Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph has sorted out the defence 17:41 - Sep 18 with 1260 viewsSaintsforeverj

I was at the game, on the way back and that was a fantastic performance. A team that has scored 16 goals in their last 3 games couldn't get through us.
But for football being corrupt, we would have won the game. Ralph is doing a wonderful job. Let's beat Wolves next week and these draws will be very worthwhile. Up the Saints!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 17:52]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph has sorted out the defence on 18:21 - Sep 18 with 1153 viewssaint22

Exactly this
I was surprised he left perraud and Salisu out today but it turned out great
Just the goals we need to find now
Would like to see Broja and AA together
Ralph has sorted out the defence on 18:29 - Sep 18 with 1138 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph has sorted out the defence on 18:21 - Sep 18 by saint22

Exactly this
I was surprised he left perraud and Salisu out today but it turned out great
Just the goals we need to find now
Would like to see Broja and AA together

The goals will come. So unlucky, we hit the post last week against West ham and today we should have had a penalty. We really are millimetres away from winning games. We also look strong and a good side. Yes, Broja needs to start. We look solid in defence and that is a massive plus for us. The goals will go in and the wins will come.

Ralph has sorted out the defence on 21:28 - Sep 18 with 958 viewsSouthamptonfan

Credit where it is due. Tactical masterclass from Ralph today. A team that has spent nearly a a fortune on the team in the last few years Vs a team that has sold many of its best players. Ralph clearly doesn't get the credit he deserves for pulling off results like this. It's a great result. People are mad to think we could do better than Ralph.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 21:29]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Ralph has sorted out the defence on 22:16 - Sep 18 with 885 viewsBicester_North

Although I feel sorry for Stephens getting injured I think Salisu coming on did us a favour.

Stephens looked like he was losing his head a little bit but Salisu was class again throughout.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ralph has sorted out the defence on 22:28 - Sep 18 with 863 viewsA1079

Exactly Saintsforeverj and egg on my face for questioning his selection today (though I don't think I was alone). If only our attack/strike force would be more potent. A win against Wolves is vital, not because we are desperate but because it will make these draws even more valuable. I did not see the game and await the highlights but even if the Radio 5 commentator was suggesting it should have been a penalty. It really does feel like VAR etc is designed to help certain sides rather than ensure fairness and equlibrium in decisions.
Ralph has sorted out the defence on 07:08 - Sep 19 with 691 viewsDorsetIan

Interesting that MOTD concentrated on those final decisions. Against WHU we blew it so many times with our final pass. Seems like the same again yesterday.

Is it confidence or just a lack of ability?

With, now, a more solid defence, we will win games if we can sort this out.

Maybe a settled line up would help. Players more familiar with where they are each going to be.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph has sorted out the defence on 09:54 - Sep 19 with 582 viewsSaintNick

Ralph has sorted out the defence on 07:08 - Sep 19 by DorsetIan

Interesting that MOTD concentrated on those final decisions. Against WHU we blew it so many times with our final pass. Seems like the same again yesterday.

Is it confidence or just a lack of ability?

With, now, a more solid defence, we will win games if we can sort this out.

Maybe a settled line up would help. Players more familiar with where they are each going to be.

When you are tight at the back you take pressure off your attackers, they are not so anxious and desperate to score as they are when they know that they will probably have to score 2 or 3 if we are to win.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ralph has sorted out the defence on 14:12 - Sep 19 with 540 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph has sorted out the defence on 09:54 - Sep 19 by SaintNick

When you are tight at the back you take pressure off your attackers, they are not so anxious and desperate to score as they are when they know that they will probably have to score 2 or 3 if we are to win.

What are you saying - that they are more relaxed now and therefore sloppier with their final balls?

I don't see it. For some of them - Redmond, Djneppo (Boufal before them) - failure to find an effective final ball has been a long term problem.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph has sorted out the defence on 14:39 - Sep 19 with 515 viewsSaintsforeverj

The issue has been that we have in the past, been far too open. Always great to attack, but it was too much. We lost against all these sides last year, that this year we have got a draw against. The players up front arn't great, however we play. They miss, they make the wrong pass but that is because we can't afford the world class forwards, so we are what we are. That's why last year we lost against these sides because we couldn't score more than them. Having said that, the goals will start to go in and then confidence will improve in front of goal, I'm sure. There is room to work on our forward play and hopefully improve. Broja needs to start. But Ralph has had to find a way to give us a chance of getting a result. There was no point conceding a hatful each week, being so open, like last season. We have really tightened up and it gives us at least a point, and but for bad luck, we would have had one nil wins. This is a much more secure way of playing, more in control, less chaotic. I'm confident that against the lesser teams, the wins will come.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024