Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth 09:36 - Aug 19 with 914 viewsButty101

I guess we dont need him as we pulled off a coup, when signing of Oli Lancashire........

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 09:51 - Aug 19 with 868 viewssaints__fan__73

I guess he's thinking in terms of a greater chance of PL football next season?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 09:54 - Aug 19 with 858 viewsButty101

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 09:51 - Aug 19 by saints__fan__73

I guess he's thinking in terms of a greater chance of PL football next season?

1 year deal would have been great business.

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 09:56 - Aug 19 with 847 viewsSaintNick

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 09:54 - Aug 19 by Butty101

1 year deal would have been great business.

Seems we dont think he is up to it or perhaps we think we can get better

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 10:02 - Aug 19 with 831 viewsButty101

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 09:56 - Aug 19 by SaintNick

Yeah clearly - i hope we are not signing yet another unproven player. We really need some experience in the back line.

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 10:03 - Aug 19 with 830 viewsSonicBoom

Well I guess you can only judge this once we see who the club does get.
However I would rather we signed a proper first choice centre back. I'm not sure what all the nonsense is coming from Ralph about a CB that can also play defensive midfield to give us a 4th midfield option.
Just get a proper decent CB ffs.
Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 10:11 - Aug 19 with 817 viewssaints__fan__73

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 09:56 - Aug 19 by SaintNick

or cheaper?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 10:25 - Aug 19 with 795 viewssaint22

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 10:02 - Aug 19 by Butty101

Yeah clearly - i hope we are not signing yet another unproven player. We really need some experience in the back line.

Agreed but who??
That Fulham chap or Worrall from First are good prospects but Cahill would have given us what we need as well
Ideally we should be signing him and a CB
I expect we will stumble to Aug 31 then bring in an unknown from Swiss league........
Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 10:44 - Aug 19 with 756 viewsA1079

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 10:03 - Aug 19 by SonicBoom

Well I guess you can only judge this once we see who the club does get.
However I would rather we signed a proper first choice centre back. I'm not sure what all the nonsense is coming from Ralph about a CB that can also play defensive midfield to give us a 4th midfield option.
Just get a proper decent CB ffs.

Agreed Sonicboom, but we need to get on with it.

What we don't need is another player for the future when it is the here and now that needs desperate surgery. We need a player who can fit in straight away and play and has experience and does what you expect a CB to do - play it simple and clear the ball when you need to, lead the backline and know when to play it out when it is safe to do so.

I was so pleased when Ralph joined us and I so wanted him to do well but I am struggling to have faith in his judgment at the moment. I know he has various excuses (some of them reasonable ones) but there are things that he is solely responsible for.
Login to get fewer ads

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 10:45 - Aug 19 with 756 viewsTimSaint

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 10:25 - Aug 19 by saint22

Agreed but who??
That Fulham chap or Worrall from First are good prospects but Cahill would have given us what we need as well
Ideally we should be signing him and a CB
I expect we will stumble to Aug 31 then bring in an unknown from Swiss league........

Cahill would have been ideal for a one year contract, but perhaps the player himself was after a longer term ?

The Fulham defender would be ok I think - almost 24 yrs old, got good experience last season, is apparently available for £10m - but as they are pushing on quite well so far this season, they may be reluctant to sell.

Worrall - Potentially a good signing, but Forest have been awful for the last couple of seasons, so is he shining in a poor team ?

I would have thought that Ralph would have unearthed some Austria and German gems by now !!

TimSaint

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 10:50 - Aug 19 with 745 viewsinthebox

The thing is if he's not up to playing for palace he's not going to interest us. Like many, I mentioned him a couple of years ago but that's history.
Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 11:20 - Aug 19 with 718 viewsBicester_North

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 10:45 - Aug 19 by TimSaint

Cahill would have been ideal for a one year contract, but perhaps the player himself was after a longer term ?

The Fulham defender would be ok I think - almost 24 yrs old, got good experience last season, is apparently available for £10m - but as they are pushing on quite well so far this season, they may be reluctant to sell.

Worrall - Potentially a good signing, but Forest have been awful for the last couple of seasons, so is he shining in a poor team ?

I would have thought that Ralph would have unearthed some Austria and German gems by now !!

From what I’ve heard this Tosin matey is not even Fulham’s best centre back

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 11:42 - Aug 19 with 688 viewssaintwizzler

A 35 year old who is not good enough for Crystal Palace?
Thank Christ he isn’t coming.
We need to be looking at better than this surely.

There’s money in the bank left (hopefully) from Ings and Vestergaard please spend £25/30m on someone better than Gary Cahill

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 11:52 - Aug 19 with 671 viewssaint22

Gary Cahill heading to Bournemouth on 10:45 - Aug 19 by TimSaint

The bottom line here is we have ALL known since last season we need at least one more CB if not 2 so WTF isn't there one ready to come in as soon as Vest left
its pi55 poor again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024