Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Cofirm Livramento "No Brainer" Signing From Chelsea 20:40 - Aug 2 with 639 viewsSaintsNews

Southampton Confirm Livramento "No Brainer" Signing From Chelsea 2nd Aug 2021 20:38
Saints have made their second signing of another of Chelsea's promising academy players with the acquisition of Valentino Livramento and according to the player himself swapping Stamford Bridge for St Mary's was a no brainer. 2

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Cofirm Livramento "No Brainer" Signing From Chelsea on 20:52 - Aug 2 with 603 viewsBicester_North

Ralph gets some stick and rightly at times but he seems to have a likeability and real enthusiasm which can attract players, as this lad has said here.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Southampton Cofirm Livramento "No Brainer" Signing From Chelsea on 21:39 - Aug 2 with 559 viewsButty101

Southampton Cofirm Livramento "No Brainer" Signing From Chelsea on 20:52 - Aug 2 by Bicester_North

Ralph gets some stick and rightly at times but he seems to have a likeability and real enthusiasm which can attract players, as this lad has said here.

No idea if he’s any good , let’s hope so. His credentials sound good.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton Cofirm Livramento "No Brainer" Signing From Chelsea on 21:41 - Aug 2 with 556 viewsBicester_North

Southampton Cofirm Livramento "No Brainer" Signing From Chelsea on 21:39 - Aug 2 by Butty101

No idea if he’s any good , let’s hope so. His credentials sound good.

Me neither, all I’m going by is that Chelsea fans seem amazed they’ve let him go

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Southampton Cofirm Livramento "No Brainer" Signing From Chelsea on 21:51 - Aug 2 with 546 viewsthissceptredsaint

Well I was initially very impressed at this deal. But reading down Chelsea have a 25 million quid buy back clause. So we pay 5 million for the privilege of making him a full blown England player, if he is as good as the hype and Chelsea come knocking and get back a 50 million quid plus asset for 25 million.

We got him on a kind of loan.

Every saints silver lining has a flipping cloud on the horizon.
Southampton Cofirm Livramento "No Brainer" Signing From Chelsea on 22:33 - Aug 2 with 503 viewsDorsetIan

He seems like a very promising player.

My initial concern was that he seems to be a 'right wing back' that can also play on the left and I wonder if he will now be seen as cover for both KWP and Perraud.

I see he can also play as an attacking midfielder too, so maybe Ralph sees him as cover for a number of different positions. Or maybe he'll make one of them his own.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton Cofirm Livramento "No Brainer" Signing From Chelsea on 22:34 - Aug 2 with 503 viewswashington_saint

Southampton Cofirm Livramento "No Brainer" Signing From Chelsea on 21:51 - Aug 2 by thissceptredsaint

Well I was initially very impressed at this deal. But reading down Chelsea have a 25 million quid buy back clause. So we pay 5 million for the privilege of making him a full blown England player, if he is as good as the hype and Chelsea come knocking and get back a 50 million quid plus asset for 25 million.

We got him on a kind of loan.

Every saints silver lining has a flipping cloud on the horizon.

No-one knows what any buy back clause is but at least 2 outlets are reporting it at around 40 million.

I love the direction the club is going, buying top young talent by offering them a pathway to regular game time. We don;t have the money to splash out 20+ million on a player and this feels far more sustainable for a club our size and the upside - both financially and sporting - is significant.

A very different route from other clubs our size.
Southampton Cofirm Livramento "No Brainer" Signing From Chelsea on 22:49 - Aug 2 with 479 viewsthissceptredsaint

Nicks article claims it's 25 million. 40 million is a bit more palatable, ultimately though, it's a long loan cos Chelsea have that cash.

The 40 mill means he'll be here a little longer. I agree in principle but we need to properly own these players, negativity aside that's 2 Chelsea youngsters coming here to play football. That's a great sign. If we need any forwards during the season of course we can nick that skate one that looks actually ok. He's bound to have a doable release clause.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024