Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joy of being a Saints fan 08:22 - Sep 19 with 1780 viewsSalisburySaint

Got up 5.30 yesterday morning for train trip up to Manchester, wondering why I’m doing this.

Travelled with little hope of us getting a result and would in reality have been happy with a respectable defeat, anything under 5-0 would have been good imo

After being delayed 40 mins by Swan on the line, got to Manchester just gone Noon and had several beers in pub in lively Northern quarter pre match and catch up with mates from up north, before long walk to the ground.

Then go and do the unexpected and get a brilliant 0-0 draw, and unlucky I thought not to win, of which Man City fans on train back agreed.

It’s games like this that make it all worth while and why I continue to follow Saints home and away, they often they disappoint, but results and performances like this plus catching up with EricofArabia make it all worthwhile
Joy of being a Saints fan on 09:40 - Sep 19 with 1704 viewsSaintNick

Spot on, this is why we go to football, these days the rich are light years ahead, Jack Grealish cost more than our entire starting XI and that tells us something about football these days.

We were good value for the point and as you say it is a about joy, too often these days we seem to look for the bad things rather than the good things in watching football, we moan about what we can't have not look forward to what we can achieve

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Joy of being a Saints fan on 09:47 - Sep 19 with 1696 viewsNumber_58

What was the swan protesting about?
Joy of being a Saints fan on 10:00 - Sep 19 with 1681 viewsSalisburySaint

Joy of being a Saints fan on 09:47 - Sep 19 by Number_58

What was the swan protesting about?

Not sure, but we encountered a COVID rejection protest in Manchester too, not sure if any of our friends on this board were present
Joy of being a Saints fan on 10:05 - Sep 19 with 1673 viewsNumber_58

Joy of being a Saints fan on 10:00 - Sep 19 by SalisburySaint

Not sure, but we encountered a COVID rejection protest in Manchester too, not sure if any of our friends on this board were present

I have investigated further. It was due to a signet failure outside Crewe.
Joy of being a Saints fan on 11:21 - Sep 19 with 1616 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yesterday was a cracking away day. The team really did us proud. Slightly numbed by that ridiculous decision not to award a penalty.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Joy of being a Saints fan on 18:20 - Sep 19 with 1463 viewsericofarabia

It was a pleasure to see you again as well!!

Plenty of post match beers and met sound great Man City Fans in the pubs!

Only low points for me were the ridiculous VAR pen decision and on the walk back into town seeing a Saints Fan wearing a 50/50 scarf
Joy of being a Saints fan on 18:57 - Sep 19 with 1438 viewsgrumpy

Being a Saints fan is certainly a rollercoaster of a ride.It’s not surprising fans vent their frustration from time to time(I am guilty of that as much as anyone)but it’s a journey Saints fans have to take.I can’t think of a more depressing time than when we lost to Pompey 4-1 but what do Saints do? They thrash them 4-0 at their place.I have a brick in the wall at St. Mary’s SFC Forever and I would never support any other.
Joy of being a Saints fan on 19:17 - Sep 19 with 1423 viewsChesham_Saint

Joy of being a Saints fan on 18:20 - Sep 19 by ericofarabia

It was a pleasure to see you again as well!!

Plenty of post match beers and met sound great Man City Fans in the pubs!

Only low points for me were the ridiculous VAR pen decision and on the walk back into town seeing a Saints Fan wearing a 50/50 scarf

Er, if the guy was wearing a 50/50 scarf how did you know he was a Saints fan?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Joy of being a Saints fan on 20:42 - Sep 19 with 1379 viewsBuggalugs

Yep, echo all of this. 8am train from Central, arriving into Manchester at 12.30. Tram into Deansgate for a few bevs then up to ground just in time for kick off. Chatted to some great City lads both to and from ground and not only were they very respectful about us, they certainly hadn’t let all the riches and success they’ve had go to their heads.

Got back about 10pm and had a thoroughly enjoyable day. I know we don’t have much to cheer about, but these kind of days are why I still love going…all for a 0-0!

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Joy of being a Saints fan on 19:26 - Sep 21 with 1062 viewsericofarabia

Joy of being a Saints fan on 19:17 - Sep 19 by Chesham_Saint

Er, if the guy was wearing a 50/50 scarf how did you know he was a Saints fan?

Saints away kit was a bit of a give away, but you may have a point as it was the female accompanying him who had 50/50 on, so maybe she was a fence sitter!!
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 19:31]
Joy of being a Saints fan on 00:45 - Sep 22 with 956 viewsChesham_Saint

Joy of being a Saints fan on 19:26 - Sep 21 by ericofarabia

Saints away kit was a bit of a give away, but you may have a point as it was the female accompanying him who had 50/50 on, so maybe she was a fence sitter!!
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 19:31]

I think he’d have preferred it if she was a face sitter..!

Joy of being a Saints fan on 09:46 - Sep 22 with 866 viewsBerber

Joy of being a Saints fan on 00:45 - Sep 22 by Chesham_Saint

I think he’d have preferred it if she was a face sitter..!

And there is me thinking, "Calm down berber, no need to dive in with some smut".
Joy of being a Saints fan on 10:43 - Sep 22 with 842 viewsChesham_Saint

Joy of being a Saints fan on 09:46 - Sep 22 by Berber

And there is me thinking, "Calm down berber, no need to dive in with some smut".

😇

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024