Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh sims has no club 17:54 - Sep 4 with 2629 viewsButty101

Worth a punt?

Seriously surprised he didn’t get picked up

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Josh sims has no club on 19:08 - Sep 4 with 2579 viewscocklebreath

Yeah release him and then sign him or is this sarcasm? Either way top thread👍🏼

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Josh sims has no club on 19:36 - Sep 4 with 2554 viewsKennington

Such a promising youngster and it’s a real shame he’s not got a club. He must be good enough to play somewhere.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Josh sims has no club on 23:37 - Sep 4 with 2460 viewscocklebreath

He once did a lovely run and great pass to Shane long which produced one of my favourite goals of all time and that’s about it.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Josh sims has no club on 10:43 - Sep 5 with 2285 viewskingslandstand1

Seem to recall everyone (well quite a few) on here raving about him and being the next Alan Ball and he should be that fighting ball winning midfielder we needed, but maybe we were all wrong
Josh sims has no club on 11:42 - Sep 5 with 2254 viewsBicester_North

Josh sims has no club on 10:43 - Sep 5 by kingslandstand1

Seem to recall everyone (well quite a few) on here raving about him and being the next Alan Ball and he should be that fighting ball winning midfielder we needed, but maybe we were all wrong

Especially as Sims was a winger!

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Josh sims has no club on 12:07 - Sep 5 with 2240 viewskingslandstand1

Josh sims has no club on 11:42 - Sep 5 by Bicester_North

Especially as Sims was a winger!

More of an AM I'd have said from what we saw of him? Maybe it was that that confused all then?
Josh sims has no club on 12:13 - Sep 5 with 2230 viewsButty101

Josh sims has no club on 12:07 - Sep 5 by kingslandstand1

More of an AM I'd have said from what we saw of him? Maybe it was that that confused all then?

You thinking of Harrison Reed , he was a bit Ball like.

It was tongue in cheek about signing him. He did have a great loan at Doncaster and they wanted him. So unless he’s injured I’m surprised he has found a club

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Josh sims has no club on 16:08 - Sep 5 with 2134 viewskingslandstand1

Josh sims has no club on 12:13 - Sep 5 by Butty101

You thinking of Harrison Reed , he was a bit Ball like.

It was tongue in cheek about signing him. He did have a great loan at Doncaster and they wanted him. So unless he’s injured I’m surprised he has found a club

Could well be
Login to get fewer ads

Josh sims has no club on 09:54 - Sep 6 with 1937 viewsChesham_Saint

Here’s a thought. With all that Saints in the community stuff of which the club is so proud, could they not extend a service to ex-academy players and be some kind of clearing house and try and source new clubs for them? He’s a reasonable player and there must be any number of lower division teams who’d benefit from having him, with whom SFC must have some kind of a relationship?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Josh sims has no club on 10:32 - Sep 6 with 1915 viewsgrumpy

Josh sims has no club on 23:37 - Sep 4 by cocklebreath

He once did a lovely run and great pass to Shane long which produced one of my favourite goals of all time and that’s about it.

1.05 i SIMS PASS
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 10:34]
Josh sims has no club on 12:42 - Sep 6 with 1855 viewsSaintNick

Josh sims has no club on 10:32 - Sep 6 by grumpy

1.05 i SIMS PASS
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 10:34]

He also laid in a lovely pass for Charlie Austin to score against Everton in the first minute of his debut, something that gave a lot of false expectations for him.

I was talking to someone of the phone today about Sims and we were discussing how many people seem to rate Sims higher than Redmond, we were both at Burnley when at 1-0 down in the last minute, Redmond won the ball and made a run laying it off to Sims who totally overhit the cross.

Everyone assumed that it was going out for a goal kick accept Carrillo who didn't give up and somehow managed to head it back across goal for Gabbiadini to equalise.

Ask people about Sims and Carrillo and they will tell you how good Sims was and how bad Carrillo was, yet they both got exactly the same return, o goals and 2 assists two vital assists in terms of what Carrillo did, without that goal at Burnley we have well have gone down

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Josh sims has no club on 13:55 - Sep 15 with 1643 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

What did Dirk Doon say about Josh Sims

Oh yes, I remember the gist of it

"Almost certainly the best trainee we have ever had at Southampton"

He really knows his stuff that Doon guy. Chortle, chortle

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Josh sims has no club on 17:49 - Sep 15 with 1543 viewssmartjoe

In response to 130ys's comment challenging Dirks football knowledge, I must say that it is most unfair. Dirk's insight and knowledge on football matters are brilliant and if he stuck to that subject all would be well.
However he does let himself down when he enters the political field.
His left wing views on Brexit and the Tory party are so misguided that it is difficult sometimes to take his football gems seriously as well.
If he stuck to football matters he would be a star.
Josh sims has no club on 11:53 - Sep 16 with 1428 viewsTimSaint

The 18k per week wages we were allegedly paying him, may have something to do with it.

Maybe he still expects to earn that amount in League 1.

TimSaint

Josh sims has no club on 14:33 - Sep 29 with 1234 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Josh sims has no club on 17:49 - Sep 15 by smartjoe

In response to 130ys's comment challenging Dirks football knowledge, I must say that it is most unfair. Dirk's insight and knowledge on football matters are brilliant and if he stuck to that subject all would be well.
However he does let himself down when he enters the political field.
His left wing views on Brexit and the Tory party are so misguided that it is difficult sometimes to take his football gems seriously as well.
If he stuck to football matters he would be a star.

I partly agree with you. Indeed - Sims is a special type of winger, a non-scoring winger who only managed to blot his copybook last season by actually scoring his first and only league goal in six seasons and his career for Doncaster Rovers. I'm sure he will reach the PL soon, as Dirk's football knowledge is so masssssive.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024