Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
INEPT MANAGER 19:15 - Oct 23 with 4911 viewsMrangry25

What is it with RH that he really cannot see what is going on on the pitch. His constant use of that useless pile of body parts Redmond and Walcott is beyond the comprehension of the 29,000 saints fans in the stadium.
What is it with him that he cant play KWP at right back and play Tino as the marauder in front of him, he was bloody awesome today but we cannot expect him to keep bombing down the wing and defend as well.
Perroud needs some more game time and a lesson on how to cross the bloody ball, as do the rest of the team.
When RH joined us we played high pressing football, we have reverted back to slow ponderous, dare i say it Puel football and it is costing us. His substitutions are bizarre wtf was he doing leaving Redmond on the pitch for so long to then substitute him for our goal machine Che Adams with 2 minutes left!!!!.
I think the bloke has not got a clue and is tactically inept.
INEPT MANAGER on 19:34 - Oct 23 with 3043 viewsBicester_North

I agree about Walcott and a lot of the selections/substitutions

Redmond is a difficult one, he was very good last week but never strings a run of games like that together.

I don’t agree about the football we play and tactics. We kept getting annihilated in the second half as we haven’t got the quality to keep the pressing up, we had 19 attempts today and lack of finishing quality let us down as usual. We have conceded less goals per game so far this season which had to be done. The previous style that Guardiola loved to play against so much led to too many hammerings.

Ralph needs a strong willed right hand man to question some of his crazy selection and sub decisions.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

INEPT MANAGER on 19:40 - Oct 23 with 3023 viewskingolaf

He is a poor manager and I fail to see how sacking him would make things any worse.
INEPT MANAGER on 19:43 - Oct 23 with 3018 viewsBison

What a load of total Cocks you who started this and any who support it.

We are Southampton not Manchester City or Newcastle.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

INEPT MANAGER on 20:38 - Oct 23 with 2945 viewsSaintsforeverj

INEPT MANAGER on 19:40 - Oct 23 by kingolaf

He is a poor manager and I fail to see how sacking him would make things any worse.

It could be a lot worse. We have a vastly under invested in team and Ralph is doing a good job. There is ofcourse the Norwich manager, Steve Bruce, or even the Everton manager, who lost 5 2 at home today with a 500 million pounds assembled squad. We won't get anyone better than Ralph willing to have a transfer budget of £0.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

INEPT MANAGER on 20:39 - Oct 23 with 2945 viewskingslandstand1

INEPT MANAGER on 19:43 - Oct 23 by Bison

A bit heavy on the OP, but you both have points. There were positives in as much as the build up the the goals we did well and deserved the lead, but once we got that lead we were sh1t!

The starting line up was def qquestionable and without doubt KWP must question what he has to do to get on the pitch unless he has pi55ed off RH somewhere along the line. We were saying even at HT that what is wrong with playing KWP and Tino together down the right and the French guy is not really Prem standard at LB, but we have no alternative apart from KWP which throws the above out of the window.

Stlll, what do we know!
INEPT MANAGER on 20:44 - Oct 23 with 2924 viewssaintwizzler

Sitting behind Ralphie, his body language today was pîss poor.
Arms folded, hands in pockets.

Dyche next door, up for it.

Just saying….
£115k a week Ralph.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

INEPT MANAGER on 20:44 - Oct 23 with 2924 viewsSaintsforeverj

INEPT MANAGER on 20:39 - Oct 23 by kingslandstand1

A bit heavy on the OP, but you both have points. There were positives in as much as the build up the the goals we did well and deserved the lead, but once we got that lead we were sh1t!

The starting line up was def qquestionable and without doubt KWP must question what he has to do to get on the pitch unless he has pi55ed off RH somewhere along the line. We were saying even at HT that what is wrong with playing KWP and Tino together down the right and the French guy is not really Prem standard at LB, but we have no alternative apart from KWP which throws the above out of the window.

Stlll, what do we know!

The bigger picture really is that last week was great, we won, this week we got a draw. 4 points from two games. We have the lowest net spend in the league, and we just can't expect to be flying at the top of the league having lost our best striker and not even spent it all. It is what it is and I worry that we could get a lot worse. I've watched Pellegrino's team, Hughes' team, Puel's team. This side under the circumstances is doing ok and Ralph is arguably holding things together at a club which has no Money, a poor owner and lots of challenges that the richer clubs don't have.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 20:47]

INEPT MANAGER on 20:53 - Oct 23 with 2890 viewskingslandstand1

INEPT MANAGER on 20:44 - Oct 23 by Saintsforeverj

The bigger picture really is that last week was great, we won, this week we got a draw. 4 points from two games. We have the lowest net spend in the league, and we just can't expect to be flying at the top of the league having lost our best striker and not even spent it all. It is what it is and I worry that we could get a lot worse. I've watched Pellegrino's team, Hughes' team, Puel's team. This side under the circumstances is doing ok and Ralph is arguably holding things together at a club which has no Money, a poor owner and lots of challenges that the richer clubs don't have.

