Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
just hot air? 09:04 - Oct 13 with 1507 viewssaint22

Always inclined to take these "stories" with a pinch of salt, but there does seem to be more and more appearing as the weeks go by?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/southampton-hassenhuttl-dressing-room/

Does feel like the next 3 games are huge for Ralph
just hot air? on 09:40 - Oct 13 with 1474 viewsSaintNick

It is hard to sort the wheat from the chafe in these type of stories, dressing rooms will always have players in them who are disgruntled with the manager and will plant a story or two in the press , then you will have parties who have an interest in Hasenhuttl being sacked, Eddie Howe's agent for instance .

Look at the rumours of JWP to Aston Villa, I was told back in May by someone in the game that this was going to happen , it went quiet for a while then suddenly it was all over the place about Villa in for him and bids etc, but it didn't happen

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

just hot air? on 10:10 - Oct 13 with 1442 viewssaints__fan__73

Wouldn't at all be surprised that, given the grubby way in which the club is 'run', that the stories weren't leaked to the press by the club itself.

If they feel that Eddie Howe is the only way to keep their fat noses in the trough then the ideal scenario now is for Ralph to feel so defeated that he quits and saves the club around £8m.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

just hot air? on 10:23 - Oct 13 with 1427 viewsSaintsforeverj

just hot air? on 10:10 - Oct 13 by saints__fan__73

Wouldn't at all be surprised that, given the grubby way in which the club is 'run', that the stories weren't leaked to the press by the club itself.

If they feel that Eddie Howe is the only way to keep their fat noses in the trough then the ideal scenario now is for Ralph to feel so defeated that he quits and saves the club around £8m.

There is no way Ralph would quit. Would you lose 8 million pounds? I can't see this as true at all. Only 2 days ago, Semmens said about the importance of stability and keeping the same manager. He talks about Ralph in high regard. The only way he would be sacked, is if the club thought we were at serious risk of relegation and therefore not acting would cost the club more than the 8 million pay off. If we fuss over a few million when buying a player, I'm pretty sure we don't have 8 million plus to waste unless it's absolutely necessary.

There is another theory going round, that Newcastle want Rogers at Leicester and Leicester want Ralph, and then Howe would come here. But who knows.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 10:24]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

just hot air? on 10:35 - Oct 13 with 1399 viewssaints__fan__73

just hot air? on 10:23 - Oct 13 by Saintsforeverj

There is no way Ralph would quit. Would you lose 8 million pounds? I can't see this as true at all. Only 2 days ago, Semmens said about the importance of stability and keeping the same manager. He talks about Ralph in high regard. The only way he would be sacked, is if the club thought we were at serious risk of relegation and therefore not acting would cost the club more than the 8 million pay off. If we fuss over a few million when buying a player, I'm pretty sure we don't have 8 million plus to waste unless it's absolutely necessary.

There is another theory going round, that Newcastle want Rogers at Leicester and Leicester want Ralph, and then Howe would come here. But who knows.

Laughable to think Leicester would want Ralph.

You don't think we are at serious risk of relegation? We are getting on for a quarter of the season gone and haven't won a single PL game. Our long-term form is something like 4 wins in 32 PL games.

just hot air? on 10:41 - Oct 13 with 1388 viewsSaintsforeverj

just hot air? on 10:35 - Oct 13 by saints__fan__73

Laughable to think Leicester would want Ralph.

You don't think we are at serious risk of relegation? We are getting on for a quarter of the season gone and haven't won a single PL game. Our long-term form is something like 4 wins in 32 PL games.

It's far too early to tell if we are at serious risk of relegation. With Gao as owner, it's likely we will struggle regardless whoever is manager but only if we were cut adrift in the bottom three would they act, I would think. We're not even in the bottom 3 and have 5 winnable games coming up, so at the moment no I couldn't say whether we are are risk of relegation.

just hot air? on 11:29 - Oct 13 with 1340 viewssaintwizzler

Of course he won’t resign.
Football manager is probably the one profession you get rewarded for failure.

I’d love Ralphie to be here for a long time, because that would mean the team doing well and getting results.
I just can’t see what his game plan is this season.
The high press has gone. Maybe for the good. Looking knackered in the second half of games and throwing away winning positions had to stop.
Perraud looks a steady player and to play players out of position is just strange.
The left side looks a shadow of the right.
Unfortunately we are stuck with what we’ve got on the left side of midfield, probably for the season.
Where’s Small?

