Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! 15:00 - Aug 23 with 845 viewsSaintsNews

Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! 23rd Aug 2021 14:56
There is no doubt that there has been a major problem with the new ticketing system at St Mary's , but where does the blame lie and what could have and should have been avoided in the whole sorry affair. 22

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! on 16:13 - Aug 23 with 768 viewsSonicBoom

Thing is, it was clear with a week to go, that tickets were late.
So there was plenty of time to formulate plans.
It does seem the club ignored all the indicators and just hoped for best.
Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! on 16:23 - Aug 23 with 758 viewssaints__fan__73

A) 'Suppliers'
B) The Fans
C) Cortese
D) Anyone apart from those actually running the club

Poll brought to you by N. Illingsworth Esq.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! on 17:02 - Aug 23 with 727 viewsdwayne_dibley

Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! on 16:23 - Aug 23 by saints__fan__73

A) 'Suppliers'
B) The Fans
C) Cortese
D) Anyone apart from those actually running the club

Poll brought to you by N. Illingsworth Esq.

according to the steward supervisors at the Kingsland gate the fault lay with the fans who turned up with QR codes on their mobiles.

Should the Ticketing Website not have carried a warning that QR codes were unlikely to work and the evanescent physical season ticket option should have been chosen

Lets face it QR codes a a very new technology

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! on 17:11 - Aug 23 with 720 viewsNumber_58

Does anyone have any faith at all left in the club's board? Every summer it's like they all go on holiday and leave some office junior to sort out the ticketing, sponsorship and new kits, etc. Amateurish is an understatement.
Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! on 18:03 - Aug 23 with 671 viewsSalisburySaint

Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! on 17:11 - Aug 23 by Number_58

Does anyone have any faith at all left in the club's board? Every summer it's like they all go on holiday and leave some office junior to sort out the ticketing, sponsorship and new kits, etc. Amateurish is an understatement.

Saints are not the only club with the issue, Liverpool have too, and had same issue at pre-season friendlies yet they still had issues again yesterday, so it seems the system is not up to scratch. Didn’t realise Dido Harding was involved with the supply of this equipment

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12388099/southampton-and-liverpool
Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! on 18:28 - Aug 23 with 651 viewsSaintsforeverj

Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! on 18:03 - Aug 23 by SalisburySaint

Saints are not the only club with the issue, Liverpool have too, and had same issue at pre-season friendlies yet they still had issues again yesterday, so it seems the system is not up to scratch. Didn’t realise Dido Harding was involved with the supply of this equipment

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12388099/southampton-and-liverpool

It's not just the issue, it's again the response to it. Just put stewards on the turnstiles and check tickets like the good old days. Not sure what the response was at Anfield, but yesterday stewards just stood there without any direction. Add to this the season ticket fiasco, it's just all totally avoidable. The club can't help the system breaking down. They can help not having a leader to just authorise manual checking of the tickets.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 18:29]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! on 18:54 - Aug 23 with 620 viewsTripleNiemi

For me i was screwed as i could not make it to town Saturday and was not prepared to get to St. Marys 2 hours pre kick off Sunday.

Lo and behold my ST arrived this afternoon. What is potentially going to 'grate' is the fact that those fans who watched the full 90 minutes (albeit with issues as well) are gonna receive (i suspect) the exact same refund as i and dozens of others who didn't.

Anyway, no point getting wound up about it anymore, i expect nothing less.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 18:55]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! on 06:03 - Aug 24 with 479 viewsSalisburySaint

Who Was To Blame For The Turnstile Fiasco At St Mary's ! on 18:28 - Aug 23 by Saintsforeverj

It's not just the issue, it's again the response to it. Just put stewards on the turnstiles and check tickets like the good old days. Not sure what the response was at Anfield, but yesterday stewards just stood there without any direction. Add to this the season ticket fiasco, it's just all totally avoidable. The club can't help the system breaking down. They can help not having a leader to just authorise manual checking of the tickets.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 18:29]

Totally agree, just pointing out we’re not the only ones with this problem, and I think the Liverpool situation is worse as this has happened to them on three separate occasions now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024