But look at the other posts on here regarding what RH actually has at his disposal and is he actually making the most of them. Armstong (S) and KWP not starting beggars belief some times!
Login to get fewer ads

INEPT MANAGER on 21:17 - Oct 23 with 2850 viewsBison

INEPT MANAGER on 20:53 - Oct 23 by kingslandstand1

But look at the other posts on here regarding what RH actually has at his disposal and is he actually making the most of them. Armstong (S) and KWP not starting beggars belief some times!

Sorry mate , i did not realise you worked at Marchwood.

You right , we should play all the players we THINK are good.

Ralf is shit , you are in Football Manager God Mode....

INEPT MANAGER on 21:29 - Oct 23 with 2831 viewsgrumpy

INEPT MANAGER on 19:34 - Oct 23 by Bicester_North

Redmond is a difficult one, he was very good last week but never strings a run of games like that together.

I don’t agree about the football we play and tactics. We kept getting annihilated in the second half as we haven’t got the quality to keep the pressing up, we had 19 attempts today and lack of finishing quality let us down as usual. We have conceded less goals per game so far this season which had to be done. The previous style that Guardiola loved to play against so much led to too many hammerings.

Ralph needs a strong willed right hand man to question some of his crazy selection and sub decisions.

'Ralph needs a strong willed right hand man to question some of his crazy selection and sub decisions'

This I absolutely I agree with.
INEPT MANAGER on 21:30 - Oct 23 with 2826 viewskingslandstand1

INEPT MANAGER on 21:17 - Oct 23 by Bison

Sorry mate , i did not realise you worked at Marchwood.

You right , we should play all the players we THINK are good.

Ralf is shit , you are in Football Manager God Mode....

As Ralph "thinks" are good as well in the positions he plays them
INEPT MANAGER on 21:35 - Oct 23 with 2813 viewsDorsetIan

INEPT MANAGER on 19:34 - Oct 23 by Bicester_North

Bicester, you are talking out of your...

Actually, for once I agree entirely with one of your posts.

And picking up on the Redmond point. I posted a couple of weeks back that Redmond, Walcott and Djenepo had all had enough chances and we should look to build around others who might eventually deliver. I’m sticking with that for Walcott and Djenepo - neither are going to be good enough.

But Redmond showed last week, and to a lesser extent today, that he still has something to offer. Broja, S Armstrong, Tino, and Elyounnoussi can all contribute well to an attack, they take some of the pressure off Redmond, which helps him I think.

But Ralph has to stop playing Long, Walcott, Djenepo - they are not good enough and the team has enough to do without having to carry them too.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

INEPT MANAGER on 23:11 - Oct 23 with 2710 viewsBicester_North

INEPT MANAGER on 21:35 - Oct 23 by DorsetIan

Bicester, you are talking out of your...

Actually, for once I agree entirely with one of your posts.

And picking up on the Redmond point. I posted a couple of weeks back that Redmond, Walcott and Djenepo had all had enough chances and we should look to build around others who might eventually deliver. I’m sticking with that for Walcott and Djenepo - neither are going to be good enough.

But Redmond showed last week, and to a lesser extent today, that he still has something to offer. Broja, S Armstrong, Tino, and Elyounnoussi can all contribute well to an attack, they take some of the pressure off Redmond, which helps him I think.

But Ralph has to stop playing Long, Walcott, Djenepo - they are not good enough and the team has enough to do without having to carry them too.

I love you too Ian

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

INEPT MANAGER on 23:38 - Oct 23 with 2686 viewsTripleNiemi

INEPT MANAGER on 20:44 - Oct 23 by saintwizzler

Sitting behind Ralphie, his body language today was pîss poor.
Arms folded, hands in pockets.

Dyche next door, up for it.

Just saying….
£115k a week Ralph.

What is Walcott earning?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

INEPT MANAGER on 08:32 - Oct 24 with 2539 viewssaint22

INEPT MANAGER on 23:38 - Oct 23 by TripleNiemi

What is Walcott earning?

Earning implies he actually works for it
INEPT MANAGER on 09:25 - Oct 24 with 2477 viewsMrangry25

INEPT MANAGER on 19:43 - Oct 23 by Bison

Bison, why am i a total cock for merely pointing out that our manager just does not seem to have the tactical nouse to play the best players we have in the right positions.

