Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir David Amess MP RIP 17:27 - Oct 15 with 1634 viewsSadoldgit

Dreadful news. Perhaps it is time to provide armed guards for MP’s surgeries. I knew nothing about this MP but it sounds like he was one of those who did his job for all constituents quietly behind the scenes and did it well. People should not have to put their lives on the line when they sign up for public service. Too many nut jobs out there. RIP
Sir David Amess MP RIP on 17:28 - Oct 15 with 1312 viewsgeezershoong1

Maybe certain people need to take a look at themselves and the language they use in politics going forward.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 18:24 - Oct 15 with 1271 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 17:28 - Oct 15 by geezershoong1

Maybe certain people need to take a look at themselves and the language they use in politics going forward.

This. The language used by many people is ridiculous now.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 19:17 - Oct 15 with 1204 viewsGasGiant

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 17:28 - Oct 15 by geezershoong1

Who? If you have someone in mind, - which you do - say it.
Sir David Amess MP RIP on 19:47 - Oct 15 with 1175 viewsBison

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 19:17 - Oct 15 by GasGiant

Who? If you have someone in mind, - which you do - say it.

Who was the one that said they were Tory Scum ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 21:28 - Oct 15 with 1113 viewsSouthamptonfan

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 19:47 - Oct 15 by Bison

Who was the one that said they were Tory Scum ?

Instead of I agree or disagree, the number of people across social media labelling mps as scum, clowns, animals and worse, need to have a good look at themselves. Regardless of their political beliefs, these people have families and lives. Sir David was well liked in his constituency. But once again, after the killings in Norway, it looks like it's the evil of Islamic extremism.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 21:28]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 08:17 - Oct 16 with 998 viewsSadoldgit

It was apparently motivated by terror, not the comments of another MP. Let’s not forget that Jo Cox, a Labour MP, was also murdered not so long ago.
Sir David Amess MP RIP on 08:32 - Oct 16 with 978 viewsbarry_sanchez

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 08:17 - Oct 16 by Sadoldgit

It was apparently motivated by terror, not the comments of another MP. Let’s not forget that Jo Cox, a Labour MP, was also murdered not so long ago.

Both fascist it would seem, one cultural one religious.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:01 - Oct 16 with 964 viewsSadoldgit

Why the need to pin this dreadful murder on the Labour Party?
Login to get fewer ads

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:23 - Oct 16 with 944 viewsbarry_sanchez

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:01 - Oct 16 by Sadoldgit

Why the need to pin this dreadful murder on the Labour Party?

Sorry, what?

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:26 - Oct 16 with 938 viewsSadoldgit

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:23 - Oct 16 by barry_sanchez

Sorry, what?

I was referring to earlier posts. Our PM has slurred many and not an eyelid gets batted. A Labour Party member does the same and some try to pin this murder on her words.
Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:26 - Oct 16 with 936 viewsJaySaint

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 08:17 - Oct 16 by Sadoldgit

I bet you pinned the Jo Cox death on Brexit, though

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:29 - Oct 16 with 931 viewsbarry_sanchez

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:26 - Oct 16 by Sadoldgit

I was referring to earlier posts. Our PM has slurred many and not an eyelid gets batted. A Labour Party member does the same and some try to pin this murder on her words.

I like Rayner but she was stupid doing that, this I doubt has anything to do with that slur but more of a cultural and religious view point.

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:35 - Oct 16 with 920 viewsGasGiant

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:26 - Oct 16 by Sadoldgit

Who has he slurred? What did he say? Name them.
Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:35 - Oct 16 with 917 viewsJaySaint

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:29 - Oct 16 by barry_sanchez

I like Rayner but she was stupid doing that, this I doubt has anything to do with that slur but more of a cultural and religious view point.

Jess Phillips also spoke about stabbing people in the front.

McDonnell also said 'I want to be in a situation where no Tory MP, = can travel anywhere in the country, or show their face anywhere in public, without being challenged, without direct action.'

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:37 - Oct 16 with 915 viewsDorsetIan

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:26 - Oct 16 by JaySaint

It’s time to start trying to agree with each other a bit more.

By all accounts, Amess was an extraordinarily decent man, who is being widely praised from all sides.

