Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Newcastle take over 10:33 - Oct 21 with 1832 viewsKriSaint

The blond female front figur and new part owner of N'castle asked if the buying of the club is a sports washing thing (a money white washing thing):

"Eh, no..... It's about investment in a fantastic team......,and investment in the community".

My conclusion: It IS about white washing money!
The Newcastle take over on 10:45 - Oct 21 with 1810 viewsdwayne_dibley

are you allowed to say wh*te anymore?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

The Newcastle take over on 11:25 - Oct 21 with 1770 viewskernow

The Newcastle take over on 10:45 - Oct 21 by dwayne_dibley

colorless
The Newcastle take over on 12:06 - Oct 21 with 1739 viewssaints__fan__73

How can it be about money laundering? Any amounts put through the PL are peanuts compared to the wealth of the Saudis. Newcastle are, like City and PSG, now actually owned by a country rather than just one of those run of mill billionaires.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

The Newcastle take over on 12:22 - Oct 21 with 1726 viewsdwayne_dibley

The Newcastle take over on 11:25 - Oct 21 by kernow

colorless

colourless

The Newcastle take over on 13:32 - Oct 21 with 1674 viewskernow

The Newcastle take over on 12:22 - Oct 21 by dwayne_dibley

colourless

Humorless
The Newcastle take over on 14:40 - Oct 21 with 1631 viewsKriSaint

The Newcastle take over on 12:06 - Oct 21 by saints__fan__73

How can it be about money laundering? Any amounts put through the PL are peanuts compared to the wealth of the Saudis. Newcastle are, like City and PSG, now actually owned by a country rather than just one of those run of mill billionaires.

Correct, owned by a country like City and PSG, but it will be far from peanuts run through the club. Why not perfect for money laundering in your opinion?
The Newcastle take over on 10:38 - Oct 22 with 1440 viewsSadoldgit

The Newcastle take over on 10:45 - Oct 21 by dwayne_dibley

Or blonde female? Not sure what her hair colour has to do with anything. Still…I am not sure how money laundering works, but pouring it into a football club where you are not likely to see a return seems to be a pretty sure way to lose money rather than launder it.
The Newcastle take over on 10:59 - Oct 22 with 1422 viewssaint901

The lady is question is Amanda Stavely. She a somewhat inconsistent history but has been around high finance transaction, mainly involving Arab countries and the west, for perhaps a couple of decades now. She tried to sue Barclays Bank for an alleged multi million pound "commission" when the bank raised funds from equity rather than take the Gov't bail out in 2008. The Court case did not go well for either side with the Judge saying that he a choice of two accounts, neither of which he had complete confidence were true.

Her involvement in the club and the subsequent Saudi investment is not coincidental but will provoke a debate.

The Arab nations are looking for their investment in Newcastle to be proof our their bona fides, a demonstration of their business integrity and importantly a chance to show that their nation's values (of which they are proud) are reflected in success for the club.

You can argue that their nation is also culpable of human rights abuses, state terrorism and a frankly medieval society if you are a woman and a justice system that owes a lot to ancient practices.

We, the average football fan, have no say in who owns clubs. The same comments above could apply to Man City, PSG, some Italian outfits. I think the "proper owner" test in Spain is more restrictive.

Perhaps the test is:

If a non UK owner of questionable motive and culture were to acquire Saints and begin a program of investment designed to win the European Champions League within 5 years, would you still support the team?
Login to get fewer ads

The Newcastle take over on 12:40 - Oct 22 with 1383 viewsdwayne_dibley

only if they reduce the cost of a Gasworks burger

The Newcastle take over on 14:09 - Oct 22 with 1332 viewskernow

So if Newcastle United have become a launderette then perhaps their black and colourless striped shirts will run and become fifty shades of grey. Just a frivolous thought from someone with too much time at the moment.
The Newcastle take over on 10:28 - Oct 23 with 1186 viewsdwayne_dibley

The Newcastle take over on 14:09 - Oct 22 by kernow

So if Newcastle United have become a launderette then perhaps their black and colourless striped shirts will run and become fifty shades of grey. Just a frivolous thought from someone with too much time at the moment.

probably run better than the players

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024