Please tell what your thoughts are on why he does not play KWP from the start at right back and why he continually plays Redmond and Walcott, and why he seems reluctant to make the switches we need at crucial times in the game.

We do not need to be Man City, Man U, Chelsea or any of the other teams up the top but it would be nice to at least watch the best side we have play instead of watching that same old sideways and backwards cr*p that we played in the last 10 minutes yesterday.
INEPT MANAGER on 09:55 - Oct 24 with 2464 views1teeminants

INEPT MANAGER on 20:44 - Oct 23 by Saintsforeverj

I agree that we’re pretty skint and are doing ok with what we’ve got but we could do so much better with the players we have .Leaving Walcott on the pitch for so long wtf ? ,leaving Stuart Armstrong out who has proven over many games what an important player he is for us is ridiculous. Not playing KWP !? Ralph needs to find a place for him . Tella , Stu Armstrong , KWP are too good not to be used more . It’s incompetence on Ralph’s part IMO and his substitutions are just baffling . I would give Tella a few games, he was very good last season and this pre season, his confidence must be shot now . I would also play Broja and Adam Armstrong up front with Redmond coming off the bench and leave Walcott out altogether but what do I know.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

INEPT MANAGER on 10:27 - Oct 24 with 2419 viewsSadoldgit

Apart from missing an open goal (and to be fair the ball was travelling at speed across the goal and he was just trying to get something on it, which he did but not enough) I thought Redmond did ok yesterday and last week. Walcott is a strange one. He set himself up for a good chance very well and then put it wide. A player of his experience should at least hit the target. He gets himself into good positions but you never feel like he is going to do something positive. But we did not draw because Walcott was playing. Again we gave away soft goals. Livramento was at fault for the first and whilst the second was well taken, Bednarek gave him too much room and time to get his shot away. We have looked better defensively of late but yesterday I always thought that Burnley could get goals. It was quite a wide open game until Burnley put more men behind the ball in the later stages and we know how we struggle to break down packer defences. I don’t agree that Ralph is an inept manager. I don’t always agree with his team selections but he works with the players day in day out so he has a better idea than we do about form, team shapes and set up etc. As has been said, we can’t afford superstars so we have mainly an average squad which has some quality but not enough to get us into the top third. What we saw yesterday was a match between two average EPL sides - short on star quality but not lacking in effort and entertainment.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 11:41]
INEPT MANAGER on 10:40 - Oct 24 with 2405 viewsSaintsforeverj

INEPT MANAGER on 09:55 - Oct 24 by 1teeminants

I agree that we’re pretty skint and are doing ok with what we’ve got but we could do so much better with the players we have .Leaving Walcott on the pitch for so long wtf ? ,leaving Stuart Armstrong out who has proven over many games what an important player he is for us is ridiculous. Not playing KWP !? Ralph needs to find a place for him . Tella , Stu Armstrong , KWP are too good not to be used more . It’s incompetence on Ralph’s part IMO and his substitutions are just baffling . I would give Tella a few games, he was very good last season and this pre season, his confidence must be shot now . I would also play Broja and Adam Armstrong up front with Redmond coming off the bench and leave Walcott out altogether but what do I know.

I don't disagree with your points about player selections. Tella was excellent last season, so why he isn't getting a chance is baffling. But all the same, we are still getting results and putting in good performances. The problem yesterday was bad defending. Lots of moans at Walcott and Redmond but why hasn't anyone had a go at Bednerac for two glaring mistakes which lead to both goals?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 10:40]

INEPT MANAGER on 10:46 - Oct 24 with 2386 viewsMytchettSaint

INEPT MANAGER on 10:27 - Oct 24 by Sadoldgit

Apart from missing an open goal (and to be fair the ball was travelling at speed across the goal and he was just trying to get something on it, which he did but not enough) I thought Redmond did ok yesterday and last week. Walcott is a strange one. He set himself up for a good chance very well and then put it wide. A player of his experience should at least hit the target. He gets himself into good positions but you never feel like he is going to do something positive. But we did not draw because Walcott was playing. Again we gave away soft goals. Livramento was at fault for the first and whilst the second was well taken, Bednarek gave him too much room and time to get his shot away. We have looked better defensively of late but yesterday I always thought that Burnley could get goals. It was quite a wide open game until Burnley put more men behind the ball in the later stages and we know how we struggle to break down packer defences. I don’t agree that Ralph is an inept manager. I don’t always agree with his team selections but he works with the players day in day out so he has a better idea than we do about form, team shapes and set up etc. As has been said, we can’t afford superstars so we have mainly an average squad which has some quality but not enough to get us into the top third. What we saw yesterday was a match between two average EPL sides - short on star quality but not lacking in effort and entertainment.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 11:41]

If Redmond used his left foot instead of his right that was a goal. I’m not going to put him down as I thought he did ok yesterday and after his performance against Leeds perhaps people probably thought he’d be that effective again and have judged him by that. There’s a good player in there, it’s up to Ralph and himself to show it more often.
Burnley broke quick and always made sure they ended with an attempted effort on target (they did that for a reason) and didn’t check back and break up the momentum they had going forward, which was something we started slipping back into in the second half.
Ralph just doesn’t have in game management in him. The delay in using subs to replace players not in the game or to make tactical changes seems to be his big downfall for me.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

INEPT MANAGER on 10:57 - Oct 24 with 2366 viewsDorsetIan

Here's a theory: Ralph is just being excessively positive and optimistic.

