Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle 23:06 - Oct 6 with 3585 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58821131

We have heard this many times before, but is this takeover finally about to happen? Talk of these new owners investing huge amounts in the team. This would make it even more difficult for us.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 23:18]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Newcastle on 07:38 - Oct 7 with 2442 viewssolent_toffee

I imagine there will be a lot of protest from non-Newcastle fans, especially hypocritical ones from the so called big six, but it is what it is and I hope Newcastle fans enjoy the ride.

Football is shot anyway so having another Man City type takeover will be entertaining at least even if it pushes the rest further behind. Finishing ninth is the eighth anyway.
Newcastle on 12:02 - Oct 7 with 2318 viewsButty101

Newcastle on 07:38 - Oct 7 by solent_toffee

I imagine there will be a lot of protest from non-Newcastle fans, especially hypocritical ones from the so called big six, but it is what it is and I hope Newcastle fans enjoy the ride.

Football is shot anyway so having another Man City type takeover will be entertaining at least even if it pushes the rest further behind. Finishing ninth is the eighth anyway.

Yeah this.

All though from a saints POV thats one more team that wont get relegated now.

Bruce has now gone to fav to be the next manager sacked

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Newcastle on 12:23 - Oct 7 with 2305 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yep, good luck to them. A big club with a massive fanbase, who like us have been let down and a poor team for ages. But, am I jealous? Not at all 😂

Newcastle on 17:34 - Oct 7 with 2147 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58826899

And now it's done. Newcastle owned by the richest owners in the world.Now they will be a major world football force. Lucky them.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 17:35]

Newcastle on 18:03 - Oct 7 with 2109 viewsElijahK

Well that’s another team that’s ahead of us now! I mean how long until the PL just collapses/every team has some billionaire owner?

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Newcastle on 18:42 - Oct 7 with 2054 viewsCenturion

Feels pretty hopeless unless you have a very rich owner willing to spend hundreds of millions.
Newcastle on 18:48 - Oct 7 with 2045 viewsSadoldgit

They were talking about it on the radio earlier and the consensus was that it will take them some time to become a major force in football, it won’t just happen over night.
Newcastle on 19:47 - Oct 7 with 1991 viewssolent_toffee

Newcastle on 18:48 - Oct 7 by Sadoldgit

They were talking about it on the radio earlier and the consensus was that it will take them some time to become a major force in football, it won’t just happen over night.

The same was said about City and whilst those couple of years were a bit of a journey, that journey was a million times better than the shite City fans had been served up for many years before.

As someone said above, I doubt they will get relegated, they will spend big and there will be some disastrous signings but they will get there and their fans might even see them winning a trophy in their lifetime so they won’t give a monkeys about any other noise. And fair do’s.
Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle on 19:57 - Oct 7 with 1986 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's just becoming almost impossible to get anywhere in the PL. You have the super rich powers of football, now joined by Newcastle and then you have another set of relatively good teams that spend a lot: Everton, Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs, Leeds, Villa and so on. Who we left with? Us, Burnley, Norwich, Watford. Even Palace are spending now.

Newcastle on 20:55 - Oct 7 with 1933 viewsBicester_North

Newcastle on 19:57 - Oct 7 by Saintsforeverj

It's just becoming almost impossible to get anywhere in the PL. You have the super rich powers of football, now joined by Newcastle and then you have another set of relatively good teams that spend a lot: Everton, Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs, Leeds, Villa and so on. Who we left with? Us, Burnley, Norwich, Watford. Even Palace are spending now.

All good having endless money but they really need the right manager, I see Gerrard is bookies favourite with Conte not far behind

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Newcastle on 21:08 - Oct 7 with 1927 viewsSadoldgit

Newcastle on 19:57 - Oct 7 by Saintsforeverj

Brighton and Brentford aren’t doing too badly. Just goes to show what you can achieve with the right recruitment and coaching.
Newcastle on 21:58 - Oct 7 with 1879 viewskingslandstand1

Newcastle on 21:08 - Oct 7 by Sadoldgit

Brighton and Brentford aren’t doing too badly. Just goes to show what you can achieve with the right recruitment and coaching.

