Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People without masks in supermarkets... 14:20 - Jul 24 with 5563 viewsDorsetIan

I’d say there were about 300 people in Morrisons this morning, and I counted about 10 not wearing masks.

It’s heartening to see most people are still looking out for each other, but the interesting thing about the 10 is how they are now deliberately identifying themselves as different - Independent free thinkers, more informed about masks and viruses (and probably vaccines) than the other 290 sheep like me in there.

I was watching them. Some looked shifty. Some looked defiant. I’m sure a lot of people were judging them. I know I was.

I have heard of some people being told by the unmasked that we don’t need to wear masks any more. I’m looking forward to somebody making a comment like that to me.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

People without masks in supermarkets... on 14:26 - Jul 24 with 2765 viewsSaintsforeverj

So what are the mask wearers protecting double jabbed or single jabbed under 30's people from?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 14:27]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

People without masks in supermarkets... on 14:34 - Jul 24 with 2748 viewsthissceptredsaint

Covid, you can still get it and still die from it.

Johnson waved a magic wand and made it go away?
People without masks in supermarkets... on 14:50 - Jul 24 with 2728 viewsSaintsforeverj

People without masks in supermarkets... on 14:34 - Jul 24 by thissceptredsaint

Covid, you can still get it and still die from it.

Johnson waved a magic wand and made it go away?

Actually, we have one of the best vaccination programmes in the world, which has enabled our freedom (call that a magic wand of you like). The reason people can't enjoy the Olympics in Japan is because only 25 % are vaccinated. You only get it and die if you haven't been jabbed (Ok to be precise 96% protection). Everyone has been offered one. No harm in wearing a mask, but there arguable isn't a need to now, like there was before.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 14:51]

People without masks in supermarkets... on 15:06 - Jul 24 with 2700 viewsluffy22

My daughter works in the local Sainsbury's, on the first couple days it was near 50% of people not wearing masks, but now has moved to about 20% not wearing them. The majority of community focused people have realised that we do still need to keep each other safe and are doing as asked by the government and scientists, which is to keep the masks on.

The wearing of the mask is not for my protection, its for others, if I have covid it stops me spreading through my breath, and personally, I don't want someone else death to be caused by me (although I don't knowingly have covid) so I wear mask. And it's not too much to ask others to do the same.
People without masks in supermarkets... on 15:35 - Jul 24 with 2668 views1885_SFC

People without masks in supermarkets... on 15:06 - Jul 24 by luffy22

My daughter works in the local Sainsbury's, on the first couple days it was near 50% of people not wearing masks, but now has moved to about 20% not wearing them. The majority of community focused people have realised that we do still need to keep each other safe and are doing as asked by the government and scientists, which is to keep the masks on.

The wearing of the mask is not for my protection, its for others, if I have covid it stops me spreading through my breath, and personally, I don't want someone else death to be caused by me (although I don't knowingly have covid) so I wear mask. And it's not too much to ask others to do the same.

Exactly this.

Quite a few lary little fúckers out & about have decided to ditch their masks in the shops - mainly to say "Look at me - sheeple. I won't be told what to do". I'm looking forward to seeing a few of them get a good slap.

Old School is Cool

People without masks in supermarkets... on 15:45 - Jul 24 with 2662 viewsKennington

I’d say it’s about 50% wearing masks on London transport, which is piss poor. The arrogance of these non mask wearers really annoys me, and also the lack of enforcement. I’d be hanging out £100 fines to anyone that’s non compliant. Instead there is zero enforcement from Sadie Khan. The point of masks is to recognise that although you may be double jabbed and swimming in anti bodies that we are a collective society which looks out for others. The fact that we have 35-40,000 covid cases illustrates how stupid the non mask wearers are as the country is still riddled with covid.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 15:56]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

People without masks in supermarkets... on 18:02 - Jul 24 with 2581 viewssaint22

People without masks in supermarkets... on 15:45 - Jul 24 by Kennington

I’d say it’s about 50% wearing masks on London transport, which is piss poor. The arrogance of these non mask wearers really annoys me, and also the lack of enforcement. I’d be hanging out £100 fines to anyone that’s non compliant. Instead there is zero enforcement from Sadie Khan. The point of masks is to recognise that although you may be double jabbed and swimming in anti bodies that we are a collective society which looks out for others. The fact that we have 35-40,000 covid cases illustrates how stupid the non mask wearers are as the country is still riddled with covid.

Agreed
You just know all those types now not wearing them have been on a furlough holiday since last year
I thought the majority on the tube earlier in the week were still wearing but it seems to have dropped off
I keep seeing distinctly nonplussed tube workers watching people but doing F all
People without masks in supermarkets... on 20:58 - Jul 24 with 2491 viewsSadoldgit

People without masks in supermarkets... on 14:26 - Jul 24 by Saintsforeverj

So what are the mask wearers protecting double jabbed or single jabbed under 30's people from?