What we all liked about Ralph when he arrived was his enthusiasm and positivity after the previous three dullsters.

We can all sit in the stand and see who is not performing and we have no responsibility to them, so we just call them out.

Ralph wants to maintain a positive team spirit, and psychologically I think he is an optimistic man, so instead he simply acts as if some of the players and the team in general are better than they are. A sort of 'fake it til you make it' idea.

That might explain why he keeps playing people that most of think are failing and why he keeps tinkering with the team as if he were a manager with a best squad in the world.

Im terms of maintaining a good team spirit, I'd say it was working. I don't think their effort and attitude can be faulted this season.

I'd still like to see him be a bit more ruthless with some of the players who are never going to deliver, but I'm going to cut him a bid more slack on this team selections for a few games, and see how the results pan out.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

INEPT MANAGER on 11:36 - Oct 24 with 2336 viewsBison

So many posters want RH out yet not a single one has suggested a realistic alternative. So at the point of suggesting a new manager you decide to trust our board to get the decision right ? The same board we are all slagging off for ineptness for a multitude of reasons.

We have 2 good RB's yet a criticism of RH is that he does not play both , he tried that by playing one at LB , it didnt work. So now lets play a RB as right winger , when that doesnt work shall we try one as a Centre Forward of even replace the worse GK in the PL or even the championship according to some by playing him in goal ?

INEPT MANAGER on 11:44 - Oct 24 with 2322 viewsSadoldgit

INEPT MANAGER on 10:40 - Oct 24 by Saintsforeverj

I don't disagree with your points about player selections. Tella was excellent last season, so why he isn't getting a chance is baffling. But all the same, we are still getting results and putting in good performances. The problem yesterday was bad defending. Lots of moans at Walcott and Redmond but why hasn't anyone had a go at Bednerac for two glaring mistakes which lead to both goals?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 10:40]

I think the first was down to Livramento’s poor positioning. He lost his man. If he is goal side there is no clearer header on goal. When he gets his head on the ball Livramento is behind him and he has a free header.
INEPT MANAGER on 12:11 - Oct 24 with 2291 viewsTripleNiemi

INEPT MANAGER on 11:36 - Oct 24 by Bison

So many posters want RH out yet not a single one has suggested a realistic alternative. So at the point of suggesting a new manager you decide to trust our board to get the decision right ? The same board we are all slagging off for ineptness for a multitude of reasons.

We have 2 good RB's yet a criticism of RH is that he does not play both , he tried that by playing one at LB , it didnt work. So now lets play a RB as right winger , when that doesnt work shall we try one as a Centre Forward of even replace the worse GK in the PL or even the championship according to some by playing him in goal ?

Said it before and will say it again, i am not in the Ralph out camp for several reasons.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

INEPT MANAGER on 13:31 - Oct 24 with 2247 viewsBuenosSaint

INEPT MANAGER on 10:57 - Oct 24 by DorsetIan

Here's a theory: Ralph is just being excessively positive and optimistic.

What we all liked about Ralph when he arrived was his enthusiasm and positivity after the previous three dullsters.

We can all sit in the stand and see who is not performing and we have no responsibility to them, so we just call them out.

Ralph wants to maintain a positive team spirit, and psychologically I think he is an optimistic man, so instead he simply acts as if some of the players and the team in general are better than they are. A sort of 'fake it til you make it' idea.

That might explain why he keeps playing people that most of think are failing and why he keeps tinkering with the team as if he were a manager with a best squad in the world.

Im terms of maintaining a good team spirit, I'd say it was working. I don't think their effort and attitude can be faulted this season.

I'd still like to see him be a bit more ruthless with some of the players who are never going to deliver, but I'm going to cut him a bid more slack on this team selections for a few games, and see how the results pan out.

Good observation Dorset. I think you are right and he hasn't lost the dressing room.

At the very least he should experiment with kwp and livramental down the right in the league Cup. This is not going to rock the boat and we can see if tino gets marked out at right mid./ wing. But id be astounded if it happens.

Poll: The Long Future

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024