Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry McDermott 07:51 - Aug 23 with 586 viewskingslandstand1

Yet another player just announced as diagnosed with dementia. Don't know ghe answer but something needs to be done
Really sad news
Terry McDermott on 08:16 - Aug 23 with 568 viewsChesham_Saint

Yes, very sad. How much higher is the % of ex-footballers suffering this compared to those of a similar age but from different walks of life?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Terry McDermott on 09:18 - Aug 23 with 530 viewsSadoldgit

The old leather balls used to weigh a ton when wet so no surprise that the older generation players are suffering with this. Hopefully the lighter balls will make it less of a problem now but a lump of jelly inside a bone shell isn’t designed for repeated trauma and we are in a better place now to monitor the situation and if heading needs to be banned then so be it. It makes you wonder how boxing is still allowed though, even with head protection.
Terry McDermott on 09:25 - Aug 23 with 521 viewsBerber

Terry McDermott on 09:18 - Aug 23 by Sadoldgit

The old leather balls used to weigh a ton when wet so no surprise that the older generation players are suffering with this. Hopefully the lighter balls will make it less of a problem now but a lump of jelly inside a bone shell isn’t designed for repeated trauma and we are in a better place now to monitor the situation and if heading needs to be banned then so be it. It makes you wonder how boxing is still allowed though, even with head protection.

Absolutely agree wrt boxing. Crazy.
Terry McDermott on 09:44 - Aug 23 with 507 viewsKennington

Terry McDermott on 09:18 - Aug 23 by Sadoldgit

Hasn’t it been proven that head protection in boxing makes head trauma more likely? Think there are various reasons including the head being a bigger target. As long as adults know the risks then I’m not for banning. It’s probably sensible to limit/stop heading for younger kids though and even for older kids reduce it.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Terry McDermott on 12:52 - Aug 23 with 439 viewsA1079

It is sad to hear and see these cases arising especially of course for the individuals and their families.

I am not sure what the answer is, but I can see there being a time when heading will not be allowed but it is difficult to imagine the sport without it.
Terry McDermott on 13:15 - Aug 23 with 426 viewsChesham_Saint

Terry McDermott on 12:52 - Aug 23 by A1079

It is sad to hear and see these cases arising especially of course for the individuals and their families.

I am not sure what the answer is, but I can see there being a time when heading will not be allowed but it is difficult to imagine the sport without it.

A time when headers aren’t allowed? That would imply that FIFA give a shit about the welfare of players. Holding the World Cup in Qatar shows they do not.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Terry McDermott on 16:23 - Aug 23 with 382 viewsSadoldgit

They will give a shit if and when lawsuits start getting issued.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024