Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph got it right today 17:36 - Aug 22 with 1156 viewsSaintsforeverj

A great point today and a relief to be honest that we didn't get thrashed and got an important point. Ralph brought on Bednerac and Diallo early on in the 2nd half to prevent the usual collapse in defence and it worked. We tightened up and bizarrely, it helped us going forward to and we nearly won it. A great feel good result after so much stress over the last few weeks.

There were still cobwebs all over the seats, the bar codes didn't work properly and many got in late but we got a good result today and played well. And I'm hearing a rumour we will be getting a refund. Rightly so, but today has been an encouraging day all round.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph got it right today on 18:24 - Aug 22 with 1072 viewsSonicBoom

Credit where its due Ralph stuck his neck out picking that side yet they made it work. That's not to say we wouldn't have been better with a different side but we didn't get stuffed.
I for one thought it was a mistake but they grabbed a great point.
Ralph got it right today on 18:46 - Aug 22 with 1040 viewsBerber

Yes, quite a lot of delays on the paper tickets, about half of them in front of me needed a steward to get them in. My season card didn't appear to register, but I fumbled with it then dropped it, and whilst scrabbling on the ground to pick it up, the turnstile clicked and I hobbled through like an old git. Good job I was wearing a mask, I don't think anyone would recognise me. I hope I don't have to do that every week.
Ralph got it right today on 14:30 - Aug 23 with 823 viewsweneedbigballz

Bang on. I was so critical once the team was announced and full of dread - how wrong I was. Luck I’m not manager. From the first kick the team and the game management were spot on.

Some you lose, some you draw.

Ralph got it right today on 14:35 - Aug 23 with 815 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph got it right today on 14:30 - Aug 23 by weneedbigballz

Bang on. I was so critical once the team was announced and full of dread - how wrong I was. Luck I’m not manager. From the first kick the team and the game management were spot on.

Similar to Everton, we were heading for at least a point but in this game Ralph brought on defensive players. That didn't stop us having chances to try and win it still, but it did tighten it up at the back to stop them getting the winner, like Everton did. Ralph had clearly learnt that we needed to tighten up against a top team, with the game in the balance. Bizarrely, it enabled us to nearly win it ourselves, especially when Diallo came on as the extra midfielder.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 14:36]

Ralph got it right today on 23:20 - Aug 24 with 668 viewsSaintNick

Ralph got it right today on 14:35 - Aug 23 by Saintsforeverj

Similar to Everton, we were heading for at least a point but in this game Ralph brought on defensive players. That didn't stop us having chances to try and win it still, but it did tighten it up at the back to stop them getting the winner, like Everton did. Ralph had clearly learnt that we needed to tighten up against a top team, with the game in the balance. Bizarrely, it enabled us to nearly win it ourselves, especially when Diallo came on as the extra midfielder.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 14:36]

I think that whilst the message board reverberated with worries about relegation, Ralph has quietly got on with building a bigger squad than last season and has unearthed a few gems

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ralph got it right today on 23:48 - Aug 24 with 652 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph got it right today on 23:20 - Aug 24 by SaintNick

I think that whilst the message board reverberated with worries about relegation, Ralph has quietly got on with building a bigger squad than last season and has unearthed a few gems

Livramento is certainly a gem and Perraud looks decent. The guy we have signed from Everton today also sounds like a gem too, so yeah it's looking more positive. If only we could just get that experienced defender in who makes the difference. But tactically, it was interesting and encouraging to see how compact and defensively sound we became when we brought on the two defensive players.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2021 23:50]

Ralph got it right today on 11:46 - Aug 25 with 558 viewsSaintNick

Ralph got it right today on 23:48 - Aug 24 by Saintsforeverj

Livramento is certainly a gem and Perraud looks decent. The guy we have signed from Everton today also sounds like a gem too, so yeah it's looking more positive. If only we could just get that experienced defender in who makes the difference. But tactically, it was interesting and encouraging to see how compact and defensively sound we became when we brought on the two defensive players.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2021 23:50]

I agree we just need a leader in the central defence now

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024