Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gao not the worst owner 10:54 - Aug 17 with 1448 viewsDorsetIan

It's official. Gao is not the worst owner in the Premier League. I take back everything I have ever posted about his period of ownership.

https://www.givemesport.com/1738511-premier-league-clubs-have-been-ranked-accord

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Gao not the worst owner on 11:16 - Aug 17 with 1398 viewsSadoldgit

I certainly wouldn’t want Ashley, Levy or the Dildo Brothers anywhere near this club. Gao I can live with as he doesn’t interfere with the club but it does worry me that he might sell to someone like this lot.
Gao not the worst owner on 11:21 - Aug 17 with 1391 viewssaints__fan__73

Gao not the worst owner on 11:16 - Aug 17 by Sadoldgit

I certainly wouldn’t want Ashley, Levy or the Dildo Brothers anywhere near this club. Gao I can live with as he doesn’t interfere with the club but it does worry me that he might sell to someone like this lot.

Whatever else he is Ashley is a good businessman. His business do not fail.

Newcastle are doing no more than just staying up as we are but unlike us they are not massively in debt doing it.

So he must be a better owner than Gao.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Gao not the worst owner on 11:27 - Aug 17 with 1374 viewsSonicBoom

Ashley would never be able to keep up with the geordies massive sense of entitlement.
Gao not the worst owner on 11:30 - Aug 17 with 1367 viewsDorsetIan

Or he could sell to someone better.

Half the owners have an >70% approval rating, including: Brighton, Brentford, Watford and Norwich - all clubs that by any estimation are 'smaller' than Saints.

Gao not the worst owner on 12:00 - Aug 17 with 1318 viewsSonicBoom

I think the thing is everyone says that "he could sell to someone better".

Well I think it's common knowledge that we are for sale. It's not a case of him not selling, it's a case of no one buying us.
And yes it's easy to say well if he drops the price he could sell but it's easy to suggest other people should forego millions when it's not your money.
Gao not the worst owner on 13:04 - Aug 17 with 1248 viewsDorsetIan

Gao not the worst owner on 12:00 - Aug 17 by SonicBoom

Well I think it's common knowledge that we are for sale. It's not a case of him not selling, it's a case of no one buying us.
And yes it's easy to say well if he drops the price he could sell but it's easy to suggest other people should forego millions when it's not your money.

I was really just making the point that it is possible to be a club of our size and smaller and to have a decent owner.

It's often suggested on here that Gao's way of investing nothing is the only alternative to being owned by an oligarch who will throw money at the club.

It's wishful thinking but perhaps there is some obligation on Gao to pass us on to someone who really can 'take us to the next level' (given his failure to come anyway near to that), even if he has to take a loss on his purchase. He's going to take a much bigger hit if we go down.

Gao not the worst owner on 13:16 - Aug 17 with 1217 viewsSadoldgit

Gao not the worst owner on 11:30 - Aug 17 by DorsetIan

Or he could sell to someone better.

Half the owners have an >70% approval rating, including: Brighton, Brentford, Watford and Norwich - all clubs that by any estimation are 'smaller' than Saints.

He could but that’s the problem , we just don’t know how it will go. A benign disinterested owner isn’t the worse thing in the world. I know that Semmens is saying we won’t sell to some cowboy outfit, but surely Gao is just looking to get his money and will sell his shares to anyone willing to pay his price?
Gao not the worst owner on 13:16 - Aug 17 with 1217 viewsTripleNiemi

Mmmm, not sure i share this view to be honest.........

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Gao not the worst owner on 13:16 - Aug 17 with 1214 viewsdirk_doone

Gao not the worst owner on 12:00 - Aug 17 by SonicBoom

The issue may be that some investors, like the one who's just invested in Palace, want the money they spend to go into the club rather than the existing owners' bank accounts.

The ones with billions to spare can afford to buy big clubs. The type that buys clubs like ours is either a fan or someone for whom the cost of the club will take most, if not all, his money, as was the case with Gao, and they hope that the existing owner will let the club have some of that because otherwise there is going to be no owner investment. Brighton were lucky because even though Tony Bloom is not one of the wealthiest owners in the PL, he is a fan, and he has used a large part of his own money to pay for their new stadium as well as buy new players.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 13:24]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Gao not the worst owner on 13:29 - Aug 17 with 1171 viewsSadoldgit

Gao not the worst owner on 13:16 - Aug 17 by TripleNiemi

Mmmm, not sure i share this view to be honest.........

Have you seen what Spurs, West Ham and Newcastle fans think of their owners?
Gao not the worst owner on 13:33 - Aug 17 with 1162 viewsdirk_doone

Gao not the worst owner on 13:29 - Aug 17 by Sadoldgit

Have you seen what Spurs, West Ham and Newcastle fans think of their owners?

Imagine what they'd think of ours!

Gao not the worst owner on 13:45 - Aug 17 with 1148 viewsKennington

At least Ashley, Sullivan etc. appear to try and are enthusiastic about their clubs even if they get many things wrong. We on the other hand get nothing, absolutely f all from Gao. It’s fine having a silent owner but if things go so wrong as they have since he’s been owner it’s not.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Gao not the worst owner on 14:11 - Aug 17 with 1122 viewsSaintNick

Gao not the worst owner on 13:45 - Aug 17 by Kennington

At least Ashley, Sullivan etc. appear to try and are enthusiastic about their clubs even if they get many things wrong. We on the other hand get nothing, absolutely f all from Gao. It’s fine having a silent owner but if things go so wrong as they have since he’s been owner it’s not.

