Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict 09:40 - Jul 28 with 818 viewsSaintsNews

Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict 28th Jul 2021 09:35
Saints pre season stepped up a notch as they travelled to South Wales for a training camp and the first of two friendly fixtures in the Principality, again the team was split as Ralph Hasenhuttl looked to get his team back in the groove. 4

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict on 09:59 - Jul 28 with 796 viewsSonicBoom

As we all know friendlies mean pretty much nothing. Win or lose tells you nothing about the season to come. I really hope that we see something from Djenepo this year. It's a critical season for him. We've seen him do great things in flashes but too often he disappears in games. He does knuckle down and do a job at times but that's not really why we bought him. We bought him to do what he did last night. Create something out of nothing.

He needs to impose himself on games and Ralph needs to find a way to get him to contribute to the team more without stiffling his flair and so far I don't think he's managed that. This season is probably his last chance to show whether he is going to be a success or just another Boufal.
Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict on 10:05 - Jul 28 with 780 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict on 09:59 - Jul 28 by SonicBoom

As we all know friendlies mean pretty much nothing. Win or lose tells you nothing about the season to come. I really hope that we see something from Djenepo this year. It's a critical season for him. We've seen him do great things in flashes but too often he disappears in games. He does knuckle down and do a job at times but that's not really why we bought him. We bought him to do what he did last night. Create something out of nothing.

He needs to impose himself on games and Ralph needs to find a way to get him to contribute to the team more without stiffling his flair and so far I don't think he's managed that. This season is probably his last chance to show whether he is going to be a success or just another Boufal.

In his dreams he could become as good as Boufal !

Seriously, you are right, he needs to show that he can be an effective attacking player.

Personally, I think he's had enough chances to do show that and we could waste a good few matches at the beginning of next season finding out what we already know.

But very happy to be proved wrong. He's young. Sometimes things click for players.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict on 10:53 - Jul 28 with 726 viewssaint22

Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict on 10:05 - Jul 28 by DorsetIan

Seriously, you are right, he needs to show that he can be an effective attacking player.

Personally, I think he's had enough chances to do show that and we could waste a good few matches at the beginning of next season finding out what we already know.

But very happy to be proved wrong. He's young. Sometimes things click for players.

Equally he needs to be played in a position that allows him to use his ability
If he keeps getting played as a LB that's not gonna help him at all
He too often goes missing makes rash tackles and gives the ball away to play back there
Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict on 11:00 - Jul 28 with 717 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict on 10:05 - Jul 28 by DorsetIan

His goal at Cardiff reminded of Boufal's goal v Sunderland:

It seems that in North Africa and the Arab world, Boufal is regarded as a football genius:

But, Djenepo is stonger and a bit more consistent than the Boufal we saw at Southampton. I hope he has a good season.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict on 11:12 - Jul 28 with 701 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict on 11:00 - Jul 28 by dirk_doone

His goal at Cardiff reminded of Boufal's goal v Sunderland:

It seems that in North Africa and the Arab world, Boufal is regarded as a football genius:

But, Djenepo is stonger and a bit more consistent than the Boufal we saw at Southampton. I hope he has a good season.

My immediate thought when I saw the Djenepo goal too. But Boufal's was better and in a competitive game and on his debut!

I also think that Boufal is a genius. That stat when he beat Messi in the Spanish League is significant.

The mystery for me is how noone could find an effective role for him in the team.

For me the difference between Boufal and Djenepo is how comfortable on the ball they are. Boufal 9/10. Djenepo 4/10 (if I'm being very generous).

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict on 12:31 - Jul 28 with 653 viewssaints__fan__73

3 PL goals in 4 seasons? I think most pro footballers could be as 'good' as Bouawful.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton At Cardiff City The Pre Season Verdict on 16:31 - Jul 28 with 494 viewsSadoldgit

Djenepo has the potential to be a decent player for us. I think last year set him back a bit where it seemed he was being coached to play more defensively but we know he can go past players and we know he can score goals. He puts in a shift, we just need to get consistency out of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024