Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Ralph want to be sacked? 21:50 - Aug 14 with 4149 viewsButty101

Today’s team selection was bizarre to say the least. No Forester, kwp,bednerek and Armstrong.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 22:07 - Aug 14 with 3059 viewssaintwizzler

Just discussing this on the way home.
Strange

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 22:13 - Aug 14 with 3049 viewsButty101

14 points from the last 22games.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 22:21 - Aug 14 with 3043 viewssaint68

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 22:13 - Aug 14 by Butty101

14 points from the last 22games.

He's been caught out since his second in command bailed out...he really doesn't want to be here anymore and his selections and 9-0 0-9 results are quite frankly embarrassing...

So I wouldn't be bothered if he got the sack tomorrow and nor would he..he would say I'm fighting a losing battle with the owner.. and there is a very valid point there..but..Gao doesn't pick the team...and even when fit and ready Ralph hasn't picked our best options when available...

The board won't change and nor will Ralph...

In for a very messy depressing season sadly.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 22:45 - Aug 14 with 3016 viewssaintwizzler

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 22:21 - Aug 14 by saint68

He's been caught out since his second in command bailed out...he really doesn't want to be here anymore and his selections and 9-0 0-9 results are quite frankly embarrassing...

So I wouldn't be bothered if he got the sack tomorrow and nor would he..he would say I'm fighting a losing battle with the owner.. and there is a very valid point there..but..Gao doesn't pick the team...and even when fit and ready Ralph hasn't picked our best options when available...

Can’t afford to sack him.
Who would take over?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 23:20 - Aug 14 with 2980 viewsRon11

Absolutely true that he has been useless since his second in command bailed out. Total lack of ideas, team selection or tactics. Then talked a pile of shit in the post match interview.
Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 23:43 - Aug 14 with 2944 viewssaintmary5

Ditto! Yes he wants out for sure and I am not trying to be sarcastic. When you put together the new backs set up (2 with no or very little experience in premier league) most accomplished players left out, it is fair to say he either was experimenting or throwing in towel. Which ever it was, it clearly showed a lack of commitment to club! They should now try and persuade Howe to take over before it is too late!!!
Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 00:14 - Aug 15 with 2870 viewsPatfromPoole

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 22:45 - Aug 14 by saintwizzler

Can’t afford to sack him.
Who would take over?

We can afford it with the Ings / Vestergaard money.

Howe.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 00:23 - Aug 15 with 2856 viewsMattFinish

Pick your best Saints team today and compare player for player with Everton. Is there any Saints player who would get in the Everton team? No.
So why does anyone think we should have won
Login to get fewer ads

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 00:51 - Aug 15 with 2829 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 00:14 - Aug 15 by PatfromPoole

We can afford it with the Ings / Vestergaard money.

Howe.

Howe would be terrible. He had more money at Bournemouth (somehow) and still f**ked it up. Let's face it, unless there is a Pochettino style gem in Europe somewhere, we're more likely to see a Pellegrino style flop.

I think we persist with Ralph. At least through to Oct/Nov. We should know by then and it won't be too late to get Allardyce in to keep the club up ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 01:49 - Aug 15 with 2787 viewsSaintsforeverj

I was at the game. The first half was excellent. It was all Saints but one goal is never enough. We missed so many chances to make it two and this is one of the reasons why we will struggle. When on top, you have to kill them off. We just don't have the quality to do that. As soon as Everton threw the kitchen sink at us and the home fans sensed blood, we just collapsed as is usual for us under pressure. Livramento looks good, Armstrong looks good. But the mistakes at the back are just fatal. Should Ralph have started with walker peters? Yes, probably. But Salisu just stood there for the equaliser but was it his fault? McCarthy really should have shouted "keepers" or "clear it!". I'm not sure if the players just aren't good enough, or whether they aren't being coached correctly but the issues are clear.

We let too many in and don't score enough. This may sound obvious, but it's why we aren't getting results. How much this is Ralph's fault I really don't know but he is doing this with his hands tied behind his back, that's for sure. We played with lots of effort and there were lots of positives but it's not enough. We weren't as clinical as them and we made fatal mistakes again at the back. We can look good, we can play well but it's not enough to get results in the PL and this is the worry. As Shearer said on MOTD, it's likely to be a very tough season ahead for Saints.

