Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Hundred 10:46 - Jul 22 with 1099 viewsButty101

Any cricket lovers out there, bothered with this?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

The Hundred on 11:22 - Jul 22 with 1074 viewsSalisburySaint

Totally against it, ruins the 50 over One Day competition, T20 is enough as a shorter form of the game
The Hundred on 11:29 - Jul 22 with 1063 viewsPatfromPoole

I’m not a cricket fanatic.

Been watching a fair bit over the last few days in isolation.

I think it’s borderline saturation though with The Hundred.

Agree with Terry. T20 is enough. The England v Pakistan matches over the last week have been great.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

The Hundred on 14:42 - Jul 22 with 961 viewsKennington

I’m pretty into cricket, and I have come to reluctantly accept 20/20, mainly because for the first time the missus and her mates have gone to a few games and that means I get more free passes for proper test match days. For that matter I’m not really that keen on 50 over cricket. Cricket should be based around the concept of both teams batting twice. Whether that’s 3,4 or 5 days.

The hundred is a truly bizarre concept and one that makes absolutely no sense to me. At least with 20/20 there are 6 ball overs. How can you have a 5 or 10 ball over? It goes against a basic principle of the game. It’s an abomination and I won’t be watching any of it,

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The Hundred on 16:53 - Jul 22 with 913 viewsBazza

Any of you watch it. It was exciting. Far better than 50 over bore.
Didn’t the Aussies use to have 8 ball overs?
The Hundred on 17:27 - Jul 22 with 885 views1teeminants

I like all forms of cricket , I just enjoy watching it so bring it on . I’ll pop along to see some of it at the Rose bowl ( can’t call it ageas )Anything that makes it more fun for families and gets kids interested is fine by me .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

The Hundred on 18:04 - Jul 22 with 859 viewsKennington

The Hundred on 17:27 - Jul 22 by 1teeminants

I like all forms of cricket , I just enjoy watching it so bring it on . I’ll pop along to see some of it at the Rose bowl ( can’t call it ageas )Anything that makes it more fun for families and gets kids interested is fine by me .

It’s the problem with kids. When I was a lad I loved watching the top bowlers play for and against Hampshire and bowl maidens. Someone like Malcolm Marshall, Akram or Ambrose were superb to watch in the county games, they had such an art to bowling These days when you can only have a couple of fielders in the deep makes it little more than a slogathon. These new games are so weighted in the batting side’s favour they’re just silly.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The Hundred on 19:21 - Jul 22 with 811 views1teeminants

The Hundred on 18:04 - Jul 22 by Kennington

It’s the problem with kids. When I was a lad I loved watching the top bowlers play for and against Hampshire and bowl maidens. Someone like Malcolm Marshall, Akram or Ambrose were superb to watch in the county games, they had such an art to bowling These days when you can only have a couple of fielders in the deep makes it little more than a slogathon. These new games are so weighted in the batting side’s favour they’re just silly.

I know what you mean . I played cricket for many years mainly as a batsman so I like seeing the ball smashed all over the place lol.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

The Hundred on 09:04 - Jul 23 with 614 viewsSteveMoron

I think it's mainly to attract the kids. I'm not against it. I love test cricket but it's not for everyone. We need kids to be watching, especially on terrestrial tv. We are now reaping the rewards of the generation of cricketers that were able to watch the 2005 ashes on ch4. Let's hope more kids get into cricket through watching this.
Login to get fewer ads

The Hundred on 09:32 - Jul 23 with 592 viewsNumber_58

I watched the game last night and I think I prefer the regular T20 stuff. In trying to come up with new ideas the TV coverage was actually worse, especially when they missed a wicket cos they were showing an interview with Carlos Brathwaite - schoolboy error.
If they can get all the biggest stars from all round the world (like the IPL) it might be successful in the future, but without the big Aussie and Indian players it just seems to be the T20 Blast with slightly different rules.
But my biggest bugbear is the logos. They've spent millions on this new format and it looks like the team logos have been designed by a child using clipart and Microsoft Word. WTF is going on with that Oval Invincibles logo?
The Hundred on 11:18 - Jul 23 with 562 viewsdirk_doone

The Hundred on 09:32 - Jul 23 by Number_58

I watched the game last night and I think I prefer the regular T20 stuff. In trying to come up with new ideas the TV coverage was actually worse, especially when they missed a wicket cos they were showing an interview with Carlos Brathwaite - schoolboy error.
If they can get all the biggest stars from all round the world (like the IPL) it might be successful in the future, but without the big Aussie and Indian players it just seems to be the T20 Blast with slightly different rules.
But my biggest bugbear is the logos. They've spent millions on this new format and it looks like the team logos have been designed by a child using clipart and Microsoft Word. WTF is going on with that Oval Invincibles logo?

I watched it too. One of the things that struck me was the joy of the young children who were there. For many of them it was the first time they had been in a big crowd at any sort of event in their lives.

I don't like the format and, being an old, stuck in the mud, traditionalist, will probably never go to it myself but it reminds me very much of the IPL when it first started, and T20 in this country has never quite had those packed, youthful crowds or that noisy atmosphere.

Personally, I'd still get a lot more excited about Hampshire winning the County Championship than the Southern Braves winning the 100 but having been in crowds of a few hundred over 60s, who all bring their own packed lunches and thermos flasks, for county games in a windswept Ageas Bowl, I can understand why they are doing it.

You could tell that Jimmy Anderson was smiling through gritted teeth. He managed to get through it though without saying what he was really thinking. Just as well they didn't invite Geoff Boycott.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 11:21]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The Hundred on 12:39 - Jul 23 with 530 viewsNumber_58

The Hundred on 11:18 - Jul 23 by dirk_doone

I watched it too. One of the things that struck me was the joy of the young children who were there. For many of them it was the first time they had been in a big crowd at any sort of event in their lives.

I don't like the format and, being an old, stuck in the mud, traditionalist, will probably never go to it myself but it reminds me very much of the IPL when it first started, and T20 in this country has never quite had those packed, youthful crowds or that noisy atmosphere.

Personally, I'd still get a lot more excited about Hampshire winning the County Championship than the Southern Braves winning the 100 but having been in crowds of a few hundred over 60s, who all bring their own packed lunches and thermos flasks, for county games in a windswept Ageas Bowl, I can understand why they are doing it.

You could tell that Jimmy Anderson was smiling through gritted teeth. He managed to get through it though without saying what he was really thinking. Just as well they didn't invite Geoff Boycott.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 11:21]

Some of those kids might possibly have been experiencing cricket for the first time, but the chances are that most would have been to The Oval before for the T20 Blast where there are great deals for kids and the atmosphere is always good. It's not as though kids have never had access to watching professional cricket before. In fact, if the ECB really wanted to get thousands more kids watching live cricket they should have given franchises to towns all over the country and not just a few cities where cricket is already well established. My mate is a Somerset supporter and he's well peeved that the West Country has been totally overlooked. I'm sure people in Sussex and many other parts of the country feel the same.
The other reason The Hundred will never be as big or good as the IPL or Big Bash is the good old British weather. On a hot and balmy London evening like last night it looked fantastic. Tomorrow night when the rain is lashing down and there's one brave spectator cowering under an umbrella I'm not so sure it'll look quite so appealing on TV.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 12:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024