Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McQueen and Elynouissi 15:51 - Jul 16 with 1580 views1teeminants

Now that these two are back in training I wonder if Ralph can get the best out of them . I guess it will save Saints buying a couple of players if they come off . Its been well documented that Ralph wanted 5 new signings, a right back, 2 left backs a winger and a striker. With Peraud and these two that could be 3 so we need 2 more I guess or will Ralph see it like that ? .
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 15:53]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

McQueen and Elynouissi on 16:24 - Jul 16 with 1532 viewssaints__fan__73

McQueen is out of contract. He's just been allowed to train with the club. Unlikely he'll play at a high level again.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

McQueen and Elynouissi on 17:49 - Jul 16 with 1457 views1teeminants

McQueen and Elynouissi on 16:24 - Jul 16 by saints__fan__73

McQueen is out of contract. He's just been allowed to train with the club. Unlikely he'll play at a high level again.

I knew he was badly injured but I didn’t know he may not play again . As for Elynouissi ,Celtic fans think he’s a superb player. I know Pat rates him highly .

McQueen and Elynouissi on 20:45 - Jul 19 with 1094 views1teeminants

McQueen signs new contract 😃

https://saintsmarching.com/2021/07/19/southampton-defender-sam-mcqueen-signs-new

McQueen and Elynouissi on 21:15 - Jul 19 with 1066 viewsSadoldgit

I guess it gives us time to assess him and also gives him an opportunity to get his fitness levels up and perhaps find a club. Good to see the club looking after him.
McQueen and Elynouissi on 06:59 - Jul 20 with 925 views1teeminants

McQueen and Elynouissi on 21:15 - Jul 19 by Sadoldgit

I guess it gives us time to assess him and also gives him an opportunity to get his fitness levels up and perhaps find a club. Good to see the club looking after him.

He had some good games for us when he was fit, yes fair play to Saints for this . Good luck to him .

McQueen and Elynouissi on 09:22 - Jul 20 with 858 viewsSaintNick

You are right, Im sure you will accuse me of being a mouthpiece for the club, but fair play to them for offering him a six month contract so he can try and regain his fitness and find a club, if they had just cast him adrift now he would have found it hard to find a club willing to gamble on him and he would not have been able to get up to the fitness needed on his own.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

McQueen and Elynouissi on 09:31 - Jul 20 with 852 viewsBerber

McQueen and Elynouissi on 17:49 - Jul 16 by 1teeminants

I knew he was badly injured but I didn’t know he may not play again . As for Elynouissi ,Celtic fans think he’s a superb player. I know Pat rates him highly .

SOME of the Celtic fans think Elyounousi is wonderful, there are others that think he is a huge disappointment. The fact that there has been no attempt to sign him permanently after 2 seasons is a judgement on its own. "We'll have him if it's cheap enough." That isn't good enough for the Saints surely? I wouldn't rate him better than Redmond, and we don't need two of him.

McQueen has just had a 6 month extension to his contract. My guess is that the club hope to realise a small fee if he makes it back into full time footy. He is still probably a fair bit away from getting fully match fit for a season though.
McQueen and Elynouissi on 10:15 - Jul 20 with 834 viewsSaintNick

McQueen and Elynouissi on 09:31 - Jul 20 by Berber

SOME of the Celtic fans think Elyounousi is wonderful, there are others that think he is a huge disappointment. The fact that there has been no attempt to sign him permanently after 2 seasons is a judgement on its own. "We'll have him if it's cheap enough." That isn't good enough for the Saints surely? I wouldn't rate him better than Redmond, and we don't need two of him.

McQueen has just had a 6 month extension to his contract. My guess is that the club hope to realise a small fee if he makes it back into full time footy. He is still probably a fair bit away from getting fully match fit for a season though.

I dont think the club are looking for a fee, at the end of the six months he is a free agent, they are just trying to help him out and get fit

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

McQueen and Elynouissi on 10:17 - Jul 20 with 834 views1teeminants

McQueen and Elynouissi on 09:31 - Jul 20 by Berber

I understand what you are saying but some players just hit it off with certain managers. I didn’t think much of Elynouissi in previous appearances for Saints but you never know he may excel in Ralph’s system. As for his fee , Celtic never pay that much for anybody.

McQueen and Elynouissi on 10:30 - Jul 20 with 826 viewsVeloSaint

McQueen and Elynouissi on 10:17 - Jul 20 by 1teeminants

I understand what you are saying but some players just hit it off with certain managers. I didn’t think much of Elynouissi in previous appearances for Saints but you never know he may excel in Ralph’s system. As for his fee , Celtic never pay that much for anybody.

my first thought is his lack of pace surely rules him out for Ralph's system and Ralph has had a look at him before sending him on loan last year. Seems unlikely he'll stay but will depend on who comes in, we may need him.
McQueen and Elynouissi on 15:10 - Jul 20 with 762 viewsBison

Well done Saints at whatever level this was approved at.

Traditionally we are a local family club so looking after one of our own is a real nice gesture.

Nick is right....... sometimes , i dont get all the negativity as whatever happens we will still end up supporting Saints whether we have fans from the Cotswold pushing for massive spending spree's or 'fans' slagging off our best players , personally I_WOULDNT.

Well done Saints.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024