That aside, it was a cracking atmosphere and was great to have the fans back. The travelling Saints fans were excellent and were in full voice. Unfortunately, Man U look in top form and will no doubt score a few against our porous defence next week. I hope it's not too disastrous for us as confidence will plummet, only adding to our woes.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 2:03]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 05:34 - Aug 15 with 2694 viewsKriSaint

Bednarek and Stuart Armstrong were probably rested because of their participance in the Euro 20 tournament. McCarthy in goal was a big surprise and so was 'Tino' Livramento, but I thought Tino played pretty well.
No doubt Bednarek, S. Armstrong and KWP will start vs M.U. , and I think Tella will come in for Walcott.
Everton didn't look great and to be fair they only had 2 ½ chances from which they scored 3.
Stephens gifted them a really stupid corner from which they equalized. No communication between him and McCarthy???? And I just don' t know why McCarthy didn't run out and defend with his life and prevent disgusting diver boy Richarlison from getting in behind and volleying the ball over McCarthys head?
Romeu usually is good at protecting the ball and distributing it cleverly. He had a bad come back game with some pretty poor distribution + he didn't protect the back four when ugly Doucouré had all the time in the world to control the ball and blast it in the top near corner on the edge of the box. We have to remember though that Romeu was injured for several months with a foot fracture. He obviously needs games to get back to his best.
Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 07:21 - Aug 15 with 2611 viewssaintwizzler

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 05:34 - Aug 15 by KriSaint

Bednarek and Stuart Armstrong were probably rested because of their participance in the Euro 20 tournament. McCarthy in goal was a big surprise and so was 'Tino' Livramento, but I thought Tino played pretty well.
No doubt Bednarek, S. Armstrong and KWP will start vs M.U. , and I think Tella will come in for Walcott.
Everton didn't look great and to be fair they only had 2 ½ chances from which they scored 3.
Stephens gifted them a really stupid corner from which they equalized. No communication between him and McCarthy???? And I just don' t know why McCarthy didn't run out and defend with his life and prevent disgusting diver boy Richarlison from getting in behind and volleying the ball over McCarthys head?
Romeu usually is good at protecting the ball and distributing it cleverly. He had a bad come back game with some pretty poor distribution + he didn't protect the back four when ugly Doucouré had all the time in the world to control the ball and blast it in the top near corner on the edge of the box. We have to remember though that Romeu was injured for several months with a foot fracture. He obviously needs games to get back to his best.

Poland & Scotland played 3 games each at Euro2020.
Rested?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 08:53 - Aug 15 with 2517 viewsJack_flash1975

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 01:49 - Aug 15 by Saintsforeverj

I was at the game. The first half was excellent. It was all Saints but one goal is never enough. We missed so many chances to make it two and this is one of the reasons why we will struggle. When on top, you have to kill them off. We just don't have the quality to do that. As soon as Everton threw the kitchen sink at us and the home fans sensed blood, we just collapsed as is usual for us under pressure. Livramento looks good, Armstrong looks good. But the mistakes at the back are just fatal. Should Ralph have started with walker peters? Yes, probably. But Salisu just stood there for the equaliser but was it his fault? McCarthy really should have shouted "keepers" or "clear it!". I'm not sure if the players just aren't good enough, or whether they aren't being coached correctly but the issues are clear.

We let too many in and don't score enough. This may sound obvious, but it's why we aren't getting results. How much this is Ralph's fault I really don't know but he is doing this with his hands tied behind his back, that's for sure. We played with lots of effort and there were lots of positives but it's not enough. We weren't as clinical as them and we made fatal mistakes again at the back. We can look good, we can play well but it's not enough to get results in the PL and this is the worry. As Shearer said on MOTD, it's likely to be a very tough season ahead for Saints.

