Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loads of tickets left for West Ham 22:43 - Sep 5 with 6547 viewsSaintsforeverj

Took one look at the online ticketing map and there are some blocks, like block 15, 3 and 19 which are 75 per cent empty. Some blocks half empty with the only areas being mostly sold is the Northam and the cheaper corner section of the ground. Since the lockdown, there has been a massive drop in supporter attendance by the looks of it.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 22:49]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 23:03 - Sep 5 with 3662 viewsBicester_North

Surprised about this, I could understand with the United match being on telly and stupid pricing in the holiday season, but thought this one being at 3pm on a Saturday would be more or less a sell out, especially as everyone been a bit more positive the last couple of weeks.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 23:16 - Sep 5 with 3650 viewsSaintsforeverj

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 23:03 - Sep 5 by Bicester_North

Surprised about this, I could understand with the United match being on telly and stupid pricing in the holiday season, but thought this one being at 3pm on a Saturday would be more or less a sell out, especially as everyone been a bit more positive the last couple of weeks.

The problem Saints have (and probably other clubs similar to.our size), is that they sold far fewer season tickets than usual. So there are loads of tickets available on the day, and it's much more expensive to pay for individual match tickets than having a season ticket. West Ham is an attractive game but again it's a category B game, which is still £40 plus a ticket and £70 in the most expensive section. It works out at £28 a game with a ST, so those lost ST holders arn't bothering to buy tickets for individual games. They will be back for big games or towards the end of the season probably but are picking and choosing their games. Having got out out of the habit of going too, and many been on furlough etc, they don't seem to be bothering to go. At least I hope that this is the explanation and those fans haven't totally abandoned the club.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 23:21]

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 23:50 - Sep 5 with 3614 viewsdirk_doone

There was a similar post from Nick a week before the Man United game. I guess a lot of people buy their tickets in the week before the game.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 09:00 - Sep 6 with 3469 viewsBerber

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 23:50 - Sep 5 by dirk_doone

There was a similar post from Nick a week before the Man United game. I guess a lot of people buy their tickets in the week before the game.

Hopefully. There didn't seem to be significant gaps on the day.
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 09:35 - Sep 6 with 3450 viewskingslandstand1

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 23:03 - Sep 5 by Bicester_North

£60 a ticket plus £1.50 booking fee for this Saturday may have something to do with it
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 12:33 - Sep 6 with 3386 viewsSaintNick

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 09:35 - Sep 6 by kingslandstand1

£60 a ticket plus £1.50 booking fee for this Saturday may have something to do with it

Why would £60 tickets have anything to do with it ?

The majority of adult tickets available are £40 or £45 and if someone gets put off by a £1.50 booking fee they are a little behind the times, literally every other Premier League club charges a booking fee.

The price of a ticket for a game at St Mary's is lower in relation to the price of a pint.

In 2001 the average price of a pint in the UK was £2, now it is about £4

Back in 2001 the price of a ticket for the Northam end was £26 or the price of 13 pints, for the visit of West Ham the price is £40 , roughly what you would pay for 10 pints.

So if you bought 13 pints for £4 on Saturday then using these figures the price of a ticket in the Northam end should be £52.

Rough mathematics im sure and probably someone will come back and tell me that a pint was only 1.87 back then or something.

The real problem is perception, people make statements like it is £60 a ticket as if the whole ground is that price when in truth it is only around 5,500 seats out of the 32,000 capacity.

There are still tickets left at £30 and loads left at £40 which as i showed is still less in real terms than it cost 20 years ago when we moved to St Mary's

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 14:15 - Sep 6 with 3332 viewskingslandstand1

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 12:33 - Sep 6 by SaintNick

The majority of adult tickets available are £40 or £45 and if someone gets put off by a £1.50 booking fee they are a little behind the times, literally every other Premier League club charges a booking fee.

The price of a ticket for a game at St Mary's is lower in relation to the price of a pint.

Back in 2001 the price of a ticket for the Northam end was £26 or the price of 13 pints, for the visit of West Ham the price is £40 , roughly what you would pay for 10 pints.

So if you bought 13 pints for £4 on Saturday then using these figures the price of a ticket in the Northam end should be £52.