Hopefully with Burnley and Watford games approaching we can get some points on the board.
Leeds are no mugs, Saturday will be a tough game. They need points too.
Wolves had us sussed, men behind the ball, let us fûck about passing about along the back four and hit us on the counter. Score and defend with 10, time wasting to the max.
Leeds won’t do this they are more cavalier.
Should be a good game

JWP missing is going to hurt us. Silly boy.

Football is a results business.
Teams in and around the bottom three are there for a reason…

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

just hot air? on 11:50 - Oct 13 with 1308 viewssaint22

just hot air? on 10:23 - Oct 13 by Saintsforeverj

Well if the club think we are not at serious threat from relegation then they clearly don’t know what they are doing
Our record this calendar year is atrocious and although we aren’t leakingbgoals we can’t score and the team is so unbalanced it’s all bit perplexing
Next 3 are huge
just hot air? on 13:04 - Oct 13 with 1247 viewsSonicBoom

I'm not sure why there seems to be a lot of chatter that Eddie Howe is just going to automatically arrive at Saints. He was good at Bournemouth, then average at Burnley, then spent a lot of money back at Bournemouth and got relegated. Some of his buys were horrific.
Just because he probably lives close and turned down Celtic, apparently he's the automatic choice.
Login to get fewer ads

just hot air? on 13:45 - Oct 13 with 1212 views1885_SFC

just hot air? on 13:04 - Oct 13 by SonicBoom

I'm not sure why there seems to be a lot of chatter that Eddie Howe is just going to automatically arrive at Saints. He was good at Bournemouth, then average at Burnley, then spent a lot of money back at Bournemouth and got relegated. Some of his buys were horrific.
Just because he probably lives close and turned down Celtic, apparently he's the automatic choice.

Probably because "if" we were to sack Ralph, we'd be languishing at or near the foot of the table at the time and thus, not a very attractive proposition to any young & progressive manager... unless your name is Eddie "I live just down the road" Howe.

And then there's an owner who will place a vice-like financial grip on future acquisitions with which to help you get out of the brown stuff.

Old School is Cool

just hot air? on 14:28 - Oct 13 with 1160 viewsSaintsforeverj

just hot air? on 11:50 - Oct 13 by saint22

Well if the club think we are not at serious threat from relegation then they clearly don’t know what they are doing
Our record this calendar year is atrocious and although we aren’t leakingbgoals we can’t score and the team is so unbalanced it’s all bit perplexing
Next 3 are huge

There is still plenty of time. I agree, the next few games are key. We obviously have to get some points. If we can't beat Burnley, Norwich, Watford and co, then of course that would be very worrying. The fans would turn and Ralph would be under pressure. Apart from the Wolves game, we haven't played badly so let's see what happens in the next few games.

just hot air? on 14:48 - Oct 13 with 1139 viewsSadoldgit

More guff along with Armstrong going back to Celtic and JWP going to Villa. Semmens made it clear that he backs Ralph and has said that Ralph is happy with his back room staff so it is just more hot air.
just hot air? on 14:51 - Oct 13 with 1131 viewssaints__fan__73

just hot air? on 14:48 - Oct 13 by Sadoldgit

More guff along with Armstrong going back to Celtic and JWP going to Villa. Semmens made it clear that he backs Ralph and has said that Ralph is happy with his back room staff so it is just more hot air.

There has to be a limit. If we don't win 2 of our next 5 I don't think he will keep his job.

just hot air? on 15:26 - Oct 13 with 1088 viewsSonicBoom

I honestly think he will.
The club appears to be totally behind Ralph and has committed to the "playbook".
We have had a bumpy start to this season (and the end of the last) but I think they will give him every possible chance. I imagine that he is safe until January.
just hot air? on 15:37 - Oct 13 with 1074 viewssaints__fan__73

just hot air? on 15:26 - Oct 13 by SonicBoom

I honestly think he will.
The club appears to be totally behind Ralph and has committed to the "playbook".
We have had a bumpy start to this season (and the end of the last) but I think they will give him every possible chance. I imagine that he is safe until January.

You have to remember the club has been running with no long term plan other than 'don't get relegated' for quite a few years now.