And it should also be possible to disagree without each of us thinking the other is a cnt. My impression is that most on this site are decent people. We just all come at things from different perspectives having had different life experiences.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:37 - Oct 16 with 913 viewsJaySaint

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:37 - Oct 16 by DorsetIan

It’s time to start trying to agree with each other a bit more.

By all accounts, Amess was an extraordinarily decent man, who is being widely praised from all sides.

And it should also be possible to disagree without each of us thinking the other is a cnt. My impression is that most on this site are decent people. We just all come at things from different perspectives having had different life experiences.

Amen to that

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:40 - Oct 16 with 903 viewsSadoldgit

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:26 - Oct 16 by JaySaint

Nope
Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:44 - Oct 16 with 896 viewsSadoldgit

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:35 - Oct 16 by GasGiant

Who has he slurred? What did he say? Name them.

Where to start? Black people. Muslims. Gays. There is quite a long list but I’m sure this will do for going in with. And as Rayner said, she will apologise for her comment when he apologies for his comments.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 9:46]
Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:55 - Oct 16 with 881 viewsSadoldgit

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:35 - Oct 16 by JaySaint

Jess Phillips also spoke about stabbing people in the front.

McDonnell also said 'I want to be in a situation where no Tory MP, = can travel anywhere in the country, or show their face anywhere in public, without being challenged, without direct action.'

There is a huge difference between challenging someone’s views verbally and sticking a knife in them though! I sa Ken Livingstone walking down the road years ago and a ship keeper left his ship and ran down the road haranguing him about some policy or other. Not very pleasant to be shouted at in the street but he lived to tell the tale and I expect most if not all MPs get verbals on a regular basis. I did a stint on our local Parish council. It is a very small Parich and nothing much happens here but a local loud mouth rounded up a few locals and disrupted a Council meeting. It goes with the territory but a line needs to be drawn at physical violence.
And let’s not forget that this particular murder is apparently an act of terrorism and has nothing to do with our political parties.
Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:56 - Oct 16 with 878 viewsJaySaint

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 09:55 - Oct 16 by Sadoldgit

There is a huge difference between challenging someone’s views verbally and sticking a knife in them though! I sa Ken Livingstone walking down the road years ago and a ship keeper left his ship and ran down the road haranguing him about some policy or other. Not very pleasant to be shouted at in the street but he lived to tell the tale and I expect most if not all MPs get verbals on a regular basis. I did a stint on our local Parish council. It is a very small Parich and nothing much happens here but a local loud mouth rounded up a few locals and disrupted a Council meeting. It goes with the territory but a line needs to be drawn at physical violence.
And let’s not forget that this particular murder is apparently an act of terrorism and has nothing to do with our political parties.

but I am sure you blame trump for many ills over the in the US and would (and do) blame BoJo for everything nasty in this country....despite them both politiking.

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 10:12 - Oct 16 with 869 viewsSadoldgit

It is a shame that this thread has turned a man’s needless death in a political football. Can’t we just be respectful for now? Despite his politics he was by all accounts a decent, caring family man and no one deserves to have this happen to them.
Sir David Amess MP RIP on 11:02 - Oct 16 with 847 viewssaint68

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 10:12 - Oct 16 by Sadoldgit

It is a shame that this thread has turned a man’s needless death in a political football. Can’t we just be respectful for now? Despite his politics he was by all accounts a decent, caring family man and no one deserves to have this happen to them.

Well well well..the sites very own contrary Mary wants everyone to be nice and respectful..

In this instance I wholly agree.

A decent man slaughtered by a religious idiot..won't be the first and definitely wont be the last sadly.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 12:00 - Oct 16 with 809 viewsBicester_North

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 10:12 - Oct 16 by Sadoldgit

Yep and you’re one of the main ones doing exactly that

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 18:37 - Oct 16 with 712 viewsSadoldgit

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 12:00 - Oct 16 by Bicester_North

Yep and you’re one of the main ones doing exactly that

Seriously? How many dead politicians have I slagged off?
Sir David Amess MP RIP on 10:51 - Oct 17 with 619 viewsChesham_Saint

Sir David Amess MP RIP on 18:37 - Oct 16 by Sadoldgit

Seriously? How many dead politicians have I slagged off?

Hitler?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024