Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford 15:29 - Oct 3 with 926 viewskingslandstand1

I'm not watching the game so don't know what the play is like, but I see they are winning at West Ham

I didn't expect them to struggle, but they really are setting the place alight! It just doesn't look like their "newly promoted momentum" bubble is going to burst for a while yet and shaking a few teams up> What a season for them

Just glad we not playing them for a couple of months or so

Oh for a manger like .......................... ahh, no wait a minute
Brentford on 16:05 - Oct 3 with 889 views1885_SFC

Brentford won it 2-1 with THE very last kick of the game. Well done them. Good side.

Old School is Cool

Brentford on 19:44 - Oct 3 with 792 viewsdirk_doone

Brentford on 16:05 - Oct 3 by 1885_SFC

Brentford won it 2-1 with THE very last kick of the game. Well done them. Good side.

They have built a good Premier League squad with very astute recruitment for which Rasmus Ankersen must take a lot of credit. He's still only 38 yet he's already achieved so much that it's likely he will eventually be poached by a bigger club. It reminds me of the Paul Mitchell situation at Southampton. They have a lot in common.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 19:47]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Brentford on 19:51 - Oct 3 with 782 viewsBicester_North

They’ve made a good start but there’s a possibility people are getting carried away after 7 matches. Everyone raved about Sheff U for a season a couple of years back.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Brentford on 20:43 - Oct 3 with 741 viewskingslandstand1

Brentford on 19:51 - Oct 3 by Bicester_North

They’ve made a good start but there’s a possibility people are getting carried away after 7 matches. Everyone raved about Sheff U for a season a couple of years back.

I was going to mentionthem in my OP, and look here they are now.

Trouble is their better players will get poached as no matter what, and with respect to Brentford, I'm sure if a bigger established prem club came in they wouldn't take much persuading. Just look at Ollie Watkins now
Brentford on 21:46 - Oct 3 with 712 viewsdirk_doone

Brentford on 20:43 - Oct 3 by kingslandstand1

I was going to mentionthem in my OP, and look here they are now.

Trouble is their better players will get poached as no matter what, and with respect to Brentford, I'm sure if a bigger established prem club came in they wouldn't take much persuading. Just look at Ollie Watkins now

As long as they can keep Rasmus Ankersen, they'll find replacements who are even better, like we did when we had Paul Mitchell.

Keeping Ankersen is key for them. They'll fade a bit in the second half of the season like all promoted teams do but they won't slide back down until he goes.

Brentford on 15:46 - Oct 4 with 558 viewsSonicBoom

If htey have a decent season then the vultures will pick them clean. Up to now the players have stayed due to their upward trajectory, but at the end of this season they'll face the problems we did. Not only selling Toney for example, but finding another one just as good for next season.
Brentford on 16:05 - Oct 4 with 538 viewsSaintsforeverj

They are riding on a wave of excitement and emotion. They will be fine this year, but will then struggle like Huddersfield and Sheff Utd did I would predict. Great to see though. They have a great manager but they probably won't keep him for long.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Brentford on 19:02 - Oct 4 with 469 viewsdirk_doone

Brentford on 15:46 - Oct 4 by SonicBoom

If htey have a decent season then the vultures will pick them clean. Up to now the players have stayed due to their upward trajectory, but at the end of this season they'll face the problems we did. Not only selling Toney for example, but finding another one just as good for next season.

David Raya is very important for them. I remember watching him play for Blackburn U21s at St Mary's 6 years ago and you could see he was a brilliant goalkeeper even then. I'd always hoped we'd sign him but, of course, we got Alex McCarthy instead.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024