Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elephant in the room 19:24 - Sep 30 with 2225 viewsI_would

No one wants to mention that our star player and captain on 100k pw is overlooked for the third time for his country. Of course he has an excuse, he's hasn't been fit due to having stomach problems for a while that was sufficient for him to require a change of diet. If he has these problem, let's hope he gets over it quickly but why on earth has Ralph picked him when he's been in such poor form and we can't buy a win at the moment?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Elephant in the room on 20:47 - Sep 30 with 2135 viewsA1079

Even I have to admit that on current form he is not good enough to get into the International Team. I am not sure he would be picked even if he was good enough as I think England managers - English or otherwise generally have a blind spot when it comes to Saints players often only giving a cursory glance or odd game to try and satisfy any noise. But, put simply I would not pick him for England at the moment.

I also have to admit, that I am not sure he warrants an automatic choice in our first team currently - though there are others I would place in that frame as well (some even moreso. I am hoping he gets his form back (though I realise you never believed he ever had any form). But him and Romeu are not giving the impetus in midfield we need and hopefully Armstrong coming back will add some much needed injection of pace and forward play.
Elephant in the room on 20:55 - Sep 30 with 2131 viewssaint68

He is definitely off his game currently, that's clearly visible to anyone...but we all have those periods in life..

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Elephant in the room on 21:05 - Sep 30 with 2119 viewsI_would

Elephant in the room on 20:47 - Sep 30 by A1079

Even I have to admit that on current form he is not good enough to get into the International Team. I am not sure he would be picked even if he was good enough as I think England managers - English or otherwise generally have a blind spot when it comes to Saints players often only giving a cursory glance or odd game to try and satisfy any noise. But, put simply I would not pick him for England at the moment.

I also have to admit, that I am not sure he warrants an automatic choice in our first team currently - though there are others I would place in that frame as well (some even moreso. I am hoping he gets his form back (though I realise you never believed he ever had any form). But him and Romeu are not giving the impetus in midfield we need and hopefully Armstrong coming back will add some much needed injection of pace and forward play.

I seem to remember a lack of goals when Armstrong was injured before and the form returned along with him. We really shouldn't be relying on one man though to provide an attacking threat and I think two defensive CM's is causing the problem with lack of goals. If Ralph wants to change our fortunes he's going to have to have Romeu stopping threats (better at it than Prowsey) and Diallo in for Prowsey. Also Redmond is nullifying our attacks with stopping all the time and needs replacing. These two changes alone could transform our speed of transition.

Elephant in the room on 21:58 - Sep 30 with 2072 viewsA1079

Elephant in the room on 21:05 - Sep 30 by I_would

I seem to remember a lack of goals when Armstrong was injured before and the form returned along with him. We really shouldn't be relying on one man though to provide an attacking threat and I think two defensive CM's is causing the problem with lack of goals. If Ralph wants to change our fortunes he's going to have to have Romeu stopping threats (better at it than Prowsey) and Diallo in for Prowsey. Also Redmond is nullifying our attacks with stopping all the time and needs replacing. These two changes alone could transform our speed of transition.

Don't disagree with you there I_Would.
Elephant in the room on 22:15 - Sep 30 with 2058 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

No one has overlooked it and most people have been critical of him. Your agenda is odd.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Elephant in the room on 22:27 - Sep 30 with 2036 viewssaintwizzler

Redmond and KWP don’t work on the left.
We have two left footed players in the squad now, albeit Left Backs, time to chuck them in.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Elephant in the room on 09:43 - Oct 1 with 1846 viewsSonicBoom

For me it's a tactical thing. Even fully fit and at the top of their games Romeu and JWP are essentially defensive midfielders. They win the ball back and give it to more creative players. At best they just keep it moving across the park.
So why do we expect them to be creative?