At this time last season we were dong pretty well as well, and come November spent some time top of the league> Somehow I don't think either of those 2 will manage that

And look where we are now (accepting we have not had the easiest start on paper to the season)
Newcastle on 22:10 - Oct 7 with 1862 viewsDorsetIan

It's become a little bit harder to pick three clubs other than Saints that are going to finish in the bottom three this year.

Norwich, Watford, Burnley maybe.

Leeds, Palace??

With Brighton and Brentford having such good starts, difficult to pick them at this stage.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Newcastle on 22:16 - Oct 7 with 1855 viewsSaintsforeverj

Newcastle on 20:55 - Oct 7 by Bicester_North

All good having endless money but they really need the right manager, I see Gerrard is bookies favourite with Conte not far behind

Although those with the most money, Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool will finish above anyone else. I would bet now, those will be the top 4, and in my opinion it's not because they have the best managers. They finished there most years, whoever is manager. Put it this way, OGS got relegated with Cardiff but doesn't with Man U? Why, because Man U have lots of money. I'd love to see Guardiola work with Redmond, Walcott and Djenepo. Likewise if Ralph had Lukaku up front and Dias in defense, we would probably be a much better team, right?

Next will be Spurs, Everton, Villa, Arsenal, Leicester, all who have spent money. Brighton have also spent a lot in terms of net spend over the last few years. Brentford will be like Huddersfield and Sheff Utd. One good year riding on a wave, then they will struggle. Palace now have investment too. There will be the odd freak season but on the whole the PL is so predictable. The top 4 is already decided. I agree that if you don't have any money, you have to have an outstanding manager to have any chance of surviving.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 22:41]

Newcastle on 22:40 - Oct 7 with 1808 viewspjt50

A bit irrational, but I can honestly say that I wouldn't want Saints to be taken over by a front for the obnoxious Saudi regime. If it happened it would probably be enough — along with other things that are going on — for me to give it a miss.

I'm a bit surprised that only 7% of Newcastle fans are against - although maybe I'd think differently too if were owned by Mike Ashley.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Newcastle on 22:43 - Oct 7 with 1805 viewsSaintsforeverj

Newcastle on 22:40 - Oct 7 by pjt50

A bit irrational, but I can honestly say that I wouldn't want Saints to be taken over by a front for the obnoxious Saudi regime. If it happened it would probably be enough — along with other things that are going on — for me to give it a miss.

I'm a bit surprised that only 7% of Newcastle fans are against - although maybe I'd think differently too if were owned by Mike Ashley.

I understand the moral side of this, but you honestly wouldn't be tempted to go and watch Saints in a title winning game, win the PL title for the first time ever with Mbappe up front ( if it was us that was taken over)?
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 22:44]

Newcastle on 06:34 - Oct 8 with 1700 viewsSalisburySaint

Great day for Newcastle but a bad day for Football in general

Money is ruining the game, and especially coming from sources such as this with blood on their hands, the Premier leagues check of fit for purpose a waste of time

What next North Korea take over of Middlesbrough given the historical links with the town in 1966

Syrian regime to take over another club

The gap betweenness the super rich and rest in the Premier League is getting wider than ever, which can’t be good for the game, although SKY are lapping it up.

Maybe yo yo clubs like Fulham and Norwich have got the right idea one year of struggle followed by another of winning most weeks !
Newcastle on 06:41 - Oct 8 with 1691 viewssaintwizzler

Newcastle on 06:34 - Oct 8 by SalisburySaint

Money is ruining the game, and especially coming from sources such as this with blood on their hands, the Premier leagues check of fit for purpose a waste of time

What next North Korea take over of Middlesbrough given the historical links with the town in 1966

The gap betweenness the super rich and rest in the Premier League is getting wider than ever, which can’t be good for the game, although SKY are lapping it up.

Maybe yo yo clubs like Fulham and Norwich have got the right idea one year of struggle followed by another of winning most weeks !

