media just haven't been *rsed though, pushing the red button instead.
Third Covid Wave on 20:01 - Jul 17 with 1044 viewsSaintsforeverj

Third Covid Wave on 18:59 - Jul 17 by SteveMoron

Get vaccinated ASAP.

This. If every adult gets vaccinated, the discussion about restrictions would become meaningless.

You could catch Covid and die in the worst scenario, or you could just get vaccinated and you are 96 % likely to live .
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 20:08]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Third Covid Wave on 20:17 - Jul 17 with 1024 viewsJaySaint

Third Covid Wave on 20:01 - Jul 17 by Saintsforeverj

This. If every adult gets vaccinated, the discussion about restrictions would become meaningless.

You could catch Covid and die in the worst scenario, or you could just get vaccinated and you are 96 % likely to live .
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 20:08]

Before vaccines, nearly everyone who got Covid not sonly survived, but were fine.
now, the stats are vastly better than that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024