To suggest Ashley in enthusiastic about Newcastle is a little misleading, yes in the early days he was pictured in the stands at games with a Newcastle shirt on and with normal fans but they soon saw through that.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Gao not the worst owner on 14:22 - Aug 17 with 1107 viewsSadoldgit

Gao not the worst owner on 13:33 - Aug 17 by dirk_doone

Imagine what they'd think of ours!

I wouldn’t be surprised if they would be happy to have an owner who kept his nose out of things 😉
Seriously though, I doubt if they give him a second thought or even know who he is.
Gao not the worst owner on 14:27 - Aug 17 with 1098 viewsSadoldgit

Gao not the worst owner on 13:45 - Aug 17 by Kennington

I’m not sure what you expect him to say? Apart from not speaking English and living in China he has been trying to sell his shares for ages. I am not defending him but I don’t expect someone who seems to have been used by his Government and then abandoned to have much to say to the people he has let down. The only thing I want to hear from him now is that he has found someone to buy his shares who is genuinely interested in taking the club forward.
Gao not the worst owner on 15:35 - Aug 17 with 1040 viewscocklebreath

Gao not the worst owner on 14:22 - Aug 17 by Sadoldgit

I wouldn’t be surprised if they would be happy to have an owner who kept his nose out of things 😉
Seriously though, I doubt if they give him a second thought or even know who he is.

Obviously because he’s not there owner if he was they’d be going mental.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Gao not the worst owner on 15:39 - Aug 17 with 1029 viewsSadoldgit

I don’t think that there was any likelihood of that happening. He couldn’t afford to buy us outright so I doubt if he could have afforded to buy any of those clubs.
Gao not the worst owner on 15:45 - Aug 17 with 1024 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gao not saying anything is one of the issues that results in fan distrust. Come on, it comes across as not giving a f@ck how we feel or leaving the running of the club to someone else is also very strange. An honest account explaining the situation would go a long way.

As for Semmens making the decision on who invests in our club, well let's be honest, he has said himself he is left to run the club without any interference and he likes it! Imagine a very rich person coming in and saying I will invest but I might bring in my own people.
"No thanks, I would lose my job"

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Gao not the worst owner on 16:42 - Aug 17 with 976 viewsdirk_doone

Gao not the worst owner on 15:45 - Aug 17 by Saintsforeverj

Gao not saying anything is one of the issues that results in fan distrust. Come on, it comes across as not giving a f@ck how we feel or leaving the running of the club to someone else is also very strange. An honest account explaining the situation would go a long way.

As for Semmens making the decision on who invests in our club, well let's be honest, he has said himself he is left to run the club without any interference and he likes it! Imagine a very rich person coming in and saying I will invest but I might bring in my own people.
"No thanks, I would lose my job"

What can he say? "I'm skint. Kat took all my money."

Gao not the worst owner on 16:48 - Aug 17 with 969 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gao not the worst owner on 16:42 - Aug 17 by dirk_doone

If that's the case, then yes, it would good to know the truth. Or why did he buy the club in first place and explaining exactly why it hasn't worked out etc. I bet an honest communication with the fans would go a long way to getting them onside.

Leaving the decision about investment and who comes in as a new owner to Semmens and the board seems highly strange too. If it was my 200 000 pounds , I wouldn't leaving the decisions to other people!
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 16:53]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Gao not the worst owner on 17:22 - Aug 17 with 936 viewssaints__fan__73

Gao not the worst owner on 16:42 - Aug 17 by dirk_doone

Technically Kat took the bank's money and Gao is paying them back.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Gao not the worst owner on 17:34 - Aug 17 with 927 viewsSadoldgit

I have just read a post on a thread somewhere else that sums him up perfectly. He is not a good owner. He is not a bad owner. He is just a pointless owner.
If it is the case that he was part of a Chinese government’s drive to buy into the EPL (and I have no idea if that was the case) then he is hardly likely to come out and say it. I doubt if we will ever get to the bottom of it and it is entirely possible that Kat has been duped too. If she had wanted to take the money and run she wouldn’t be around now. If she was aware that he wasn’t kosher, why hang around to get the flak when it goes t*ts up? She may not share her father’s love for the club (although it has been said that she did become a fan), but she seems keen not to damage the legacy.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 17:42]
Gao not the worst owner on 17:56 - Aug 17 with 907 viewsBerber

Gao not the worst owner on 14:11 - Aug 17 by SaintNick

To suggest Ashley in enthusiastic about Newcastle is a little misleading, yes in the early days he was pictured in the stands at games with a Newcastle shirt on and with normal fans but they soon saw through that.

Ashley bought NUFC in 2007, when he massively overpaid, and rapidly had to inject over £100m in loans. It took him a few years of tight financial management to get his money out, due largely to selling Andy Carrol to Liverpool for a massive fee after Chelsea were squeezed over the Torres fee.

Since then, he has pursued a similar approach to Southampton, buy cheap, promising players then sell them on at a higher value. They have been relegated, but bounced straight back up since then, 2009 and 2016.

They fans demand much more investment, and top half finishes (where have we heard that before?) and Ashley remains detested by a significant part of a much larger fanbase that Southampton enjoy.

He has had several suitors, but none willing to meet his price for the club. He refused to countenance them buying Lemina, despite Steve bruce being very keen indeed on making the purchase. When it comes to fans perceptions, there is probably not a more hated owner over a longer time in the PL.

No doubt, our owner will pay as much attention to Southampton fans grumbles as Ashley does to those at Newcastle, virtually none at all, the fan's financial contribution is hardly relevant in the valuation of the club, unless fans are prepared to pay significantly more for tickets. We all know how popular that would be with the fans who expect the owner to do that instead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024