Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 match unbeaten run 17:04 - Aug 28 with 1197 viewsdirk_doone

A pretty good start to the season. Our attacking midfield is on top form and we're creating a lot of goalscoring chances.

As in the Man United game, the fact that you could hear our fans above the other team's for most of the game reflects how much we dominated play.

It's good to see that the team spirit we had in the first half of last season is back. We fought back from losing positions twice today.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 17:13]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

3 match unbeaten run on 17:13 - Aug 28 with 1156 viewsBerber

Romeu gave up possession too often for my liking but all round a great performance from the lads. Lovely through all from Redmond for the pen.
3 match unbeaten run on 17:14 - Aug 28 with 1152 viewskentsouthampton

Two points from nine, five dropped from winning positions.
3 match unbeaten run on 17:18 - Aug 28 with 1137 viewsdirk_doone

3 match unbeaten run on 17:13 - Aug 28 by Berber

Romeu gave up possession too often for my liking but all round a great performance from the lads. Lovely through all from Redmond for the pen.

Redmond seems to be having one of his purple patches. Long may it continue. The combination of Livramento and Elyounoussi looks very promising.

We create so many chances that perhaps we should be scoring 1 or 2 more goals. Finishing is not Djenepo's strong point but you can't fault him for trying. Every player out there today deserves some credit for a battling team performance, including McCarthy who, although he let in 2 goals, had his best game for a long time. I just hope that he can keep a clean sheet soon.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 20:13]

3 match unbeaten run on 17:19 - Aug 28 with 1135 viewsSadoldgit

Agree about Romeu today. The tats were saying how well he played but his passing was off today and we can’t afford to lose the ball easily in midfield with the way we push players up.
3 match unbeaten run on 17:24 - Aug 28 with 1118 viewsdirk_doone

3 match unbeaten run on 17:14 - Aug 28 by kentsouthampton

Yes, I see your team lost. You had an easy start to the season against the bottom teams but now you are coming up against the big boys, you look like you are in for another season of struggle:

Wigan 1 Little Pompey 0

You've played all of the bottom three and none of the top three.

You've yet to face the biggest clubs in the third division, Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday, but they look like they will take the automatic promotion places. They are too big to stay down there in the lower leagues.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 17:44]

3 match unbeaten run on 17:30 - Aug 28 with 1090 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Replace Djnepo and Stephens and that team wins today. Should've won anyway though ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

3 match unbeaten run on 17:34 - Aug 28 with 1078 viewspjt50

Too right. If Romeu gives away possession on the edge of their box it leaves us with little cover & wide open to the counter attack. Still, the fact that he's up there makes for an entertaining watch.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

3 match unbeaten run on 18:26 - Aug 28 with 980 viewssaint22

3 match unbeaten run on 17:30 - Aug 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Replace Djnepo and Stephens and that team wins today. Should've won anyway though ...

Only Ralph can answer that
Gotta buy a good CB
Login to get fewer ads

3 match unbeaten run on 18:31 - Aug 28 with 967 views1teeminants

3 match unbeaten run on 18:26 - Aug 28 by saint22

Only Ralph can answer that
Gotta buy a good CB

Tella should be starting ahead of Djenepo with orders to run and cause havoc . He has lightning pace. Go on Ralph just do it please.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

3 match unbeaten run on 19:45 - Aug 28 with 883 viewsInsideOut

Alright you cants ?-) I didn't see the game either but think it's only normal that Romeu needs a bit of game time to get back to his best. And nobody should be surprised we don't win at Newcastle, it's too far away for us ;P Anyhow, I'm liking the positive vibes coming from our knowledgable supporters...

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

3 match unbeaten run on 23:07 - Aug 28 with 721 viewsBicester_North

3 match unbeaten run on 17:14 - Aug 28 by kentsouthampton

Sloppy beige roast dinner in a dirty kitchen tomorrow?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024