Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I saw a change today that I was not expecting 21:37 - Aug 28 with 1324 viewsgrumpy

After a first half that Saints dominated,10 minutes into the second we went 1-0 down.
Here we go again I thought but I was wrong.
Saints showed determination to level with the impressive Elyounoussi.
Then in 90th minute Newcastle scored, did the Saints players heads drop, No! they pulled level again.
This Saints side has courage.
Ralph made some good substitutions too.
I saw a different Saints team today, one that will be hard to beat.
I saw a change today that I was not expecting on 22:11 - Aug 28 with 1260 viewsgreen

Really need to cut out the silly mistakes, lapses in concentration and make our chances count when we can.

We've got some players with potential it seems, just got to hope they can develop as a team and build some confidence and it could be an interesting season.
I saw a change today that I was not expecting on 23:36 - Aug 28 with 1187 viewsSadoldgit

It’s good to see some optimism about the season at last. A few weeks ago it was all doom and gloom. We aren’t going to finish in the top four but we look like a decent mid table team. If I were a Newcastle fan I would be more worried about this season.
I saw a change today that I was not expecting on 05:45 - Aug 29 with 1108 viewsNYC_Saint

I agree in the fight aspect. It was a super response and from a mentality perspective so much better to snatch a draw than lose two points. (Also great pen from JWP with a lot of pressure on his shoulders to save the game).

I also think there a lot of good players in the current squad that, if they get a few positive games under their belts, will just get that confidence they belong at this level. I thought Salisu was brilliant but on occasions second guessed himself. His leggy and rangey challenges last season were a 50:50 for a foul but now the refs are letting a more robust football take place; once players like him realize their natural game fits the laws they will be able to focus on the game in front of them in a relaxed fashion.

On the negative side though I thought stephens in particular continues to look out of his depth. He looked full of mistakes and is I nlikely to grow and gain confidence with more starts. He does seem to really care though and I liked the way he tried to start a shoving match with their captain at a corner and tried to niggle wher he could. Ultimately though the best he should be is a 70th minute sub to go to a back three and protect a lead at this level. Lots of pressure on the new Brazilian Serbian to partner Salisu in my mind.

I think we could be hard to beat this year and fun to watch so looking forward to the rest of the season (as controversial as it is to suggest so on this forum).

Speaking of which, can we have two match day threads - one for those that want to discuss the game sensibly and one for those that want to predict doom and despair for the next ten years? As an expat fan this is the closest I get to “hearing” other views on what they’re seeing. I don’t really think I have much to offer but enjoy reading the views of others as to how we’re playing. What is super frustrating is a few individuals that seem to wait for us to concede or miss a chance and then go into a rant about how poor we are and how we’re doomed to ten years of consecutive relegation etc.
I saw a change today that I was not expecting on 07:50 - Aug 29 with 1041 viewsHeisenberg

I saw a change today that I was not expecting on 05:45 - Aug 29 by NYC_Saint

I agree in the fight aspect. It was a super response and from a mentality perspective so much better to snatch a draw than lose two points. (Also great pen from JWP with a lot of pressure on his shoulders to save the game).

I also think there a lot of good players in the current squad that, if they get a few positive games under their belts, will just get that confidence they belong at this level. I thought Salisu was brilliant but on occasions second guessed himself. His leggy and rangey challenges last season were a 50:50 for a foul but now the refs are letting a more robust football take place; once players like him realize their natural game fits the laws they will be able to focus on the game in front of them in a relaxed fashion.

On the negative side though I thought stephens in particular continues to look out of his depth. He looked full of mistakes and is I nlikely to grow and gain confidence with more starts. He does seem to really care though and I liked the way he tried to start a shoving match with their captain at a corner and tried to niggle wher he could. Ultimately though the best he should be is a 70th minute sub to go to a back three and protect a lead at this level. Lots of pressure on the new Brazilian Serbian to partner Salisu in my mind.

I think we could be hard to beat this year and fun to watch so looking forward to the rest of the season (as controversial as it is to suggest so on this forum).

Speaking of which, can we have two match day threads - one for those that want to discuss the game sensibly and one for those that want to predict doom and despair for the next ten years? As an expat fan this is the closest I get to “hearing” other views on what they’re seeing. I don’t really think I have much to offer but enjoy reading the views of others as to how we’re playing. What is super frustrating is a few individuals that seem to wait for us to concede or miss a chance and then go into a rant about how poor we are and how we’re doomed to ten years of consecutive relegation etc.

Blimey. That’s far too sensible. Top post

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

I saw a change today that I was not expecting on 08:53 - Aug 29 with 953 viewsButty101

I saw a change today that I was not expecting on 07:50 - Aug 29 by Heisenberg

Blimey. That’s far too sensible. Top post

Just seen the highlights and the defending for Newcastles 2nd goal was shocking. All stemmed from Salisu not marking his man, then 2 newcastle players had the freedom of the box. Not one defender near them.
3 years and Ralph has failed to improve the defence, in actual fact its got worse season by season. Its going to be a long season!

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

I saw a change today that I was not expecting on 16:12 - Aug 29 with 749 viewsBerber

I saw a change today that I was not expecting on 05:45 - Aug 29 by NYC_Saint

Re your last point. It surely is frustrating, but I sometimes forget they may be young lads who have not been to the school of hard knocks. Just think of them as schoolboys and it makes sense. Cut them some slack.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024