Either Ralph needs to take one out and replace them with someone who passes forwards and can shoot (although I don't think we have a CM that can do that) - or we need the wider supposedly more creative players to step up. For me that is where the problem really lies.
Lack of decent service from Redmond, Djenepo, KWP, Walcott and even Adams.
Elephant in the room on 10:03 - Oct 1 with 1835 viewsNumber_58

Is JWP really playing that badly? Apart from a few sloppy corners that haven't made it past the first defender, he doesn't seem to have done that much wrong. I don't recall him passing the ball straight to the opposition like PEH used to on an irritatingly regular basis, or give away stupid free kicks and get him self booked like Romeu's prone to. In my view he's always been a tenacious, box-to-box player with a 'big engine' who plays simple sideways and backwards passes. If anyone thought by doubling his wages he would turn himself into Pirlot or Guillit and start spraying 40 yard defence splitting passes then they're a bit misguided. But most of all, JWP was catapulted into the England squad thanks to his incredible free-kicks, and deservedly so. But how many dead-ball opportunities has he had so far this season? Not sure about the away games but at St Mary's I can recall just the one long range effort last Sunday. If our 'creative' players actually start running at the opposition in dangerous areas we might start getting a few free kicks and then, hopefully, we'll see JWP's true value to the team.
Login to get fewer ads

Elephant in the room on 14:00 - Oct 1 with 1745 viewsSadoldgit

Elephant in the room on 10:03 - Oct 1 by Number_58

Is JWP really playing that badly? Apart from a few sloppy corners that haven't made it past the first defender, he doesn't seem to have done that much wrong. I don't recall him passing the ball straight to the opposition like PEH used to on an irritatingly regular basis, or give away stupid free kicks and get him self booked like Romeu's prone to. In my view he's always been a tenacious, box-to-box player with a 'big engine' who plays simple sideways and backwards passes. If anyone thought by doubling his wages he would turn himself into Pirlot or Guillit and start spraying 40 yard defence splitting passes then they're a bit misguided. But most of all, JWP was catapulted into the England squad thanks to his incredible free-kicks, and deservedly so. But how many dead-ball opportunities has he had so far this season? Not sure about the away games but at St Mary's I can recall just the one long range effort last Sunday. If our 'creative' players actually start running at the opposition in dangerous areas we might start getting a few free kicks and then, hopefully, we'll see JWP's true value to the team.

I agree, I don’t think that he has been poor although I also don’t think he or Romeru have been playing up to their usual standards. I don’t think we have been playing badly so far this season but we haven’t been much of a goal threat. Ralph needs to get Armstrong into areas where he can cause problems.
Elephant in the room on 15:07 - Oct 1 with 1733 viewsI_would

Elephant in the room on 14:00 - Oct 1 by Sadoldgit

I agree, I don’t think that he has been poor although I also don’t think he or Romeru have been playing up to their usual standards. I don’t think we have been playing badly so far this season but we haven’t been much of a goal threat. Ralph needs to get Armstrong into areas where he can cause problems.

If you'd have been in the band on the Titanic you would have serenaded everyone into their lifeboats wouldn't you? Let's all sit and clap while Ralph takes us down...........you are a proper fan SOG.

Elephant in the room on 16:28 - Oct 1 with 1706 viewsSadoldgit

Elephant in the room on 15:07 - Oct 1 by I_would

If you'd have been in the band on the Titanic you would have serenaded everyone into their lifeboats wouldn't you? Let's all sit and clap while Ralph takes us down...........you are a proper fan SOG.

Unlike you who would have been slagging off the Captain. Proper supporters support the team, they don’t spend all their times slagging off people who are doing their best. JWP was voted our player of the year last year but you know best.
Elephant in the room on 17:07 - Oct 1 with 1689 viewsNumber_58

Elephant in the room on 15:07 - Oct 1 by I_would

So do you think one person continually slagging off a player he hates on a football forum will make any difference to our Premier League survival hopes? If you feel that strongly, how about getting down to the training ground with a placard, or maybe start up your own protest movement. Go on, do it.
Elephant in the room on 21:22 - Oct 1 with 1603 viewsI_would

Elephant in the room on 17:07 - Oct 1 by Number_58

So do you think one person continually slagging off a player he hates on a football forum will make any difference to our Premier League survival hopes? If you feel that strongly, how about getting down to the training ground with a placard, or maybe start up your own protest movement. Go on, do it.

Why bother with the forum at all if nothing makes any difference?

Elephant in the room on 16:23 - Oct 2 with 1467 viewsBerber

Elephant in the room on 21:22 - Oct 1 by I_would

Why bother with the forum at all if nothing makes any difference?