That aside, it was a cracking atmosphere and was great to have the fans back. The travelling Saints fans were excellent and were in full voice. Unfortunately, Man U look in top form and will no doubt score a few against our porous defence next week. I hope it's not too disastrous for us as confidence will plummet, only adding to our woes.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 2:03]

I was also at the game and watchimg the match (unlike others who would spend most of it looking at the home fans sing about paedos and portsmouth... but that is a different conversation). 1st half was good and Tino had Richardlson in his pocket so.very good cover for KWP if required and we were more direct with putting balls over the top for AA to run onto and Che getting his head to the ball and holding up play where required. The back four were actually doing a good job and are quick to get back. Djenepo had quick feet and they needed 2 players to get hold of him.
2nd half was when we switched off and did not use the momentum we had in the 1st half. Richardlson was now moved to the centre as he was ineffective against Tino and this is when the problems started. Everton were very much more direct than us as we started to pass the ball too much and though Djenepo had lots of possession and taking it to the byline the end product was not there. Changes were made at the end that should have been made after Everton scored the 1st goal as a response to the change of formation by Everton and I think RH needs to have the ear of his staff during the game and be approachable as you can get blinkered in pressure situations and a voice of reason is required.

Should he be sacked... no. He played new players now to give them a test against decent opposition. Have we won a game at Goodison recently? No. So onwards and upwards and get behind them and that is from someone who spent £200 on tickets, meals deals and fuel ! COYR.
Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 09:10 - Aug 15 with 2479 viewsDorsetIan

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 08:53 - Aug 15 by Jack_flash1975

I was also at the game and watchimg the match (unlike others who would spend most of it looking at the home fans sing about paedos and portsmouth... but that is a different conversation). 1st half was good and Tino had Richardlson in his pocket so.very good cover for KWP if required and we were more direct with putting balls over the top for AA to run onto and Che getting his head to the ball and holding up play where required. The back four were actually doing a good job and are quick to get back. Djenepo had quick feet and they needed 2 players to get hold of him.
2nd half was when we switched off and did not use the momentum we had in the 1st half. Richardlson was now moved to the centre as he was ineffective against Tino and this is when the problems started. Everton were very much more direct than us as we started to pass the ball too much and though Djenepo had lots of possession and taking it to the byline the end product was not there. Changes were made at the end that should have been made after Everton scored the 1st goal as a response to the change of formation by Everton and I think RH needs to have the ear of his staff during the game and be approachable as you can get blinkered in pressure situations and a voice of reason is required.

Should he be sacked... no. He played new players now to give them a test against decent opposition. Have we won a game at Goodison recently? No. So onwards and upwards and get behind them and that is from someone who spent £200 on tickets, meals deals and fuel ! COYR.

Djenepo gets a couple of comments in your report. For me, he is your classic ‚flatters to deceive‘ player - a thousand stopovers and absolutely no end product.

What am I missing?

Serious question because every time Ralph starts him Ralph goes down in my estimation a little bit more.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 10:58 - Aug 15 with 2350 viewskingslandstand1

Succinct, to the point, and I'm afraid quite accurate
Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 13:35 - Aug 15 with 2252 viewsI_would

He's been trotting out platitudes at the end of match losses and can't look the interviewer in the eye as he's not telling the truth.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 14:36 - Aug 15 with 2198 viewsElijahK

Ok well the Forster situation people were split on, the KWP replacement Livermento (or however you say his name) was actually really good yesterday and it’s said that Armstrong and a minor injury hence why he stayed on the bench. So other than Stephens instead of Bednerak (who was actually ok up to their 3rd goal) there’s nothing stargaze about his selection whatsoever

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 14:39 - Aug 15 with 2192 viewsSaintsforeverj

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 14:36 - Aug 15 by ElijahK

Ok well the Forster situation people were split on, the KWP replacement Livermento (or however you say his name) was actually really good yesterday and it’s said that Armstrong and a minor injury hence why he stayed on the bench. So other than Stephens instead of Bednerak (who was actually ok up to their 3rd goal) there’s nothing stargaze about his selection whatsoever

It's more tactics in my opinion. At 1 nil up away from home, we should have tightened up. If we kept it tight and frustrated them, catching them on the break, they only had 45 minutes. It was far too chaotic and open, no matter who was playing. And we should have made subs earlier. At 1 all, we could all see their 2nd goal coming. The game changed. Predictably, Everton were much better in the second half and threw the kitchen sink at us. We should have been more prepared for that. But I think most of agree that we should.play Forster.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 14:42]

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 14:41 - Aug 15 with 2184 viewsCenturion

Not yet.
Give him another 4 games before assessing the situation.
I think Eddie Howe would be a good manager for Saints, especially if we get relegated.
Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 14:45 - Aug 15 with 2173 viewsUlsterBaz

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 09:10 - Aug 15 by DorsetIan

Djenepo gets a couple of comments in your report. For me, he is your classic ‚flatters to deceive‘ player - a thousand stopovers and absolutely no end product.