Rough mathematics im sure and probably someone will come back and tell me that a pint was only 1.87 back then or something.

The real problem is perception, people make statements like it is £60 a ticket as if the whole ground is that price when in truth it is only around 5,500 seats out of the 32,000 capacity.

There are still tickets left at £30 and loads left at £40 which as i showed is still less in real terms than it cost 20 years ago when we moved to St Mary's

I'm sure there are, but I found out yesterday that if I was to but my seat (or one along from me that is available to all) would cost £61.50 whereas being an ST holder and therefore more committed to the club (controversial?) which is £20+ more than what I pay

For a couple to go along that's £123 and that is a lot in one hit for quite a few and part time supporters would think twice about paying that

But thanks for comparing it to the costs of a pint of beer 20 years ago!

Can you now please do a comparison as to what the mortgage rate was 20 years ago compared to what it is now
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 15:55 - Sep 6 with 3274 viewssaints__fan__73

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 12:33 - Sep 6 by SaintNick

Maybe the level of entertainment the company are providing their customers with is to blame?

I wonder if they’ll have to f’k up the turnstiles again so they can carry on not announcing what the attendance is?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 15:59 - Sep 6 with 3272 viewsSaintsforeverj

At the end of the day, if 90 per cent of the tickets were £20, the game would sell out. The cheapest sections (the blocks in the corner near the Chapel) are the sold out blocks. All the £45, £60 and £70 seats arn't. This surely tells the story.

As for the Man u game, the attendance was just over 29 000. 3000 short of a sell out. This is a game that a few years ago would sell out weeks in advance. The West Ham game still has many more tickets left. I'm going, so are probably many who post on here, but many are deciding not to. They must have their reasons. I suspect the cost has a lot to do with it. And yes, the cost to watch a "perceived" 2nd rate team, just isn't value for money.

My ST works out at about £28 per game, so is not too bad. But paying £45 plus each for individual games, probably puts people off.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 16:04]

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:06 - Sep 6 with 3256 viewsBicester_North

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 15:55 - Sep 6 by saints__fan__73

Maybe the level of entertainment the company are providing their customers with is to blame?

I wonder if they’ll have to f’k up the turnstiles again so they can carry on not announcing what the attendance is?

2 out of the first 3 games have been pretty good entertainment I think

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:13 - Sep 6 with 3246 viewsButty101

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 15:55 - Sep 6 by saints__fan__73

Nick you must drink in weatherspoons or have an NUS card if you are paying less than £4 a pint. I reckon its nearer £6.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:18 - Sep 6 with 3239 viewsButty101

As i said on the last thread a couple weeks ago. People have found other things to do. Unless you are in the big 6 everyone else can expect their attendances to drop this season.
If the first game of the seaosn against Man U dosent sell out i wonder what will. Im sure the club will doctor thr figures

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:47 - Sep 6 with 3208 viewsBuggalugs

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 15:59 - Sep 6 by Saintsforeverj

At the end of the day, if 90 per cent of the tickets were £20, the game would sell out. The cheapest sections (the blocks in the corner near the Chapel) are the sold out blocks. All the £45, £60 and £70 seats arn't. This surely tells the story.

As for the Man u game, the attendance was just over 29 000. 3000 short of a sell out. This is a game that a few years ago would sell out weeks in advance. The West Ham game still has many more tickets left. I'm going, so are probably many who post on here, but many are deciding not to. They must have their reasons. I suspect the cost has a lot to do with it. And yes, the cost to watch a "perceived" 2nd rate team, just isn't value for money.

My ST works out at about £28 per game, so is not too bad. But paying £45 plus each for individual games, probably puts people off.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 16:04]

As most league 2 clubs charge around £20 for a standard home ticket, I think it's a tad unrealistic to expect Premier League clubs to do the same.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:55 - Sep 6 with 3194 viewsPatfromPoole

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:13 - Sep 6 by Butty101

Nick you must drink in weatherspoons or have an NUS card if you are paying less than £4 a pint. I reckon its nearer £6.