QPR were once the richest club on paper…

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Newcastle on 07:11 - Oct 8 with 1676 viewsRednWight

But the great financial fair play rules will limit them
Oh………. hang on

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Newcastle on 08:29 - Oct 8 with 1619 viewssolent_toffee

Newcastle on 07:11 - Oct 8 by RednWight

But the great financial fair play rules will limit them
Oh………. hang on

FFP could limit them to a degree, it would depend on how successful some of their big signings turn out to be, how creative their accounting is especially the money in element and finally how much Liverpool and Man Utd cry arse to the premier league.
Newcastle on 08:34 - Oct 8 with 1613 viewssolent_toffee

Newcastle on 22:16 - Oct 7 by Saintsforeverj

Although those with the most money, Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool will finish above anyone else. I would bet now, those will be the top 4, and in my opinion it's not because they have the best managers. They finished there most years, whoever is manager. Put it this way, OGS got relegated with Cardiff but doesn't with Man U? Why, because Man U have lots of money. I'd love to see Guardiola work with Redmond, Walcott and Djenepo. Likewise if Ralph had Lukaku up front and Dias in defense, we would probably be a much better team, right?

Next will be Spurs, Everton, Villa, Arsenal, Leicester, all who have spent money. Brighton have also spent a lot in terms of net spend over the last few years. Brentford will be like Huddersfield and Sheff Utd. One good year riding on a wave, then they will struggle. Palace now have investment too. There will be the odd freak season but on the whole the PL is so predictable. The top 4 is already decided. I agree that if you don't have any money, you have to have an outstanding manager to have any chance of surviving.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 22:41]

It will be interesting to see what kind of model Newcastle end up having. Regardless of the amount of money City and Chelsea have spent on big signings, they have both got their academies spot on (to Saints detriment in Chelsea’s case) and bring young players through the youth set up.

You’re right about the likes of Guardiola, he is labelled a genius but he’s only ever managed at Barca, Bayern and City - he’s hardly testing himself there.

As for what manager would want to manage them, the answer would be every top manager in the world, because money talks. Christ, Carlo Ancelotti was Everton manager FFS.
Newcastle on 09:27 - Oct 8 with 1558 viewsSonicBoom

Saw a great tweet yesterday regarding the morality of football these days....

"If ISIS had been smart, instead of blowing stuff up, they’d have bought our football clubs. Then most people in the country would praise them as heroes and saviours."
Newcastle on 09:43 - Oct 8 with 1542 viewsDorsetIan

Newcastle on 06:34 - Oct 8 by SalisburySaint

I don't begrudge the Newcastle fans an owner who will hopefully provide them with some investment. I listened to one fan yesterday talking about the 14 barren years of Ashley's ownership when the club just limped along without proper investment and I thought about the guff that Nick writes about Gao's ownership being OK, and wondered whether we're going to be in this Gao limbo for 14 years.

But as for the Premier League...

...the Newcastle purchase has been been bought by the fund whose sole objective is to manage the investments of the Saudi govt and is chaired by the effective Saudi head of state. But the Premier League are happy that the Saudi govt does not 'control' Newcastle. There are £500 billion economic reasons why that is complete b0ll0cks.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Newcastle on 09:52 - Oct 8 with 1517 viewsAndylad63

In fairness Newcastle United's fans are amongst the most passionate in the country without even a sniff of winning anything major. They follow their team all over the country in great numbers (beer bellies out), they fill their stadium each week something we can't claim. The Toon army are on the whole some of the least obnoxious and pleasant away fans you can meet in the bars around the city centre the night before and on match day win lose or draw. I'd take the Geordies over an "entitled" plastic Mancs, Bin dippers or the arrogant Chelski, Gooner or North London Yobbos any day. Good luck to them, but probably a bad day for the team I love.
Newcastle on 09:56 - Oct 8 with 1516 views1885_SFC

I'm going to wager a small bet that there will be a BBC Panorama documentary on the Saudi's acquisition of Newcastle FC within the next fortnight or so. It'll be a yawnfest of course - because nothing can or will be done. But the BBC, being based in Manchester, will show their faux outrage at the deal that will (eventually) see Newcastle rival the big two Manchester clubs financially... and we can't have that.

It's a dirty business is football and the BBC do like a good drama - even though they're pretty crap at making them (Line of Duty & Peaky Blinders aside).

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024