This is the only thing that matters to the board. They know that if they do it really could be game over for them and the club.

So I could well see them panicking a lot earlier than January if the appalling run of form does not stop.

just hot air? on 16:59 - Oct 13 with 1028 viewssaintwizzler

just hot air? on 14:51 - Oct 13 by saints__fan__73

There has to be a limit. If we don't win 2 of our next 5 I don't think he will keep his job.

I think 2 wins from those games is minimum yes.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

just hot air? on 17:33 - Oct 13 with 990 views1ASIN12

Anyone who does not think the club are in danger of going down need to get their head out of the sand . That can be said for about 6 other clubs .

Ralph is safe for now but as others have said the next 5 are huge for both Saints and Ralph. Lose against Leeds and more fans will turn , fail to beat Burnley and a few more will .

We have got 34 points from the last 38 games and we can’t carry on like that , something has to change .

If we find ourselves in the bottom 3 after we play Norwich away in November then id have a fair bet that many supporters will be very vocal in the club sacking Ralph and the club might have to act, no matter how much they may or may not be behind him now.

If we can somehow get enough pots to be 16/15 /14 th then Ralph obviously will keep his job and the fans will be happy.
just hot air? on 19:33 - Oct 13 with 903 viewsSadoldgit

just hot air? on 17:33 - Oct 13 by 1ASIN12

Anyone who does not think the club are in danger of going down need to get their head out of the sand . That can be said for about 6 other clubs .

Ralph is safe for now but as others have said the next 5 are huge for both Saints and Ralph. Lose against Leeds and more fans will turn , fail to beat Burnley and a few more will .

We have got 34 points from the last 38 games and we can’t carry on like that , something has to change .

If we find ourselves in the bottom 3 after we play Norwich away in November then id have a fair bet that many supporters will be very vocal in the club sacking Ralph and the club might have to act, no matter how much they may or may not be behind him now.

If we can somehow get enough pots to be 16/15 /14 th then Ralph obviously will keep his job and the fans will be happy.

Ralphs departure won’t depend on the number of fams who turn against him. He will go when Semmens and the Board decide they need a change. Semmens is no mug and will pull the trigger if and when he thinks the time is right.
just hot air? on 19:34 - Oct 13 with 902 viewscocklebreath

just hot air? on 14:51 - Oct 13 by saints__fan__73

Soggy seems very happy and 1 point from next 5 is a good return

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

just hot air? on 19:41 - Oct 13 with 895 viewsSadoldgit

just hot air? on 19:34 - Oct 13 by cocklebreath

Soggy seems very happy and 1 point from next 5 is a good return

Where have I said that Cockle?
just hot air? on 20:34 - Oct 13 with 842 viewscocklebreath

just hot air? on 19:41 - Oct 13 by Sadoldgit

Where have I said that Cockle?

You haven’t old boy but in 5 games time you will be singing from the same hymn sheet

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

just hot air? on 10:45 - Oct 14 with 673 viewsSadoldgit

just hot air? on 20:34 - Oct 13 by cocklebreath

You haven’t old boy but in 5 games time you will be singing from the same hymn sheet

Yes I will. It will be the Board’s decision to sack him, not the fans.
just hot air? on 11:03 - Oct 14 with 658 viewssaints__fan__73

just hot air? on 10:45 - Oct 14 by Sadoldgit

Yes I will. It will be the Board’s decision to sack him, not the fans.

What does that statement mean exactly? That there's no point in discussing it? Ok, then let's just shut this place down!

And football is littered with examples of boards bowing to fan pressure to sack a manager. It was a big reason why we sacked Puel despite finishing 8th.

just hot air? on 11:47 - Oct 14 with 642 viewsSadoldgit

just hot air? on 11:03 - Oct 14 by saints__fan__73

What does that statement mean exactly? That there's no point in discussing it? Ok, then let's just shut this place down!

And football is littered with examples of boards bowing to fan pressure to sack a manager. It was a big reason why we sacked Puel despite finishing 8th.

It means exactly what it says. If what you say is true don’t you think he would have been sacked by now given the comments on social media? Also I didn’t say that there was no point in discussing it. Board’s may factor in fan’s discontent but if they based their decisions on what fans thought managers would be sacked every week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024