Covid
Login to get fewer ads

People without masks in supermarkets... on 22:57 - Jul 24 with 2416 viewskingslandstand1

People without masks in supermarkets... on 15:45 - Jul 24 by Kennington

And at risk of upsetting maybe some on here, I'd guess the majority of the non wearrs were under 30?
People without masks in supermarkets... on 23:12 - Jul 24 with 2406 viewsWaylander

People without masks in supermarkets... on 14:26 - Jul 24 by Saintsforeverj

Double-jabbed can still catch it and transmit it and ultimately it can pass to someone immune-compromised whose vaccinations did not produce an immune response. There are a lot of people trying to life normal lives with damaged immune systems - anyone who has had a transplant, leukaemia patients and others on chemo. You probably know someone in this position.
People without masks in supermarkets... on 23:59 - Jul 24 with 2379 viewsSaintsforeverj

People without masks in supermarkets... on 23:12 - Jul 24 by Waylander

Double-jabbed can still catch it and transmit it and ultimately it can pass to someone immune-compromised whose vaccinations did not produce an immune response. There are a lot of people trying to life normal lives with damaged immune systems - anyone who has had a transplant, leukaemia patients and others on chemo. You probably know someone in this position.

You are saying that people should wear masks forever to protect those people? Covid will be with us forever now and so those people will be at risk forever.

In 3 weeks time, 32 000 people will be at St Mary's for the Man U game. I feel safe because of being vaccinated, whether people wear masks or not and everyone has that opportunity (apart from the people you mention, but they have always had to protect themselves from many diseases). I'm assuming all the fans won't all wear masks. I guess if you had immunity illnesses you wouldn't go anyway, as you could catch other diseases too.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 0:38]

People without masks in supermarkets... on 06:39 - Jul 25 with 2288 viewssaintwizzler

It’s the same with people moaning about covid passports to get into PL games, some of which have had both jabs!

If you are not fully vaccinated why the flying funk would you mix with 32k at Fortress St Marys!!?
Or 76k of Man Utd fans from all round the UK.

If you refuse the jab then no NHS treatment WHEN you get it.
Using a bed that someone else needs.
Time to get tough BoZo.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

People without masks in supermarkets... on 07:56 - Jul 25 with 2234 viewsTripleNiemi

People without masks in supermarkets... on 06:39 - Jul 25 by saintwizzler

It’s the same with people moaning about covid passports to get into PL games, some of which have had both jabs!

If you are not fully vaccinated why the flying funk would you mix with 32k at Fortress St Marys!!?

Time to get tough BoZo.

'Fortress St. Marys'.........Me fears it's gonna need to be this season....

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

People without masks in supermarkets... on 08:31 - Jul 25 with 2204 viewsJaySaint

People without masks in supermarkets... on 06:39 - Jul 25 by saintwizzler

Time to get tough BoZo.

what next, if you are 2kg overweight, NO NHS treatment (you have seen the new initiative about govt tracking what you eat)

if you smoke, NO NHS treatment

If you drive 35 in a 30, NO NHS treatment

If you support Saints, NO NHS treatment in the PO postcode

What about those who did not work during lockdown? should they be denied NHS treatment, so that those who did a shift, can get some perks?

where does it stop?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 9:12]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

People without masks in supermarkets... on 08:46 - Jul 25 with 2189 viewsRon11

I had that very comment made to me (with mask) in Tesco Bursledon on Friday, when a skanky nicotine stained object leaned right across me (minus mask). When I made a polite 'excuse me' comment, the reply was 'don't need 'em any more, moosh'.
Perhaps less politely, I replied, 'fu ck off and die then'.
People without masks in supermarkets... on 09:21 - Jul 25 with 2147 viewsSalisburySaint

People without masks in supermarkets... on 22:57 - Jul 24 by kingslandstand1

And at risk of upsetting maybe some on here, I'd guess the majority of the non wearrs were under 30?

Got the train too and from Fareham yesterday.

Despite train company insisting on all passengers wearing masks while travelling, several didn’t on a busy train, all of them under 30.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 9:22]
People without masks in supermarkets... on 09:28 - Jul 25 with 2137 viewsJellybaby

So the prisoners have become the prison guards. Some of you on here are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and will never want to reclaim your freedoms, as it is more comfortable being told what to do than to make your own intelligent decisions.

Audlos Huxley foresaw this long ago - " A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude". Welcome to Brave New World.

