Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester bid for Vestergaard 15:30 - Aug 11 with 1095 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-

So if we get 18 to 20 million, we should have the money to spend on another defender and another midfielder perhaps.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 15:31]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 19:54 - Aug 11 with 908 viewskingslandstand1

I've heard the club have accepted £15m bid
Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:11 - Aug 11 with 874 viewsgrumpy

Doesn't it concern anyone that a team as good as Leicester are prepared to pay so much money on a player that so many on here think is not good enough for us?
Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:11 - Aug 11 with 873 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 19:54 - Aug 11 by kingslandstand1

I've heard the club have accepted £15m bid

Yeah they have I think. We could easily replace him I think.

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:17 - Aug 11 with 855 viewsDorsetIan

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:11 - Aug 11 by grumpy

Doesn't it concern anyone that a team as good as Leicester are prepared to pay so much money on a player that so many on here think is not good enough for us?

Is it because he's a defender that fulfils a particular role that can only work if there are other defenders who can provide cover for his weaknesses.

At Saints he looked at his worst when he was most exposed.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:28 - Aug 11 with 830 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s not that much.

£15 million is your standard fee for a scuffling Prem player with 2 or 3 years experience in the League.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:30 - Aug 11 with 824 viewsSaintsforeverj

The way I see it is that he played in a lot of our games and Saints conceded a lot of goals. Last season he did look good at times, but we still conceded goals and he made mistakes. He is another one that if he wants to go, we might as well let him go and get a player in who wants to be here. Hopefully Armstrong will be full of energy, something to prove and will be a better option than an unhappy Ings. Same with Vestergaard I think.

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:34 - Aug 11 with 806 viewsButty101

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:28 - Aug 11 by PatfromPoole

It’s not that much.

£15 million is your standard fee for a scuffling Prem player with 2 or 3 years experience in the League.

I thought we would be getting about 20mill for him.

I personally think he is our best centre back. Bednerek never gets linked with a move away, why is that?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:46 - Aug 11 with 783 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:34 - Aug 11 by Butty101

I personally think he is our best centre back. Bednerek never gets linked with a move away, why is that?

Hopefully Salisu can reach his potential this season.

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:50 - Aug 11 with 775 viewsCity_boy

Looks like done deal at around £15m. I am happy with that. He was too slow, inconsistent and error prone.

We do still need a replacement, and that worries me, if they stick with what we have.
Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:55 - Aug 11 with 755 viewsPatfromPoole

No idea.

Bednarek goes under the radar, but he’s a far better defender than Vestergaard.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:55 - Aug 11 with 755 viewsIanSouthstander

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:50 - Aug 11 by City_boy

Looks like done deal at around £15m. I am happy with that. He was too slow, inconsistent and error prone.

We do still need a replacement, and that worries me, if they stick with what we have.

Ralph did say on the fans forum yesterday that any money from a potential Vestergaard transfer would be reinvested on a replacement.
Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:57 - Aug 11 with 750 viewsgrumpy

He is our best centre back and we are selling him to Leicester who can see that.
We don't have a replacement and our season starts in 3 days time,
I can see us relegated this season.
Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:58 - Aug 11 with 747 viewssaint22

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:50 - Aug 11 by City_boy

Hope it’s Nat Phillips
Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 21:19 - Aug 11 with 700 viewsA1079

Personally, I think £15m is a bit low and although I have stated in previous threads he could be good and bad in almost equal measure up until his injury last season our team was better with him than without him. Bednarek has not looked great since Man U away and Salisu is in development and it looks like we are relying on him to be the real deal at the back. We are going to have to hope that he has become a leader and decisive at the back. Our problem is with a defence that looks vulnerable in quality and depth is not served well with 2 goalkeepers that are at best average and are not commanding or consistent.

£15m also seems a bit low for someone who is an international in a good Danish team.

That said Vestergaard would not be such a big loss and I would be less concerned of his move (because of his propensity for errors) if we have someone of real quality lined up - but anyone of real quality is going to cost more than £15m and we need them in quick and ready to go. Get an injury with those we do have in defence and we will be in real trouble for cover.

It's swings and roundabouts with Saints transfer news at the moment. Feels one step forward and one step back in equal measure.
Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 21:23 - Aug 11 with 674 viewskingslandstand1

Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 20:30 - Aug 11 by Saintsforeverj

The way I see it is that he played in a lot of our games and Saints conceded a lot of goals. Last season he did look good at times, but we still conceded goals and he made mistakes. He is another one that if he wants to go, we might as well let him go and get a player in who wants to be here. Hopefully Armstrong will be full of energy, something to prove and will be a better option than an unhappy Ings. Same with Vestergaard I think.

He did have good points obviously, but there were still serious errors in his game for the Prem, but he was pretty good at corners - trouble is at scoring, not dfending - and he did have an excellent cross field pass which he could pick out well and we got a couple of goals from that pass
Leicester bid for Vestergaard on 21:25 - Aug 11 with 673 viewsgrumpy

Vestergaard will be playing with Schmeichel in goal behind him and some very good defenders alongside him, see how many errors he makes then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024