What am I missing?

Serious question because every time Ralph starts him Ralph goes down in my estimation a little bit more.

He is absolutely dreadful, we’d be better off playing with ten men ffs.
Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 14:47 - Aug 15 with 2167 viewsSaintsforeverj

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 14:45 - Aug 15 by UlsterBaz

He is absolutely dreadful, we’d be better off playing with ten men ffs.

Djenepo was better than Walcott yesterday. He wasn't dreadful at all. He keeps the ball too long, but there were plenty of runs into the box, creating things and causing them.problems.

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:01 - Aug 15 with 2146 viewsUlsterBaz

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 14:47 - Aug 15 by Saintsforeverj

Djenepo was better than Walcott yesterday. He wasn't dreadful at all. He keeps the ball too long, but there were plenty of runs into the box, creating things and causing them.problems.

It’s an incredibly low bar, I’d have hooked Walcott after 20 mins. I have genuinely no idea why we re-signed him. As for Djenepo we’ll have to agree to disagree. He runs around like a headless chicken with zero end product. But that’s the calibre of player we’re stuck with due to our illustrious owner’s lack of investment.
Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:07 - Aug 15 with 2134 viewsSaintsforeverj

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:01 - Aug 15 by UlsterBaz

It’s an incredibly low bar, I’d have hooked Walcott after 20 mins. I have genuinely no idea why we re-signed him. As for Djenepo we’ll have to agree to disagree. He runs around like a headless chicken with zero end product. But that’s the calibre of player we’re stuck with due to our illustrious owner’s lack of investment.

I agree and your final sentence sums it up. But take a look at Djenepo's goal in the friendly the other day. He is capable of getting goals and he does create things. He created lots of corners for us yesterday and played with plenty of enthusiasm with runs in the box. He is no Messi, but I would personally still have him on the pitch. We don't have much better. Although, if there was a way to have walker peters and Livramento both on the pitch, it might be a way forward.

And I agree about Walcott. He is totally ineffective. But Djenepo? Not sure but his runs did get us some corners yesterday and we know he can score.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 15:09]

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:13 - Aug 15 with 2119 viewssaint22

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:07 - Aug 15 by Saintsforeverj

I agree and your final sentence sums it up. But take a look at Djenepo's goal in the friendly the other day. He is capable of getting goals and he does create things. He created lots of corners for us yesterday and played with plenty of enthusiasm with runs in the box. He is no Messi, but I would personally still have him on the pitch. We don't have much better. Although, if there was a way to have walker peters and Livramento both on the pitch, it might be a way forward.

And I agree about Walcott. He is totally ineffective. But Djenepo? Not sure but his runs did get us some corners yesterday and we know he can score.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 15:09]

I said it last season and will say it again Walcott is useless
I have no idea why we signed him, he brings nothing at all when we have Redmond tella djenepo and Armstrong all who can play on the right
It smacks of cluelessness from the manager
Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:17 - Aug 15 with 2110 viewsSaintsforeverj

Does Ralph want to be sacked? on 15:13 - Aug 15 by saint22

I said it last season and will say it again Walcott is useless
I have no idea why we signed him, he brings nothing at all when we have Redmond tella djenepo and Armstrong all who can play on the right
It smacks of cluelessness from the manager

Walcott does seem useless. I would have played Armstrong yesterday but I think he had a knock. But I would also have played Tella instead of Walcott. I would have played Forster too instead of McCarthy. It does seem that Ralph is getting some decisions wrong but his hands are tied behind his back losing our best players and not having any money.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 15:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024