Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ref 21:18 - Sep 11 with 951 viewssaint22

Another name to add to the long list of incompetent fools officiating in the PL
Never had a grip of the game making silly errors from the off
Then fell for the head injury trick and then seemed to make up his own drop ball rules marking the pitch etc
As for not playing advantage for us at the end that was just basic
So poor
The ref on 22:21 - Sep 11 with 890 viewsElijahK

Sorry but your comment is just soo incompetent. I mean anyone who actually knows the laws of the game and how it works, knows that other than maybe one or two tackles which he got wrong, he did almost everything right. I mean I myself am actually a qualified ref so can see when a ref has messed up and when ones been fair and other than the Salisu yellow and free kick, there’s nothing that he did wrong, in which the likes of Michael Oliver and the other best referees would’ve done.

As the head injury blowing, was what’s required as play must be halted when someone has a head injury, simple as, whether you agree with the law or not is up to you, but that’s not the referee’s fault that he’s doing what he has to do. And seeing that the drop ball, well he halted it in open play so it has to be a dropped ball and he gave it to who was in possession (us) and play isn’t active until the ball hits the ground, so the West Ham players entering the 5 feet before the ball hit the ground is an offence so the drop ball needs to be retaken (which is exactly what he did).
And with the advantage for the second yellow, well the issue with that is if he does play advantage, how does he give the second yellow when the advantage ends? And also if Antonio knows he’s getting a second yellow what’s to stop him from just grabbing the attacker down to the ground/hand balling it on the line as he’s getting sent off anyway!?

As the ref was actually pretty fair, so yeah you can complain about the laws of the game and what refs are told to do, but like the offsides and handballs with VAR, everything you’ve said isn’t the ref’s fault, as he’s just done what he’s required to do to keep his job.

So I’d suggest you learn the rules yourself before commenting on a referee’s performance as only Kevin Friend against Liverpool away a few season ago, and Mike Dean for the Man U away game and Villa home game are the only proper games we’ve had with actual poor officiating where they were at fault, not the laws/VAR
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 22:04]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

The ref on 22:26 - Sep 11 with 879 viewscocklebreath

My only complaint was he should have played advantage at the end

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The ref on 08:24 - Sep 12 with 771 viewssaintwizzler

The ref on 22:26 - Sep 11 by cocklebreath

Yes.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

The ref on 09:31 - Sep 12 with 727 viewsstmichael

The ref on 22:21 - Sep 11 by ElijahK

Sorry but your comment is just soo incompetent. I mean anyone who actually knows the laws of the game and how it works, knows that other than maybe one or two tackles which he got wrong, he did almost everything right. I mean I myself am actually a qualified ref so can see when a ref has messed up and when ones been fair and other than the Salisu yellow and free kick, there’s nothing that he did wrong, in which the likes of Michael Oliver and the other best referees would’ve done.

As the head injury blowing, was what’s required as play must be halted when someone has a head injury, simple as, whether you agree with the law or not is up to you, but that’s not the referee’s fault that he’s doing what he has to do. And seeing that the drop ball, well he halted it in open play so it has to be a dropped ball and he gave it to who was in possession (us) and play isn’t active until the ball hits the ground, so the West Ham players entering the 5 feet before the ball hit the ground is an offence so the drop ball needs to be retaken (which is exactly what he did).
And with the advantage for the second yellow, well the issue with that is if he does play advantage, how does he give the second yellow when the advantage ends? And also if Antonio knows he’s getting a second yellow what’s to stop him from just grabbing the attacker down to the ground/hand balling it on the line as he’s getting sent off anyway!?

As the ref was actually pretty fair, so yeah you can complain about the laws of the game and what refs are told to do, but like the offsides and handballs with VAR, everything you’ve said isn’t the ref’s fault, as he’s just done what he’s required to do to keep his job.

So I’d suggest you learn the rules yourself before commenting on a referee’s performance as only Kevin Friend against Liverpool away a few season ago, and Mike Dean for the Man U away game and Villa home game are the only proper games we’ve had with actual poor officiating where they were at fault, not the laws/VAR
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 22:04]

How does he give the 2nd yellow if he plays advantage?
You are a qualified referee and you are asking that?

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

The ref on 10:03 - Sep 12 with 700 viewsTimSaint

Romeu won the ball, so it wasn't even a foul, let alone a yellow.

Thought he did well to overlook Antonio diving to the floor every time he lost the ball, but really should have sent him off for grabbing Stephens and throwing him to the floor - which is surely violent conduct.

If Salisu was worth a yellow then a few others should have too - especially Coufal, but other than a few inconsistencies and the advantage at the end, he did well, really.

TimSaint

The ref on 13:40 - Sep 12 with 606 viewsdirk_doone

The ref on 22:26 - Sep 11 by cocklebreath

That was so frustrating. I really thought we were going to score a late winner as it was a our best counterattack of the game, with 2 Saints players breaking free in acres of space, with nearly all of the West Ham team stranded in our half. When I saw the ref had stopped play, I was gutted. I'd have rather Antonio hadn't been shown a red card as it was no benefit to us, used up the remaining seconds of the game and stopped us scoring. You could say, he took one for his team.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 13:41]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The ref on 13:49 - Sep 12 with 595 viewsWints76

I think Elijah has summed up the sending off well there. I don't think I have ever seen a ref play advantage and then later give a player a second yellow/red after the ball has gone dead. If that players was to then influence the game by stopping a goal of scoring one, all hell would break loose

That Romeu yellow looked soft though
The ref on 15:48 - Sep 12 with 552 viewsElijahK

The ref on 09:31 - Sep 12 by stmichael

How does he give the 2nd yellow if he plays advantage?
You are a qualified referee and you are asking that?

Because you play the advantage and then once play has been halted (aka it goes out of play/a foul is committed) you give the yellow, but what happens if it doesn’t go out of play? As if it doesn’t go out of play for ages then that team has 11 players for longer than they should as you only ever play advantage for red cards when it’s almost certain to be a goal, which is never a scenario when the balls in your own half
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 15:52]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024