Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colin Clarke 00:03 - Aug 9 with 1328 viewscocklebreath

Can’t post on the other site but he was my favourite player after Danny Wallace, scored a load of goals for us, reminds me of telly text days.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Colin Clarke on 07:56 - Aug 9 with 1239 viewsChesham_Saint

Wow Cockle. I have to say I didn’t rate him at all. In fact my mates and I used to joke that the QE2 had a faster turning circle than him..!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Colin Clarke on 08:18 - Aug 9 with 1225 viewsUlsterBaz

A World Cup legend too! 😂
Colin Clarke on 08:22 - Aug 9 with 1223 viewsVeloSaint

First Saints goal I ever saw was a Colin Clarke header. Not the most agile but knew where the goal was. Must have liked the south coast with appearances for Cherries and Pompey.
Colin Clarke on 08:36 - Aug 9 with 1211 viewsSaintNick

As some one has said he knew where the net was, not the fastest or most agile but he knew how to score, 82 League games played and 36 goals, but after two great seasons it all ended a bit suddenly

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Colin Clarke on 09:24 - Aug 9 with 1163 views1885_SFC

I remember the league game in '87 at Fratton when I was sat with a mate up in the stands with the great unwashed. It finished 2-2 and Clarkey scored them both.

Old School is Cool

Colin Clarke on 09:37 - Aug 9 with 1148 viewsButty101

Colin Clarke on 09:24 - Aug 9 by 1885_SFC

I remember the league game in '87 at Fratton when I was sat with a mate up in the stands with the great unwashed. It finished 2-2 and Clarkey scored them both.

Great find 1885!!

I think Clarke got edge out becuase shearer, lettis and wallaces were coming through. Clarke was a fav of mine

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Colin Clarke on 09:54 - Aug 9 with 1132 viewsBuenosSaint

Colin Clarke on 08:36 - Aug 9 by SaintNick

As some one has said he knew where the net was, not the fastest or most agile but he knew how to score, 82 League games played and 36 goals, but after two great seasons it all ended a bit suddenly

I remember when he came back layer to play against saints qpr? and there was a huge chant of "youuu fat b**tard" He just turned round and smiled holding up fingers indicating the score 0-2...

Poll: The Long Future

Colin Clarke on 17:16 - Aug 9 with 1001 viewscocklebreath

Colin Clarke on 09:24 - Aug 9 by 1885_SFC

Micky Channon going for a Pompey win and acting like a fan Ffs Micky sort it out

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Colin Clarke on 08:48 - Aug 10 with 889 viewsSaintNick

Colin Clarke on 17:16 - Aug 9 by cocklebreath

Micky Channon going for a Pompey win and acting like a fan Ffs Micky sort it out

The crowd at this game was only 20,000, around 8,000 short of Pompey's best of the season, we took about 3,500 -4,000 to the game, it seemed that a lot stayed away from both sides due to the violence at the cup game 3 years earlier

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Colin Clarke on 09:58 - Aug 10 with 853 views1885_SFC

Underrated player was Glenn Cockerill. That video above brings back some great memories.

I was in TGI Fridays in Park Gate one Saturday night not long after it had opened. I had been to see Saints at The Dell earlier that day. Glenn Cockerill and Micky Adams were sat at the other side of the bar. When the barman served me, I told him to get one each of whatever they were drinking. I'd just come back from a couple of months at sea of course and the money in my pocket was burning a big hole haha! They both raised their bottles and said cheers. I went for a pee some time later & Cockerill was in the loo - absolutely shítfaced. We had a chat about the game earlier on that day, he said cheers for the beer, mumbled & blurbed some other footy stuff that I couldn't make head or tail of, then left. Micky Adams wasn't in any better state sat at the bar! Good lads those two.

Old school is cool. They don't make them like that any more

Old School is Cool

Colin Clarke on 17:12 - Aug 10 with 800 viewsChesham_Saint

Colin Clarke on 09:58 - Aug 10 by 1885_SFC

Underrated player was Glenn Cockerill. That video above brings back some great memories.

I was in TGI Fridays in Park Gate one Saturday night not long after it had opened. I had been to see Saints at The Dell earlier that day. Glenn Cockerill and Micky Adams were sat at the other side of the bar. When the barman served me, I told him to get one each of whatever they were drinking. I'd just come back from a couple of months at sea of course and the money in my pocket was burning a big hole haha! They both raised their bottles and said cheers. I went for a pee some time later & Cockerill was in the loo - absolutely shítfaced. We had a chat about the game earlier on that day, he said cheers for the beer, mumbled & blurbed some other footy stuff that I couldn't make head or tail of, then left. Micky Adams wasn't in any better state sat at the bar! Good lads those two.

Old school is cool. They don't make them like that any more

Cockerill was a quality player. I remember his lovely goal against Brighton in the Cup (together will a bullet header from Steve Moran) an interesting day out interacting with the locals who were trying to go a bit “pompey” on us, but failed.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024