There is more chance of Saintwizzler having a threesome with Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle, filmed by James Hewitt, than of Nick drinking in a Wetherspoon.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 17:02 - Sep 6 with 3180 viewsSaintsforeverj

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:47 - Sep 6 by Buggalugs

As most league 2 clubs charge around £20 for a standard home ticket, I think it's a tad unrealistic to expect Premier League clubs to do the same.

Well then it won't be a sell out.

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 17:21 - Sep 6 with 3168 viewsButty101

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:55 - Sep 6 by PatfromPoole

There is more chance of Saintwizzler having a threesome with Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle, filmed by James Hewitt, than of Nick drinking in a Wetherspoon.

Well he must be drinking top deck then as I never pay £4 a pint! He must be quoting a national average or supermarket price. It’s way out

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 22:14 - Sep 6 with 3025 viewsWaylander

This is a game I would normally go to, but I just don't feel ready to run the risk with 40k postive tests a day atm
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 22:17 - Sep 6 with 3021 viewsSaintsforeverj

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 22:14 - Sep 6 by Waylander

This is a game I would normally go to, but I just don't feel ready to run the risk with 40k postive tests a day atm

It's obviously your choice, fair enough, but are you double jabbed? It's 96 per cent effective against hospitalisation and death. More people are dying from flu and heart disease currently. It's more dangerous, statistically, to get in a car or to eat unhealthy foods etc. I just mean, perhaps you are missing out unnecessarily.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 22:18]

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 22:38 - Sep 6 with 2992 viewsWaylander

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 22:17 - Sep 6 by Saintsforeverj

It's obviously your choice, fair enough, but are you double jabbed? It's 96 per cent effective against hospitalisation and death. More people are dying from flu and heart disease currently. It's more dangerous, statistically, to get in a car or to eat unhealthy foods etc. I just mean, perhaps you are missing out unnecessarily.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 22:18]

I'm double-jabbed, but I'm a leukaemia survivor and the available literature suggests that my response to the vaccines is likely to be considerably lower than someone with a normal immune system. Maybe when I've had a booster shot.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 22:48]
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 22:44 - Sep 6 with 2980 viewsSaintsforeverj

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 22:38 - Sep 6 by Waylander

I'm double-jabbed, but I'm a leukaemia survivor and the available literature suggests that my response to the vaccines is likely to be considerably lower than someone with a normal immune system. Maybe when I've had a booster shot.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 22:48]

Fair enough. In your particular case, I can see why you are cautious.

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 23:16 - Sep 6 with 2947 viewsSalisburySaint

Spot on

It seems loads now realise we will not sell out many games, so wait until later to get tickets

I’m sure we’ll get near to 30k come Saturday
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 00:11 - Sep 8 with 2617 viewsSouthamptonfan

Seems like there are still a lot of tickets left. Thousands still available for Saturday.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 0:14]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 19:03 - Sep 8 with 2459 views1teeminants

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 22:14 - Sep 6 by Waylander

If you’re double jabbed you need to get on with life. This virus isn’t going anywhere.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 13:04 - Sep 9 with 2293 viewsfranniesTache

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 00:11 - Sep 8 by Southamptonfan

Seems like there are still a lot of tickets left. Thousands still available for Saturday.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 0:14]

Seems to be true across the league, Newcastle have been getting slatted for putting tickets on general sale and had 13k tickets unsold the week of their game with us.

Maybe, just maybe, in a period where a lot of people have lost their jobs or had partners lose theirs, anything north of £30 for a game of football is too much.

Personally i hope it's the beginning of the end of the bubble and we start to see some more sane prices in the game
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 13:47 - Sep 9 with 2250 viewssaintwizzler

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 13:04 - Sep 9 by franniesTache

Seems to be true across the league, Newcastle have been getting slatted for putting tickets on general sale and had 13k tickets unsold the week of their game with us.

Maybe, just maybe, in a period where a lot of people have lost their jobs or had partners lose theirs, anything north of £30 for a game of football is too much.

Personally i hope it's the beginning of the end of the bubble and we start to see some more sane prices in the game

£89 for a padded seat in The Kingsland Premium block for Man Utd game which was live on TV.
No concession prices either.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024