Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid 15:34 - Jul 30 with 5130 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19481160.saints-turn-aston-villa-james-ward-pr

Grealish off the Man City by the looks of it. Villa want Ward-Prowse. How much will they be prepared to offer?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:11 - Jul 30 with 2798 viewsButty101

25mill they are taking the pee. Thats a bid to make them look like they have ambition. That would need to be doubled as a minimum.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:15 - Jul 30 with 2790 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:11 - Jul 30 by Butty101

25mill they are taking the pee. Thats a bid to make them look like they have ambition. That would need to be doubled as a minimum.

They are trying their luck with a pathetic offer. Saints will probably accept something like 40 million with add ons. Villa will come back with another bid when Grealish is sold I bet.

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:19 - Jul 30 with 2766 views1ASIN12

Depending on whether JWP want to go or not I can see Saints “resolve” cracking at around £40 million .

Like Ings I hope if we do sell we cash in soon and get their replacements in quickly.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 16:25]
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:20 - Jul 30 with 2766 viewsBicester_North

If Leicester got about £50M for Ben Chilwell we should be looking £60M at least

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:21 - Jul 30 with 2755 viewsI_would

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:20 - Jul 30 by Bicester_North

If Leicester got about £50M for Ben Chilwell we should be looking £60M at least

For a player that scores a goal every nine games? Snatch their hand off.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:43 - Jul 30 with 2686 viewssaint22

Why would he go to Villa other than cash, and will they really pay him that much more?
Plus if Grealish is off who is to say they will be any higher than us
I know they are all in it for the money but i would like to think JWP has a bit more about him
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:45 - Jul 30 with 2685 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:43 - Jul 30 by saint22

Why would he go to Villa other than cash, and will they really pay him that much more?
Plus if Grealish is off who is to say they will be any higher than us
I know they are all in it for the money but i would like to think JWP has a bit more about him

They will probably triple his wages and they are much more ambitious than us, so he would probably want to go. It is mostly about money im afraid. And the more clubs pay, the more ambitious the player thinks the club is.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 16:47]

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:06 - Jul 30 with 2622 viewsSadoldgit

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:45 - Jul 30 by Saintsforeverj

They will probably triple his wages and they are much more ambitious than us, so he would probably want to go. It is mostly about money im afraid. And the more clubs pay, the more ambitious the player thinks the club is.

So he would go to Brentford for more money?
Login to get fewer ads

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:12 - Jul 30 with 2601 viewssaints__fan__73

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:06 - Jul 30 by Sadoldgit

Yes. If Brentford could afford to triple his wages they would have to be a club with any financial weight to be pushing for Europe so would be a step above us on the ladder.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:18 - Jul 30 with 2587 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:06 - Jul 30 by Sadoldgit

Yes, in the same way that Sol Campbell, Merson, lua Lua, David James, and the rest went to the smallest dump of a club in the country, for the money. I'm sure you would agree, nobody would go near Portsmouth unless they were paid millions.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 17:20]

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:30 - Jul 30 with 2552 viewssaint22

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:45 - Jul 30 by Saintsforeverj

Fair point but I think a Villa minus Grealish is a much less likely to succeed club
That said if we lose JWP Ings and Vest we will be in a bit of a mess
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:38 - Jul 30 with 2544 viewsBerber

Especially as Ben White has just gone to the gooners for £50m, not that I think he is worth that much.
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:55 - Jul 30 with 2519 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:30 - Jul 30 by saint22

Fair point but I think a Villa minus Grealish is a much less likely to succeed club
That said if we lose JWP Ings and Vest we will be in a bit of a mess

I totally agree. We would be leaving it late to get replacements. The squad is already smaller this year. 8 have left, only 3 or 4 in. This after Ralph said he wants a much bigger squad.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 18:06]

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:04 - Jul 30 with 2376 viewsSadoldgit

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:18 - Jul 30 by Saintsforeverj

Yes, in the same way that Sol Campbell, Merson, lua Lua, David James, and the rest went to the smallest dump of a club in the country, for the money. I'm sure you would agree, nobody would go near Portsmouth unless they were paid millions.

Yet some people do. I have no doubt that some people are happy to put aside ambition for cash, but you can’t tar everybody with the same brush. I don’t believe for one minute that players of the quality of Ings and JWP, both with International ambitions, would leave us for a club more likely not to be in the PL next season.
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:22 - Jul 30 with 2359 viewskingslandstand1

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 16:19 - Jul 30 by 1ASIN12

Depending on whether JWP want to go or not I can see Saints “resolve” cracking at around £40 million .

Like Ings I hope if we do sell we cash in soon and get their replacements in quickly.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 16:25]

Guarantee only about 25% of whatever we get in from zny sales will be reinvested in the team with any new players
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:38 - Jul 30 with 2339 viewsSadoldgit

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:22 - Jul 30 by kingslandstand1

Guarantee only about 25% of whatever we get in from zny sales will be reinvested in the team with any new players

Why would that be? The money has been reinvested in the squad before.
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 21:10 - Jul 30 with 2307 viewsSteveMoron

This is a whole new low for Saints if we sell him to a mid table side.
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 21:46 - Jul 30 with 2263 viewssaintwizzler

This is true.
Unfortunately we were blessed by loyalty in the form of Matthew Le Tissier which we’d hope others would follow.

But they don’t, and in fairness would you with the stupid wages thrown about by other clubs!?

Ings, Grealish move and double their wages and play 50% less. Easy money.

All depends what mindset you are.
Money is god to a lot of people.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 11:13 - Jul 31 with 1942 viewskingslandstand1

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 20:38 - Jul 30 by Sadoldgit

Why would that be? The money has been reinvested in the squad before.

So are you expecting any blinding replacements?

If the 3 being spoken about as "marketable" go that is our spine gone. The club's aim seems to be to finish 17th or above
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 11:51 - Jul 31 with 1897 viewskingslandstand1

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 17:12 - Jul 30 by saints__fan__73

Yes. If Brentford could afford to triple his wages they would have to be a club with any financial weight to be pushing for Europe so would be a step above us on the ladder.

It happened with Blackburn back in 94 or 96 or whenever it was following Jack Walkers cash and it paid off winning the title and a couple of yesrs (only) of success

And we all know what a sh1tole that place is
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 12:45 - Jul 31 with 1879 viewsSadoldgit

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 11:13 - Jul 31 by kingslandstand1

So are you expecting any blinding replacements?

If the 3 being spoken about as "marketable" go that is our spine gone. The club's aim seems to be to finish 17th or above

None of these players have gone yet and no one is irreplaceable. They will go sooner or later and guess what, they will be replaced.
Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 22:12 - Aug 1 with 1660 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Would that be the club that has a record attendance of around 20k more than your club, and the club that has 4 times as many major honours?

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 22:22 - Aug 1 with 1647 viewssaintwizzler

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 22:12 - Aug 1 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Would that be the club that has a record attendance of around 20k more than your club, and the club that has 4 times as many major honours?

Be buggered they are all at it today!
Man City and Pompey fans on here!
Must be slow on their forums.
Must be a sad old life life defending their teams of a weekend behind a keyboard.

Much love

The Clown
😂

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 22:34 - Aug 1 with 1626 viewsSaintNick

Is that Huddersfield you are talking about or perhaps it is Preston North End perhaps

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ward-Prowse - Saints turn down Villa bid on 22:41 - Aug 1 with 1621 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Ah the over developed camel toe returns.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024