😂 you would know.
Elephant in the room on 09:22 - Oct 8 with 1197 viewsAndylad63

Look I_would has never had any love for JWP he is entitled to his opinion. It is clear the whole squad is lacking confidence our wide men not giving the option of an easy out ball, our strikers knowing there is unlikely to be any service not running the channels as hard and as often as they can. JWP has this season worked harder on his defensive duties and ending up playing a bit to deep as a result we have been more secure at the back. However, his ability to influence our attacking play and speed of transition has been hampered. If he takes the ball or receives the ball in midfield moving forward his chances of making a telling and timely pass are far greater than if he is on the edge of his own penalty area facing his own goal with the entire opposition midfield and defence to beat. He either has to play a hit and hope ball, a safe sideways or backward pass or try and beat his immediate opponent (not his greatest skill) all options 8 times in 10 make him look bad either with the end product of speed of transition. Let's not forget there must have been massive confidence hit at not being selected for the England Euro's squad we all remember the effect a similar exclusion had on Ryan Bertrand,
Elephant in the room on 13:28 - Oct 8 with 1143 viewsMessysaints

it really does amaze me how much shit are players get, he hasnt been on top of his game, but its not like the start of the season has been easy and he has still created more goal scoring chances than all are forward players............ it would help if you did more than watch the highlights.....

Top goalscorer, top on chances created, yet moaning about him.. get a grip... Did you know that Diallo has just 2 assist and 1 goal in all his time playing?
Elephant in the room on 15:23 - Oct 8 with 1103 viewsI_would

Elephant in the room on 13:28 - Oct 8 by Messysaints

it really does amaze me how much shit are players get, he hasnt been on top of his game, but its not like the start of the season has been easy and he has still created more goal scoring chances than all are forward players............ it would help if you did more than watch the highlights.....

Top goalscorer, top on chances created, yet moaning about him.. get a grip... Did you know that Diallo has just 2 assist and 1 goal in all his time playing?

I've suffered every minute so far this season and all I've seen from our toppest of top players is a steady jog whilst watching the ball. Perhaps if Ralph put Diallo on the actual pitch he might get a few more stats. He should have him on against Leeds anyway and we will be a lot better for three games then Prowsey will come back and we'll revert to our no goal ever again form.

Elephant in the room on 15:34 - Oct 8 with 1097 viewsMessysaints

Elephant in the room on 15:23 - Oct 8 by I_would

I've suffered every minute so far this season and all I've seen from our toppest of top players is a steady jog whilst watching the ball. Perhaps if Ralph put Diallo on the actual pitch he might get a few more stats. He should have him on against Leeds anyway and we will be a lot better for three games then Prowsey will come back and we'll revert to our no goal ever again form.

yes ofc, a more defensive player than JWP is going to solve all are scoring woes HAHAHAHA omg.. you are so dense its unreal..
Elephant in the room on 16:12 - Oct 8 with 1069 viewsI_would

Elephant in the room on 15:34 - Oct 8 by Messysaints

yes ofc, a more defensive player than JWP is going to solve all are scoring woes HAHAHAHA omg.. you are so dense its unreal..

The only time that the boy is properly 'offensive' is when he does his clumsy interviews.

Elephant in the room on 18:22 - Oct 8 with 1040 viewsMessysaints

Elephant in the room on 16:12 - Oct 8 by I_would

The only time that the boy is properly 'offensive' is when he does his clumsy interviews.

of course, in your world, in the real world mind, he is curently the most creative out of are midfielders, forwards and strikers, with only Liv creating more chances most of which JWP was apart of the sequence of play... but dont let the FACTS get in the way.

The fact a poor off form JWP is still topping most stuff says it all about the team.
Elephant in the room on 11:31 - Oct 9 with 955 viewssaint68

Elephant in the room on 15:23 - Oct 8 by I_would

"I've suffered every minute so far this season " Glorious quote bud, was the worst minute the last minute v Newcastle?

Elephant in the room on 12:29 - Oct 9 with 932 viewsI_would

Elephant in the room on 11:31 - Oct 9 by saint68

"I've suffered every minute so far this season " Glorious quote bud, was the worst minute the last minute v Newcastle?

I shared that dread of a miss with Ralph by the look of him.

Elephant in the room on 12:46 - Oct 9 with 917 viewssaint68

Elephant in the room on 12:29 - Oct 9 by I_would

I shared that dread of a miss with Ralph by the look of him.

Outstanding composure from the boy wasn't it though

Elephant in the room on 13:07 - Oct 9 with 901 viewsI_would

Elephant in the room on 12:46 - Oct 9 by saint68

Outstanding composure from the boy wasn't it though

Obviously extreme luck.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024