Fast heading towards a communist Chinese credit system, some of you may regret your slavish conformity then.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

People without masks in supermarkets... on 10:29 - Jul 25 with 2082 viewsSadoldgit

Someone making their own “intelligent decision” could cause the death of someone else? Do you remember the stupidity of some people last year, including the PM who was happy to go round shaking hands with people when he had the virus?
People without masks in supermarkets... on 11:18 - Jul 25 with 2041 viewsDorsetIan

People without masks in supermarkets... on 08:46 - Jul 25 by Ron11

I had that very comment made to me (with mask) in Tesco Bursledon on Friday, when a skanky nicotine stained object leaned right across me (minus mask). When I made a polite 'excuse me' comment, the reply was 'don't need 'em any more, moosh'.
Perhaps less politely, I replied, 'fu ck off and die then'.

Yes, the time for politeness has long passed. Watching all those complete loons in Trafalgar Square (and on stage) yesterday made me realise just what the challenge is.

People without masks in supermarkets... on 11:29 - Jul 25 with 2034 viewsDorsetIan

People without masks in supermarkets... on 09:28 - Jul 25 by Jellybaby

So the prisoners have become the prison guards. Some of you on here are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and will never want to reclaim your freedoms, as it is more comfortable being told what to do than to make your own intelligent decisions.

Audlos Huxley foresaw this long ago - " A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude". Welcome to Brave New World.

Fast heading towards a communist Chinese credit system, some of you may regret your slavish conformity then.

The thing you don't seem to understand Jelly is that people are exercising their freedom.

I am exercising my freedom to wear a mask because I want to protect my fellow citizens from catching anything from me.

All morality is based on the exercise of free choice, and there is a pretty good argument that it would be morally repugnant to expose others to disease simply to save myself the hassle of wearing a paper mask while I do my shopping. Like refusing to wade into a shallow pond to save a drowning child to avoid getting my shoes wet.

People without masks in supermarkets... on 12:32 - Jul 25 with 1981 viewsdwayne_dibley

People without masks in supermarkets... on 09:28 - Jul 25 by Jellybaby

I will continue to wear a mask and have as many vaccine shots as needed.

However I am extremely happy to see morons not wearing masks and refusing the vaccine in the hope that they get covid. This will remove them from the genepool, let them die in agony knowing they will have infected family and loved ones.

May I recommend the mask and vax refusers for this years Darwin Awards.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

People without masks in supermarkets... on 12:39 - Jul 25 with 1976 viewsBison

People without masks in supermarkets... on 12:32 - Jul 25 by dwayne_dibley

I will continue to wear a mask and have as many vaccine shots as needed.

However I am extremely happy to see morons not wearing masks and refusing the vaccine in the hope that they get covid. This will remove them from the genepool, let them die in agony knowing they will have infected family and loved ones.

May I recommend the mask and vax refusers for this years Darwin Awards.

When will French Kissing be allowed again ?

Perhaps in the years to come instead of couples waiting for the wedding night for their first shag it will be their first kiss....

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

People without masks in supermarkets... on 15:25 - Jul 25 with 1879 viewsdwayne_dibley

People without masks in supermarkets... on 12:39 - Jul 25 by Bison

When will French Kissing be allowed again ?

Perhaps in the years to come instead of couples waiting for the wedding night for their first shag it will be their first kiss....

is France not on the amber list?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

People without masks in supermarkets... on 15:35 - Jul 25 with 1868 viewssaint22

People without masks in supermarkets... on 08:31 - Jul 25 by JaySaint

what next, if you are 2kg overweight, NO NHS treatment (you have seen the new initiative about govt tracking what you eat)

if you smoke, NO NHS treatment

If you drive 35 in a 30, NO NHS treatment

If you support Saints, NO NHS treatment in the PO postcode

What about those who did not work during lockdown? should they be denied NHS treatment, so that those who did a shift, can get some perks?

where does it stop?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 9:12]

For once you actually make an interesting point, smokers should pay for treatments related to their habit
And fat people should get taxed more, why should I pay the same on an airline for myself and baggage for some overweight over eater twice my size to pay the same, burn more fuel you pay more - weigh baggage and pax I say
People without masks in supermarkets... on 15:54 - Jul 25 with 1842 viewsSaintsforeverj

People without masks in supermarkets... on 15:35 - Jul 25 by saint22

For once you actually make an interesting point, smokers should pay for treatments related to their habit
And fat people should get taxed more, why should I pay the same on an airline for myself and baggage for some overweight over eater twice my size to pay the same, burn more fuel you pay more - weigh baggage and pax I say

The difference here is that addiction is an illness and a far more complex issue than someone going to their local vaccination centre for a one off jab, that doesn't hurt, is perfectly safe and saves millions of lives. In in a civilised society, we couldn't ever leave people to die because of this or that, but the non vaccinated shouldn't be allowed into venues or near other people. Giving up smoking, alcohol or over eating isn't as easy as getting a jab.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 15:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024